I_dream_slims diary!!!

I_dream_slim

Silver Member
So I started slim and save today...going well so far but then only a few hours in...surprised how easy I've found it so far...although need to plan in a few more toilet breaks than working in a school normally allows me!!

I'm having all different packs as order the sample so ill review as I go for other newbies!

Breakfast: sweet porridge. The first few mouthfuls of this showed me! Used to decadent grub I think...how I got here...but by the end there was something comforting about it...then I remembered I pretty much lived on LL porridge towards the end of my time on that. Needed sweetener and I may try cinnamon if that's allowed? Decent portion.
I also had two glasses o water...1 to try out the water flavouring...it was good.
Lunch: 100g chicken with 150g salad-lettuce, rocket, cucumber, spring onion, mushroom. I actually couldn't eat all of this...will do something similar for the days I don't have lunch duty at school but will replace some of the chicken/fish allowance with the appropriate amount o cottage cheese...need some kind of dressing so this will do.

I also had Hal a milk choc truffa...this was ok. Quite filling. NOT as tasty as I thought...then I remembered I'm on a vlcd...dunno what I was expecting lol..better than the LL bars from what I remember

Lots of water and black coffee today. Loo has been my best buddy!

Dinner is, I think, spicy spaghetti-really hope I like it as the 'dinners' were what appealed to me about s&a over other vlcd.

Will post later how I find it! X

And the verdict on spicy spaghetti is.....

Actually quite nice!

Def spicy enough for me...Tastes a bit like a meat free quorn bolognese I used to buy from asda when I was a veggie.

Had with a few rocket leaves as didn't eat anywhere near the amount for lunch.

Think ill have to go for some more substantial veg in future!

Have half a bar to go and just enjoying a coke zero...brilliant!

Hey :)

Well done!!! The first day is always the biggest hurdle!! Good luck for the rest of the week!! By the way, how did you find out that you can drink coke zero and have cottage cheese? I have just been following the list they sent me in the pack, and it doesn't mention anything about that. x

Thankfully-yes, from on here!

Having that today for lunch and plan to have a coke zero can per day-as I've heard too much may not be good but depends on the person ?

Breakfast - raspberry shake ... really liked this. Kept it thick and found it mixed up well just popping in the shaker. Mid morning snack was half a bar - black coffee, water. Lunch was 100g in total of chicken breast and cottage cheese with lettuce, cucumber and green pepper. Dinner...think im gonna go cottage pie. quite scared as mixed reviews but i'll give it a go!! then will have a coke zero and later half a bar with a coffee! :)

Verdict on the cottage pie...ummm, interesting...it was more like cottage pie soup as I tried it with recommended water and the lumps in it were still hard...so added a bit more water and cooked for longer...was like diluted instant mash with bits of mince in...quite nice in a very weird way. Note sure ill rush to have it again to be honest. Added tobasco and black pepper and eat it all. I suppose if I don't like many others it would be a passable hot meal. Coke zero nearly gone..looking forward to a coffee and other half of my museli bar... :)

Had a bit of a shaky eve yest...dreaming of carbs and very tempted. Had headaches and dizziness. Feel much better this morning and on day 3 I'm down 6 lbs :O

Breakfast: banana shake
Mid morning break: black coffee 1/2 bar
Lunch: 1/2 of bar
(Trying to keep a bit more for later)

Will try a soup when I get in from work if I can stomach it and then a meal...possibly one of which will be curry!

Gonna try and keep the water up today...aiming for at least 1.5 l during work...this should bring me to my total when I add in coffees, and drinks at home!

Anybody have any tips for making packs into other things? When I did lighterlife I lived on making my choc/banana pks into 'cakey things' in a mug in the microwave...possibly known as muffins lol-any ideas? X

Breakfast: Banana shake, Lunch: Bar, Snack: Chicken curry noodle soup, Dinner: Spag bol....I LOVED THE SPAG BOL!!!!! ;)

Hiya - well done so far! First week is by far the hardest, after that, the bitter disappointment of having smaller meals subsides.
It's a shame you can't try the macaroni cheese - it's really quite good.

Just a few additions that will make this diet a little easier (differences to LL anyway...):

You can have: 500-600ml per day of fizzy drink (cola etc) - ones WITHOUT citric acid in. (Coke Zero for example - there's a list on this forum somewhere and a list on the S&S webpage under Q&A's)

Try some zero noodles - they're a godsend. Try the 'Eat Water' spaghetti ones first - fry them slighty before using, they'll be softer and much more paletable. Most people go off zero noodle products partly because they cook them wrong or expect them to be like real pasta! I'd stick to about 100g per day. :) It's good for fibre content to get things moving.

A few sticks of sugar-free gum per day. Don't overdo it as each pellet of gum is about 5 calories (for example this Extra sugar free I have).

Good luck! Stay strong! When in doubt, brush your teeth! :D

x

Hey :)

Well done!!! The first day is always the biggest hurdle!! Good luck for the rest of the week!! By the way, how did you find out that you can drink coke zero and have cottage cheese? I have just been following the list they sent me in the pack, and it doesn't mention anything about that. x

Have a look on the other vlcd section like Cambridge and exante as they often have good lists.

And well done I dream. You got past the evil carb hurdle which is great. As for making them into other stuff used to make the chocolate one into a cookie (add enough water to dissolve all the powder and microwave for I think it was 10s). That was one of my favourites. I know people on here also do things like make them into ice cream type things, hot chocolate, hot lattes and various other bits a pieces. Another used to do was add my milk allowance to a shake once a day for a bit of something different and because I don't drink much tea etc. to use it on.

Hiya - well done so far! First week is by far the hardest, after that, the bitter disappointment of having smaller meals subsides.
It's a shame you can't try the macaroni cheese - it's really quite good.

Just a few additions that will make this diet a little easier (differences to LL anyway...):

You can have: 500-600ml per day of fizzy drink (cola etc) - ones WITHOUT citric acid in. (Coke Zero for example - there's a list on this forum somewhere and a list on the S&S webpage under Q&A's)

Try some zero noodles - they're a godsend. Try the 'Eat Water' spaghetti ones first - fry them slighty before using, they'll be softer and much more paletable. Most people go off zero noodle products partly because they cook them wrong or expect them to be like real pasta! I'd stick to about 100g per day. :) It's good for fibre content to get things moving.

A few sticks of sugar-free gum per day. Don't overdo it as each pellet of gum is about 5 calories (for example this Extra sugar free I have).

Good luck! Stay strong! When in doubt, brush your teeth! :D

x

Thanks Minerva...I have been having 1 can of coke zero...feels like a right treat! Will order some zero noodles!!! Was super impressed with spag Bol I have to say...yup, annoyed about the mac and cheese too-ah well, ill wait!

And well done I dream. You got past the evil carb hurdle which is great. As for making them into other stuff used to make the chocolate one into a cookie (add enough water to dissolve all the powder and microwave for I think it was 10s). That was one of my favourites. I know people on here also do things like make them into ice cream type things, hot chocolate, hot lattes and various other bits a pieces. Another used to do was add my milk allowance to a shake once a day for a bit of something different and because I don't drink much tea etc. to use it on.

Thanks for this! Think ill try experimenting once the first weeks out the way-am trying to taste as many for real to decide what I like-I've been quite impressed so far I have to say-but may well have been picking safer choices out the box to be fair!

Yesterday consisted of:

Breakfast: crispy vanilla shake...I didn't mind this but found the rice crispy bits floating in a drink just a bit odd...probably wont be top of my re-order lust-but pleasant enough!

Lunch-lemon bar-this was nice...2nd fave to the milk truffa!

Afternoon snack-veg soup...this surprised me as I hated the LL soups-this was like a cuppa soup!

Dinner...chilli! This was nice and spicy...really liked it!

Very impressed with the main meals!!

Today:

Breakfast:caramel shake-this was yum!!!!!

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg and 50g chicken breast, mixed salad from the allowed list.

Dinner: haven't decided yet!!!!

Every day I'm having lots of water, black coffee with tablet sweetener, 1/2 to 1 can of coke zero, maybe a couple of sugar free guns, breath spray, s&s water flavouring!

On the scales this morning (because I couldn't resist) confirmed that 4 days in I've lost 9lbs!

I've got a lot to lose but that's a cracking tart and not the whole week yet!

Xx

All sounds good and a 9lb loss is great. Well done.

Dinner was the mushroom pasta-over a couple of mushrooms and some cauliflower-just a touch and some garlic-was surprisingly nice!

Chocolate shake before bed!

I'VE JUST RE-ORDERED!!!

Happy with this as taking things 1 day at a time but trying to commit to an initial 5 weeks as a starting point before a planned 4/5 day break.

Looking forward to weighing on Monday and to seeing what they next few weeks bring!

Really liking this diet!

Been out for the whole day and in less than a week I've reached that lovely point in a vlcd where you forget you havnt eaten all your packs as opposed to staring at the clock thinking of your next one!!!

Had the caffe latte shake for breakfast...errm, yum!! All the shakes are really thick and creamy-havnt had a bad one yet-was gutted raspberry was out of stock though when I re-ordered-think that ones lush!!

Lunch-dark choc bar-yum! And I don't even like dark choc!

Dinner curry, lettuce and cucumber! This was much better than I thought!!!

Late night snack-crispy vanilla made into a hot pud-nice!! Smelt and tasted a but like white choc!

Had my usual coke zero and water/black coffee throughout the day!

One more day before the official weigh in! Can't wait!

I actually dreamt of eating food last night. To the point where in my dream I was crying because I was being 'made' to eat stuff I didn't want to and knew I was wrecking what I'd done this week. Very intense and bizarre dream-woke up worried then remembered it wasn't real!

Having a relaxing morning so cuppa tea in bed then I think ill try the oatmeal!

Having a little roast chic and veg today for my meal so that's exciting.

Will have milk choc truffa and then either a soup or milkshake from the leftover samples I'm not looking forward to-but I WILL eat them!

I might make myself have the soup for lunch and get it out the way!!

Fun.

Aww - your dream sounds quite natural, I'm sure you remember having them on LL before. It's a bit alarming - especially when you've woken up thinking 'That's it, I've broken the diet!' ... Lol :p I don't think I've had those dreams yet, this time around - even in week 9! I think YouTube recipe and cooking videos keep that at bay somehow :p

Enjoy your day! The Oatmeal is quite good - though I add some sweetener to mine. :)

You're right Minerva...I'd forgotten the food dream horrors!

Oatmeal needed sweetener!

Chicken soup made me gag!

Roast chicken salad was lush.

Milk Truffa bar...yum!

That's my Sunday lol...wrk moor row-meh!

Back