I want a success tattoo!

Thank you! It's a lot of whining about stuff but - it gets me through the bad times and gives me somewhere to express the good times. I've just noticed your diary, which I'm also going to have read through :)

This is mine, excuse the chipped nails.
2uequiw.jpg

It's tiny, and it's simple.

That sort of area is quite discreet basically. :party0049:

Last edited:
Excuse my picture for being so damn huge. Will edit that in a second.

That's what I want some stars on my wrist!! :D

Thanks Ana, they look good - do yours symbolise anything? Did you choose 2 for any particular reason? Did it hurt getting them done there?

Kelly - How many stars would you have? And I've just noticed, you're so near goal - well done! How long did it take to lose that much weight?

For a few years I was toying with the idea of having just the one - just because I wanted it - and it had no meaning. Then my nephew was born a few months ago and it occurred to me that two would look much nicer, and that I could link it to my niece and nephew. :)

It didn't really hurt, but I guess it depends on your pain threshold. It bled a little, but it was fine otherwise.

Im hoping to get myself a large pheonix tattoo when iv reached my goal. Its my gift to me! I already have 5 all symbolising events in my life. My most recent one is a latin transcipt on my shoulder blade which reads "The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before" This is also my fave as it reminds me of all the pain i went through when i was self harming and depressed.

n644073853_2257047_7507215.jpg

If you want to go with someting on your wrist, to may sruggle with something detailed so symbols might be a great choice. Something which springs to mind is an Hour glass. Shape and time ??...

i am like some of the others a bit obsessed with tattoos i have a few lol on my wrist i have the words 'nothing else matters' which are lyrics from a metallica song which has an important meaning to me and it helps me through hard times.

i am planning to have a cupcake tattoo that had a cherry on top the cherry has a skull in it when i hit my goal to represent my battle with food.

I love the butterfly as a symbols of your change the diet was your Chrysalis and reaching your goal you turn into a butterfly.

The Phoenix - the legendary mythological bird of fire, is probably the most popular of all the rebirth and resurrection symbols.
again would be a good symbol of what you have been through.

Miss Lush - I like your tattoo, it's great! You sound like you've been through a lot. It's nice to have something to mark the change when you move on. And to help you move on. That's what I wanted.

Kerryberry - thank you for the feedback. I love the idea of a cupcake tattoo. Would make me hungry looking at it though. I almost like the idea of just having a cherry. A single circular cherry that doesn't mean anything to anyone but me.

So many decisions to make, and a new one to add to my shortlist. Thank you!

Ooh, I've been thinking about getting a cherry tattoo at some point (have others planned first lol), love them! Seen some great cherry ones!

This is the butterfly design I'm hoping to get after my Race for Life (wouldn't need an excuse of a sore scabby back to not do any training before then!! lol). x

Possible%20Tattoo.jpg

i have Cherries on my wrist
259lnc7.jpg

it symbolizes my naughty, cheeky, flirty side

When i reach my goal i'm getting a half sleeve with a geisha and the kanji for patience and beauty, some cherry blossoms and some other random artwork. i'd really wanna apply for miami ink dunno how successful i'd be :)

Do tattoos hurt? from the people who have had quite a few? A few of my friends have them and I have mixed opinions.

Also, I don't know why I am asking but I like these tattoos:
http://www.gii.in/tattoo/designs/wings-tattoo-designs/Wings-tattoo-designs-7.jpg
Not like that exactly but I can't find a good example.

Does anyone else have or like wing tattoos? :)

i have full size wings on my back you can see them in my pics
and yes they did hurt they were my painfull tattoo but in general tattoo's are bearable pain in my opinion

Last edited:
Do tattoos hurt? from the people who have had quite a few? A few of my friends have them and I have mixed opinions.

Also, I don't know why I am asking but I like these tattoos:
http://www.gii.in/tattoo/designs/wings-tattoo-designs/Wings-tattoo-designs-7.jpg
Not like that exactly but I can't find a good example.

Does anyone else have or like wing tattoos? :)

I don't have any wings, but yes they are nice. I have other plans for my back, but if I ever get it done is another matter, as want a full back piece so will cost a fortune lol!

None of my tattoos have hurt that much, like Kerry said it's bearable. I actually quite like the feeling, and love the noise of a tattoo gun and the smell. The whole experience is very relaxing to me. But different areas of the bopdy will hurt more than others, generally the closer to bone the more it hurts. Also sometimes if it is right on your nerve endings it can be very annoying, not painful but it can make you twitch lol! I think the worst thing is sitting still for so long, you can end up really aching! Comfiest one I had was on my thigh as got to lie down and could've quite easily fallen asleep!!

comfiest for me was back of the neck it was lovely
lower back was horrible i had to use numbing cream in the end to get it finished

Hi, I have 4 tattoo's and I think my worst 1 was my wrist, but like Stirky7 said it depends on the nerves and also ur own pain threshold, I coped well with my tats but needed epidurals for all 3 of my kids lol. I have a phoenix on my thigh and butterflies with blossom on the top of my neck, my daughters initials and heart/ tribal on my lower back and a flower on my wrist which was a cover up but sometimes wish I hadn't bothered as not so happy with that one. I will try and upload them, so take a look if u wish. I want Family First in really nice script on my other wrist and really fancy something girly tribalish on my foot but we'll just have to wait and see, single mum to 3 girls, work and doing a degree are enough right now lol.

Back