I think Clothes are being Made Bigger Nowadays.

I have lost 60lbs. I think the maintenance bit is going to be an ongoing battle for life. When life gets tough I revert to food as my way of coping. Things have been very tough in recent weeks but amazingly I haven't put weight on. How I don't know because I have been making poor choices.

As for the hi-vis....lets just say you will see us coming :D

well done for keeping it off during a hard period. that has to be a more valuable lesson than doing it when things are going well.

Re the high Vis---don't reckon you can be too high vis. Round us there are plenty of riders & few bridle paths.
I'm sure most drivers are v courteous btu just occasionally I see someone not slow,fail to give a wide enough berth or accelerate aggressively as they get past. Makes me want to spit.
Who had the roads for centuries before the car?

Just read the article, thanks for the quote. It seems I was right. It's called 'vanity sizing' con you into believing your less fat than you really are & bingo you buy more clothes there.

I dont seem to find any consistency with clothes sizes at all.

I have spent time this weekend sorting my wardrobe to get rid of the items that are now too big. I have stuff from M&S in 20's that I cant get into yet, and yet also stuff from M&S where the 18's are a bit loose. I think the per una range does come up a little bit bigger as I have been wearing their size 18 jeans for a few weeks now, but a pair of size 20 jeans from M&S that I dug out (probably 5 years old) still have the tags on and I cant do them up.

Doesnt make any sense to me.

I'll go along with that. In my previous (aka "fat") life, I had a size 14 skirt from Richard Shops that I used for motivation and regularly tried it on. One Christmas at home in England, knowing that my size 14 skirt didn't fit, I was astonished to find that I could buy size 12s in England. I totally skipped size 14 as I had wrongly gauged my size.

I am still a size 12 but my measurements would no way have let me wear such a size a few years ago.

P.S. *that* size 14 skirt has a 28" waist! Something I still don't have!

All sizes are just really dodgy. I think the small sizes have got smaller, though. My mum has a size 6 evening dress from 10 years ago that is about the size of a size 8 dress today, and I can squeeze into despite being a 12. Bless her, she can't find trousers anymore, though.. so thinking about it that can't be right either. Has to wear kids sizes.

That was pretty well my conclusion too, Dancing.
I've got 2prs M&S trews s14 from mid 1980's -no way would they do up at a time when my 2007 M&S s12 were loose enough for me to consider buying the size 10. The shape has altered too- waist size seems to have increased proprtionately more than hips IMHO.
What do you think?

ahhhhhhhhhhh but ure not a size 12 till you can get a pair of size 12 jane norman jeans on........thats my rule anyway.....

Jane Who?
Probably Showing my age, my lack of cool & my provinciality here but...

Jane Who?
Probably Showing my age, my lack of cool & my provinciality here but...

I'm showing the same then Jane :rolleyes::confused::D

Here I'm back same weight as before and started w.w this time hope I do as well as before I feel so fat and unhealthy I need to do something cos I'm going to a wedding in May 2015 and all the beautiful people are so thin and I don't want to be the whale in the corner

Back