I want to give up :'(

Don't feel horrible, just move on! :)
Onwards and upwards. :D

No Steve...onwards & DOWNWARDS ;)
Glad you've had a rethink. It will show soon.

Racheal...keep positive & don't beat yourself up mate. I remember I tried some french bread & crisps after a couple of weeks & I felt drugged. Never again!! x

i feel like I could sleep for a year!!

First thing i notice is that your only getting 1k - 1.5k kcal a day. Atkins book recommends at least 1.5k a day but no more than 1.8k. I suggest eating a bit more.
Atkins books also recommends eating 3 meals a day and that any shakes should only be a snack, not a meal replacement.
Atkins also wants you to eat as near to 20g of carbs a day, getting 12-15g from veggies alone. If you're having two protien shakes a day i'd estimate that 6nc (i'm being generous), that means your only getting 6g of carbs from "normal" food probably less from vege's.

I would suggest going back to basics on induction and follow the plan as the book suggests. I know other ppl take short cuts and do little cheats but if they keep losing then great! If you stop losing like you i'd would go back to doing it as the book suggests.

Hope this helps and i hope you get things moving soon.

O BIG BTW, is it that specail time of the month??? I put on 3-5lbs during this period (excuse the pun), its notirois for water gain. You'll lose the water again once things have calmed down:)

lol didnt see there was a second page! NVM my post still stands:p

Get back on track Jools:)

funny you say that, I am sitting here reading the book and looking at my food diary for the first two weeks where I was losing at a good rate!

today is today and tomorrow I will begin a clean induction

thank you for all the advice xxx

good luck hope it works x

Jumping in too - i'm so disheartened i've been eating exactly as i have all along and i've not lost anything in two weeks waaaaaaaaaah . Cant think of any reason why either , will go out tomorro and buy some ketostix just to make sure i havent comeout of keto though. I am struggling really , literally only got my leg outta plaster and i fell over last week and broke my arm so now i've a cast on that instead , that certainly isnt helping the mood any :cry:

Jumping in too - i'm so disheartened i've been eating exactly as i have all along and i've not lost anything in two weeks waaaaaaaaaah . Cant think of any reason why either , will go out tomorro and buy some ketostix just to make sure i havent comeout of keto though. I am struggling really , literally only got my leg outta plaster and i fell over last week and broke my arm so now i've a cast on that instead , that certainly isnt helping the mood any :cry:

How unlucky can you be? Hope things improve in all ways for you xx

Back