Cruise PP I Think I've Been Doing This Wrong

Meep

I've had a few weeks where everything has gone to hell in a hand cart and today I'm getting myself in gear.
I added a new app to my iPad to help me keep a tab on protein/cals/fat etc and have programmed in what my plan is for today. I thought I was organised but it's come out with the following values for the full day's consumption.

Cals - 513
Fat - 24g
Carbs - 36g
Protein - 40g

The fat cals seem to be coming from the eggs.
The carbs are 14g for my yogurt and 7g for the oatbran (some carbs have been allocated to veg).

I should maybe do this is in daily menus but what I'm having today is

Breakfast - 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled with 5 cherry tomatoes

Lunch - LF yogurt with mango flavouring, 2 tbsp oatbran and a sachet of sweet and low.

Dinner - Omelette with 2 eggs, 1 egg white, 5 cherry tomatoes and 2 spring onions, also a dash of extra light Philly.

I'll also have a few black coffees and plenty of water and maybe a diet pepsi.

Where am I going wrong? I know I could have more lean meat but I'm on a tight budget this month and needing to ration it.

Any advice would be great - thanks!

I am no expert, but I think you are eating very little, too many eggs and not enough protein...

I never calculated the amount of carbs or cals or anything, I just have what is allowed and ignore the rest.

I don't know what to say when you say your budget is tight, hunt for the discounts maybe? Buy frozen whole chicken? cheapest kind of fish? You should be having protein and it looks like the only one you are having is the eggs.

By the way, you are not allowed to have more than one egg yolk a day with the latest revision in the diet, I still have 2 but never more..

not much help, am I:(

If your budget won't stretch to meat, how about frozen fish, seafood, tinned tuna, etc. Try and get your egg consumption down a bit. You can have some soya too (tolerated though so don't overdo it).

Your lunch was nearly protein-free and veg sadly lacking too - green veg is great (low carb and good for transit and vitamins, I find).

You will need to eat between 1 and 1.5 gr of protein per kilo of weight daily for this diet to work. You can't overeat protein so don't worry about going over:).

The drinks are good though - aim for about 2 litres per day.

Are you vegetarian? there are special rules/exceptions for veggies, which include quorn, tofu, tempei, and soya protein, which you should certainly be adding to the diet.

And you are definately not eating enough - on a PV day you should be eating much more veg than 10 cherry tomatoes and 2 spring onions!

I think you are overthinking it, you dont have to worry about what fat/protein/carbs your eating, just eat as much of the food thats allowed as you need.

Back