I want to eat

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
All day I've had a really bad craving to just eat something. Not a bar or some meal that's 99% water but something I can really get my teeth into. It's sending me so close to breaking point. I know I could go to the shop and get some chicken but seeing all the food would just be the end of me.
It's making me really miserable.
:cry:

Don't cave in now hun. Please don't...you've had such a brilliant start.

How about making a "cookie" with your porridge pack to give you something to chew while you sip some tea/coffee?

How would I make a cookie?

Mix a porridge pack with just enough water (about 2 tablespoons) to make a dough-like consistency.

Sprinkle cinnamon onto a side-plate and flatten your dough onto it.

You can sprinkle some more cinnamon on top if you like.

Pop into the microwave for about a minute(depending on its power). It shouldn't come out hard otherwise you've overdone it.

Then pop into the fridge to allow it to harden. I usually go for about 5-10 mins(depending on how hungry I am)

Ooooh I'm going to try that. If that fails then I may just go to the shop and get some quorn or actual sausages as been looking at some of the minimal carbs list and they're on it. So may end up eating a sausage.

Noooooooooooo they still haven't fixed the microwave :(

Question.
I've found some meatball and tomato soup in my cupboard that I think may help my craving. For half a tin it has 169kcal, 16.6g carbs (of which 15.6g sugars) and 7.6g fat. Do you think that would send me out of ketosis?

All I can say is - food, don't do it! It's the slippery slope. Anyway I thought that sausages contained all sorts of rubbish? If you do have something make it plain grilled chicken or white fish - nothing processed.

It's to stop me breaking totally! I don't have any chicken in and don't eat fish. I don't want to go to the shop if I can avoid it as I'll probably look at the food and that will be it!

Have an extra pack instead!

Since you're online, how about diverting yourself posting on here, looking up anything that interests you (e.g. clothes), look up successful weightloss stories while gugging awy at water till you're too full to fit in anything to eat.

Also, I allow myself a poached egg when I'm hungry :)

I don't like egg either. I really am a very fussy eater.

AAW8 have a snacklist that you're allowed and won't take you out of ketosis. Here's some ideas:

* Nuts
*Seeds
*Quorn
*Egg
*Apricot/Plum/Plum

Let me know if any of these interest you and I can tell you how much is allowed for someone on a vlcd. (Just don't wanna type eveyrthing up - it's far too much -:D)

I caved and had a little bit of the chunky soup :( Checked the carbs against S&S food though and it was a similar amount. However, it has now totally satisfied my craving :)

Ok hun. I'm off to bed now as I've battled with a cold for the last couple of days. Good luck xxx

Hope you're better soon Maka!

Glad you have satisfied your cravings Cherry-Blossom. If you like cold meat, it may be worth keeping some in the fridge and eating just one slice to keep you going. That should keep you in ketosis but not a practice to adopt on a regular basis!

I'm thinking (as quorn doesn't seem to be too bad) of getting a pack of quorn sausages to put in the freezer and then if I ever get a strong desire to chew on something or eat 'real' food I can cook myself one. I don't really want to get anything perishable.

Not sure if you're doing 3 or 4 packs? On the three packs it suggests you have some chicken and selected veg maybe this would suit you and you won't come out of ketosis :)

I'm doing 3. Might look into adding the occasional chicken and veg in in a few weeks.

Back