Pinkie1973. 100 miles, 80 to go!
Shazzabir: 100 miles, 90 to go!
Maverick: 100 miles, 80 to go!
Sunshine Runner: 100 miles, 65.5 to go
RebeccaOM: 100 miles, 100 to go
ladyantionette: 100 miles, 87 to go
Trefoil: 100 Miles, 95 to go

Hey, where have all the runners gone???

And as is by magic a Pinkie appeared..... Week 5, day 2 complete. Ran 2 x 8min runs today, and it seemed to come out slightly less, as I had slightly less distance to walk back (I went somewhere different today).

Now just the 20 minute one to do on Saturday - that will be a massive psychological hurdle for me. :eek:

Woodland girl. 100 miles, 69.5 to go!
mandy296. 100 miles, 39.5 to go...
Pinkie1973. 100 miles, 77.5 to go!

Havent updated for a while, I was away camping at the weekend. Did a 5 mile run on the first day there, and a short 1.5 mile run the next day (just running into village to pick up the car that we'd left in the pub car park the night before!)

Also did a 3 miler in my lunch break yesterday. I just need to check the actual distances on runkeeper when I get home before updating(wouldnt want to lose those 0.1s of a mile and I can't access runkeeper website on work PCs). But its somewhere around 10 miles to add to the total

Ooh well done Pinkie! Re the 20 - I think it is a psychological thing and the trick is to just take it as slooooow as you want to. All the work you've been doing means you should totally be able to do this but its just the idea, isn't it? I did 2 for each Week 5 day to take it more slowly if you see what I mean (fail!) and the first one I did on the treadmill was a nightmare but I got through it. Just beware - the second 20 minute run is where I got carried away (because just felt so good - like being a proper runner!) and I ran 30 and popped my calf muscle! But look out Woodland Girl - I'm hoping to be back sometime next week. Although I will probably be running quite small amounts at first - so you're gonna pass me! I'm getting a gait analysis done so we shall see...

Me Me Me Plllllleeease. I'm back to running _ though yesterday after 6 weeks off was painful. But I ran
1.7 miles. So do you count that as 1.5 miles!

Love Karen xxx

Ooh well done Pinkie! Re the 20 - I think it is a psychological thing and the trick is to just take it as slooooow as you want to. All the work you've been doing means you should totally be able to do this but its just the idea, isn't it? I did 2 for each Week 5 day to take it more slowly if you see what I mean (fail!) and the first one I did on the treadmill was a nightmare but I got through it. Just beware - the second 20 minute run is where I got carried away (because just felt so good - like being a proper runner!) and I ran 30 and popped my calf muscle! But look out Woodland Girl - I'm hoping to be back sometime next week. Although I will probably be running quite small amounts at first - so you're gonna pass me! I'm getting a gait analysis done so we shall see...

Thanks! :) I can't see me going past the 20 minutes somehow! I am going to do everything I can to make it easier though. 1) Do the run really early Saturday morning to avoid the heat of day. 2) Work my route so that I do a load of down hill and flat stuff. The fact I am getting 20 minutes consecutive running in will be a stunning achievement in itself! I hurt my calf muscle a couple of weeks back, but was gentle with it, and now it seems to be fine again.

I was also going to pop into a running shop near work tomorrow/Friday. I want a little holder for my phone (plus somewhere to put the front door key!). Once I get to 30 minutes, I am also going to invest in some new trainers. You can see my socks through these ones, although the soles are fine and they are good running shoes.

I was also going to pop into a running shop near work tomorrow/Friday. I want a little holder for my phone (plus somewhere to put the front door key!). Once I get to 30 minutes, I am also going to invest in some new trainers. You can see my socks through these ones, although the soles are fine and they are good running shoes.

I've found the most useful way to carry those bits and pieces is to buy a pair of shorts/tracksuit bottoms with zips in the pockets - there's a Sports Direct where I live, I spent an age going through all the shorts and tracksuits just checking the pockets for ones with zips! They are dead cheap in there as well, you might struggle a bit more if there isnt a similar shop near you.

I also have a bum bag that I bought from poundland, although since I have the shorts I havent used it yet.

I tie my key through the laces on my trainers and double knot them when I go for a run and have some capri running trousers that have a zip pocket at the back for my phone, I do have a runners belt but I don't really use it as it tends to bounce too much when I run unless I have it really tight around my waist and then it makes me feel sick!

mandy296 said:
I've found the most useful way to carry those bits and pieces is to buy a pair of shorts/tracksuit bottoms with zips in the pockets - there's a Sports Direct where I live, I spent an age going through all the shorts and tracksuits just checking the pockets for ones with zips! They are dead cheap in there as well, you might struggle a bit more if there isnt a similar shop near you.

I also have a bum bag that I bought from poundland, although since I have the shorts I havent used it yet.

I think there might be one in one of the nearby towns. Though I've got so much bulk at the moment that fitted shorts etc will be really uncomfortable. :-( I'm currently in lycra type knee length bottoms, no pockets! I'll go have a look though and see if I can find something. If not for now, in another stone or so. :)

Rachelina said:
I tie my key through the laces on my trainers and double knot them when I go for a run and have some capri running trousers that have a zip pocket at the back for my phone, I do have a runners belt but I don't really use it as it tends to bounce too much when I run unless I have it really tight around my waist and then it makes me feel sick!

Oh I like that laces idea, I'll try that on Saturday. I'll look up capri trousers too.

Either way, think I need to free up my hands so I can carry a bottle of water. Think I'll def need it for this 20 min run on Saturday.

Thanks for your tips girls, I shall follow those up!

Happy running! :D

*edit* just looked up capri trousers lol They are a style of trouser. How out of touch am I? Lol lol

Just updating, I think this was the latest list!

Woodland girl. 100 miles, 68 to go!

I might give you a chance to catch up a little, I'm not running today and then I'm off again this weekend - this time on a canal boating holiday.

Unlike my camping trip last weekend, this time its with some other friends, all of whom are mums and used to getting up early, so unlikely I will fit in a run before everyone gets up. Although, on a canal boating holiday, I could go for a run for 15-20 mins along the towpath and back - at the speeds the boats go I could run on ahead and back and meet up with them again!

Just to keep some fitness going though, I'm going to cycle from home to the boatyard to pick up the boat. I live in Bristol and the holiday starts in Bradford on Avon - thats about 30 miles along the Bristol-Bath railway path then the canal towpath from Bath to Bradford (plus about 5 miles to get to the railway path from my house in the first place)

Just updating, I think this was the latest list!

:cry: you didn't add me
x

:cry: you didn't add me
x

You just add yourself and update your own entry every time you do a run. So when you start a message, copy and paste the most recent list, add yourself and update the data.

And if you ran 1.7 miles, you count that as 1.7!

I'll start you off anyway as I've just realised I still havent updated me since my runs at the weekend - but the next time, just copy and paste the latest list and update your entry

mandy296. 100 miles, 29.8 to go...
KazzW: 100 miles, 98.3 to go

Thank you - I thought someone was playing teacher. Now I know.

Sorry x

Hello - Just wanted to update you all I havent disapeared.

I have had a very painful kidney infection for 2 weeks now and not been able to run! Hopefully should be able to this week or the following.

Really want to get back out there!

Hello everyone - I'm back again - albeit briefly! I tried to run again yesterday but the calf muscle still didn't like it so it'll be at least another week - sooo frustrating!

At least I got another mile and a half out of it....

mandy296. 100 miles, 29.8 to go...
Sunshine Runner: 100 miles, 64 to go
KazzW: 100 miles, 98.3 to go

Oh, and regarding something to carry your stuff in when you're running - I have an "amphipod"! It's a little sweatproof neoprene pocket that clips to whatever kind of running bottoms you wear and doesn't move at all. You can put ipod, keys, energy gel etc. in it - I got it because I don't like an armband for my ipod. It's American and as far as I know you can't get it here - I got one on eBay from the US and it cost £13 delivered and took about 2 weeks so not tooo bad and I'm really glad I got it as it does the job perfectly.

xx

Back