Total Solution I will do this!!

Never tried celeriac before.... What's it like?

Celeriac is lovely..grated on meat like shepherds pie..or mashed like potatoe..season well yumm

Haha Alex is so cute! How big it the mural on the wall? Well I'm assuming the phallic plant rice and pasta taste pretty much the same they're just cut into different shapes lol. That stir fry sounds amazing (minus the chicken!) I've never had celeriac but it smells nice lol. You could always mash up cauliflower as well! Are you just looking for a side dish that is low carb? I'm dying to know what the phallic plant pasta tastes like! lol x

is celeriac celery or what is it?? lol

that painting is brilliant!!

i am DROOLING at the sound of some of your dinners - bar the slim rice and the noodles - ive got some slim rice to try and im worried its gonna be the same as the 0 noodles lol

celeriac is a root vegetable, kind of like a turnip, you can mash it or grate it. I'm not sure it's considered low carb though, 100g of cooked celeriac has about 9g of carbs (more if it's raw).

The painting is pretty big Laura! Mickey is toddler size lol. Omg tonights dinner was delicious and filling and I feel soooo satisfied :D the zero noodles were fantastic! Yeah they were pretty much the same as the slim rice but thinner and long and they were very similar to noodles in the stir fry! I had a lot of flavour going on so it was great to bulk it out! In fact I even had noodles and sauce left over in the pan, so I have it covered in the fridge for lunch tomorrow :)

Sorry Chelly! The slim rice is gross. It's a thicker version of zero noodles and more chewy and rubbery. No similarities to rice whatsoever. Doesn't even look the same! Yuck!

Tomorrow's dinner.... Hmmm steak, cauliflower mash, mixed salad and lighter than light mayo!

Going out Friday with the other half as its pay day and we decided to go out once a month for a meal haha. So I'll be having chicken or steak or something with a side salad. No chips, no potatoes, no sauce etc...

Also, been having just 1 Exante shake in the morning, 1/3 of a bar as a daytime snack, my cooked meal in the evening, and 2 low carb coconut macaroons I made with a coffee in the evening.

Also a coffee in the morning and a Dr pepper zero at lunch time.

Here's my recipe for the macaroons:

2 large egg whites
4 tsp granulated splenda
4 tsp ready break (don't laugh it works! Lol)
1 grated zest of a satsuma or half an orange
100g unsweetened dessicated coconut
Half tsp baking soda
1tbsp skimmed milk

Whisk eggs and sugar till frothy then add everything else and mix well
Make 10-12 thin macaroons on a baking parchment and put into preheated oven at 160 degrees for 15 minutes.

I also was a little cheeky and melted a few squares of dark chocolate mixed with a little skimmed milk and drizzled zig zags over the cookies.

Just having 2 in the evenings as substitutes for biscuits and it's a real treat!
Weighed myself this morning and I'm 1.5lbs down from Monday :)

Monday will be back to 100% ts for 3 weeks.

Really enjoying food week :) x

You're clearly enjoying your food week! I'm having mine too but am going to extend it for a further 4 days until Thursday next week as I'm going to London on Tuesday for 2 days. I've been sticking to exante 3 meals a day but also having a low carb meal. Tonight I'm going to have the cheesy nut chicken with broccoli off the exante site which I'm really looking forward to! I've also done long walks this week to use up the extra calories I've eaten. (Have been able to do this because I've taken 3 weeks leave from work). So far so good in that I've lost 3lbsince sunday which is actually more than I lost doing 100% TS in weeks 2 and 3. The real test is of course wht I weigh when I come back from London! Although I have booked us into a hotel with a gym!

Lol here's a few piccys for ya :)

Macaroons:

Monday's dinner was a fail with the slim rice so no pic haha
Tuesday steak and parsnip chips:

Wednesday chicken and veg chinese stir fry with zero noodles:

Thursday steak and cauliflower mash with salad and a spicy low fat mayo sauce:

Yumyumyum :D I'm stuffed! X

Next food week, I'll work on portion control haha :p

Put on half a lb from Wednesday so for the week I'm -1lb. Not bad I think. Certainly not gonna lose more now, going out for a meal tonight... I'll only drink water and I'll find the lowest cal/carb meal on the men... Ate an egg salad this morning for around 250cals 2 carbs plus a coffee and macaroon... Lunch I'll be having 2 ww sausages for 160 cals/6carbs then tonight who knows..... Any ideas? Usually we'd go for a curry or Chinese but rice and noodles are a big no no!
Tomorrow is seafood stirfry then Sunday I'll be ending my food week with my favourite.... minted lamb shank! With parsnip chips and broccoli!
Monday back on Exante ts! For a week then 2 weeks testing another vlcd with less carbs.

The painting is that big! Whoa! That's awesome! Does it make his room less scary now? My mom tried the ww sausages the other day and she didn't like them lol. I have no idea I just eat the veggie ones lol. My mind has gone completely blank about different restaurants to go to! Lol. Also I want some broccoli now! x

Weigh day!

Okay the past few days I was expecting to be up a couple lbs because Friday o went out for a meal at a steakhouse and didn't realise what I was letting myself in for haha! Gotta be honest and the diet went out the window! Then sat and sun I was pretty sensible and the results today were....

Still the same!

Gotta admit, I'm pretty relieved! Thank you food week! I had fun, but I'm glad it's over and now I can get back to losing weight again :)

Good luck everyone! X

Sooo havnt posted in a few days because I've been so appauled by some things I heard about recently it's put me off coming on the forums. Anyway today was the last day of my Exante journey because I'm starting another vlcd tomorrow which is very similar, but it's got a lot more variety and it's 4 packs a day rather than 3. It's also averaging 480-550 cals a day and roughly 30-35 carbs. Take that exante!
I have 2 weeks worth to test it out. It's also slightly cheaper than Exante too!

Of course if it tastes like crap then I'll be switching back again. I'm hoping the new diet will keep ne in ketosis as I couldbt achieve it with Exante and have been so hungry I've wanted to eat my own limbs ever day! (proud to say I still have all of my fingers too!) Haha
Think it's making me a little crazy too!

Anyway weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed I did 4lbs this week!! That will make me happyyyyyy x

Good luck with your new diet. I aagree with you about some of the things that have been happening on the forum.

Omg! I'm so happy! I lost 5 lbs :D can't believe it haha

Thanks for the replies ladies, thought most people left! Would be understandable after what's been going on behind closed doors...

Anyway I'm still staying in the Exante section (if i'm even allowed to lol :whip:) I started my diary here so want to keep it to one thread.

Omg 5lbs I'm so chuffed! Screw food week lol. I decided I won't be having food week any more. Instead, I'll be going out once a month to have a meal with the other half, and I'm not gonna worry about anything I eat on that evening!

Have a great week guys x

Day 1 of Billys Diet:

Oh dear oh dear what have I got myself into haha

Right let's start with breakfast. Maple brown sugar porridge mmm sounds delicious! And the flavour was! But the texture was like someone poured in some cheap grainy powdered mash into it. I'm sure I'll get used to it is all the porridges are like that. Exante 1 billy 0.

Lunch I had a strawberry shake. It tasted more like real strawberries than Exante and there were little bits in it like the flesh and seeds of a strawberry. Was more like a smoothie. Way too much sweetener though.... So disspointed because I ordered more strawberry shakes than the rest and I wasn't too keen on it. Exante 2 billy 0.

Dinner was cottage pie. I was actually afraid to eat it. Mixed boilling water with the powder and microwaved like it said and it came out looking like baby food. Or mashed up cottage pie..... Kinda. I was surprised tht it actually tasted great though but could have had 3 more haha. So portion was small but I was satisfied. Much rather have that every night than yucky soups and salty spaghetti "pasta". Exante 2 billy 1!

Snack bar (raspberry crunch)... Opened the packet and it was fairly small, and very pretty and pink!.... Why the need for the colouring to make it pink I don't know. Anyway it smelled great and the first bits was good until I started chewing. This really strange bitter taste overtook all the flavour and it was like chewing on cardboard. I miss the toffee and raisin bars :(. Exante 3 billy 1.

Come on billy.... You need to impress me tomorrow! Cinnamon apple porridge, banana "shake", vegetable chilli, lemon pie crisp bar.

Fingers crossed!

It will be interesting to see what your weight loss is like on Billy's Diet.

Well done for the 5lb loss

Thanks shrimp!

I should hopefully have a decent loss on billys (thats if I don't cheat!)

Gotta say, I'm absolutely starving atm though!
Todays calorie/carb count.... 508 cals 33.1 carbs.

Going to get some chicken tomorrow to keep in the fridge for nibbles when I'm feeling like this I think. Head is spinning, got a headache, and I have that sicky/crampy feeling in my gut that you get when you're really hungry.

Fun! Lol. Just had a cup of bouillon to try and make me feel a bit better. It sort of helped a little. Even though this is 4 portions a day, they are a lot smaller than Exante. I think this will be more difficult lol.

Last edited:
Back