I-phone, I pod touch or Nokia X6?

Another iPhone fan here. Had mine for a year now and will never go to any other phone - it does EVERYTHING (well except clean the house and make the dinner, although I'm hopeful that in the future there's an app for that ;)).

Thinking about upgrading to a 3GS but heard rumours of the next version coming out in the summer so I'm holding off.

HAHA Love that !!

And yes me too im due for an upgrade next month and is also holding off till the summer ! Go us :D

x

i loved my iphone.. i'm sure you know that already though seen as I am still in mourning.

my workmates with blackberries find they crash quite often? HTC's are pretty good - a friend of mine has one, not sure on the type but it has windows 7 on and he loves it, and my OH has the HTC hero and he has no problems with it.

I am of course, obsessed with i-everythings.. and even got super excited when someone sent me a text telling me Apple had developed a new product for women - the i-Ron. I was devastated half an hour later when i twigged on :p

blackwidow said:
I am of course, obsessed with i-everythings.. and even got super excited when someone sent me a text telling me Apple had developed a new product for women - the i-Ron. I was devastated half an hour later when i twigged on

classic thats well funny....

Also an Iphone addict Meike and always attached to mine it even goes to the loo and has a bath with me lol

I am of course, obsessed with i-everythings.. and even got super excited when someone sent me a text telling me Apple had developed a new product for women - the i-Ron. I was devastated half an hour later when i twigged on :p

I don't get it :rolleyes:

Hihi, i guess i knew that i would get a sh*t load of Iphone lovers on here - it's so biased!!
Have to admit that I still decided against it - really can't justify a monthly payment like that for what I'd use the phone.. AND three was so eager to keep me on (as I was asking for my PAC number) that they more or less offered me the Nokia X6 for close to the same packet that I am on at the moment (£2 more per month though - think I can handle that :D) and unlimited internet.. so am getting it delivered tomorrow :D

A colleague of mine has the Nokia and is really happy with it, he'll let me have a play with it today and if I don't like it I'll send mine back tomorrow and go to Orange - coz I have to admit that I now feel kinda sad that I am not getting an Iphone somehow.. after reading all these enthused iphone comments...

Many many thanks for your comments here though! Highly appreciated..

And Lydia: It's an iron (i-Ron) :D

Apple will bring out a new version of the iPhone every year like they do the iPod. The original iPhone was so reprieved of features that phone users were used to that it was obvious that the strategy would be to release one every 12-18 months and have a constant stream of up-graders. Its a good plan and until someone else can develop a good product that rivals it then they will continue to make money from it. HTC have several phones, all with different operating systems, Nokia are a little behind on the apps front and Blackberry haven't really sussed out the home market yet.

Anyway that's my rant over, oh and Anthony does the iPhone not tell you when the caps lock is on :)

im a blackberry loyal fan here! can't stand the iPhone, its gimmicky and mine just wouldnt do what i bloody well wanted it to! and definitely not worth the contract costs! im on £20 a month, unlimited texts, calls and internet and push email and will never ever switch from bb again!

I have been thinking about the bb phone, do you mind me asking which network you are on to get unlimited texts, calls and net? Also, did the phone come free or did you have to pay something towards it? What is push email??? xxxx

I get my iphone 3GS tomorrow friday on orange upgrade,cant wait have had a samsung tocco for 18 months ,thanks for all your feedbacks :) xx

I have been thinking about the bb phone, do you mind me asking which network you are on to get unlimited texts, calls and net? Also, did the phone come free or did you have to pay something towards it? What is push email??? xxxx

i got the storm and it was free and its on orange. i had to phone up to get the deal its not available in store :) i also get free home phone number calls with in my area so all numbers with my area code are free too. i didnt even realise this til about a week ago lol push email is where email from your internet account (e.g hotmail) is sent directly to an inbox on your phone like text messages. Where as most phones you have to go onto the internet and type in hotmail.com, sign in and then read your email.

i got the storm and it was free and its on orange. i had to phone up to get the deal its not available in store :) i also get free home phone number calls with in my area so all numbers with my area code are free too. i didnt even realise this til about a week ago lol push email is where email from your internet account (e.g hotmail) is sent directly to an inbox on your phone like text messages. Where as most phones you have to go onto the internet and type in hotmail.com, sign in and then read your email.

Ah thanks so much for the info, will prob go for the bberry as I seen a deal on net today for £15 per month for 300 mins, 300 text and unlimited internet. Just need to find out if there are any other hidden charges, someone told me that I would prob have to pay £5 for a booster, not sure what that means or why I need it so will keep investigating lol x

the £5 is usually bb internet package but if it says 500mb per month is included then thats the bb internet package.

I love my Blackberry, i couldn't go back to any other phone now lol :)

i've ordered my nokia x6 looks amazing, and i don't really want an iphone like you stated before too expensive for what it is and what i need it for :)

just wondering how yours in going?? i'm hoping it's good, my c905 stopped working on me, so had to go back to my old samsung which i hate with a passion until i decided what phone to get next as didn't want it replaced with another c905 just in case lol bring on the x6! i love nokia's! never ever will i get a samsung again though bloody things!!

I really love my Nokias, too..Never ever ever had any other brand :) and the X6 is really really good! Has some nice features. V v pleased that I didn't give into tempation for the Iphone! and 3 just offered a deal that I just couldn't resist :D It's taking a bit to get used to the touchscreen but would've had that in any case..
Hope you'll enjoy it!! Let me know how you get on!

I really love my Nokias, too..Never ever ever had any other brand :) and the X6 is really really good! Has some nice features. V v pleased that I didn't give into tempation for the Iphone! and 3 just offered a deal that I just couldn't resist :D It's taking a bit to get used to the touchscreen but would've had that in any case..
Hope you'll enjoy it!! Let me know how you get on!

that's great!!!! EEK soooo excited now! thank you very much for getting back to me! I've been using the OH's ipod touch to get use to touchscreen hehe (that was my excuse to steal it anyway! :D ) waiting for the postman to deliver mine at the moment... I'm getting VERY impatient! :mad::D:p

PS: i had nokia's for years upon years, then i went onto sony's and they are amazing also! ... but never ever ever again will i get a samsung! dear lord they are hopeless, and the battery goes within an hour! seriously it's just so very slow and annoying :D .. beware everyone!

Just make sure you charge it properly for the first time (4h should be enough though) and for the first few recharges let it uncharge itself (ie. turn off) properly before putting it on the charger - apparently that prones the batterie..
Enjoy it (once you get it :D)

Back