i_dream_slim's dukan diary!!

I_dream_slim

Silver Member
Hello,

Having done a lot of research have opted for dukan diet-i already know that low carb suits me...i can eat bread till its coming out of my ears and it definately shows on my belly!!!

So heres my days menu!!

1st Day attack

B=3 slices roast beef rolled and dunked into 1 soft boiled egg - YUM!
Strong tea-dash of skimmed milk
1pint water

Snack=1 pint water
1 cup tea
1 muller light-vanilla

Lunch= Cubes of chicken breast that i cooked in oven in foil with lots of garlic and a tiny squeeze of lemon juice and cracked black pepper
fat free cottage cheese
1 pint water
1 black coffee with sweetener

Snack= Oatbran porridge made with skimmed milk
Diet coke

Dinner= Oven roasted salmon in foil
King prawns
Diet coke

Water + tea in the evening-extra prawns/cottage cheesey snacks if needed!!

So thats what im planning for day 1...don't know if ill need it all but at least i know its there!! xx

Good luck!

Thanks ladies....i have to say im pee'ing like theres no tomorrow and already have a bit of a cloudy head-carb withdrawal kicking in already but then i may have been overdoing it with the carbs the past couple of weeks knowing this was coming! Think i'll swap and have my porridge for brekkie tomorrow as quite peckish realy! Gonna push through for another half an hour-cracked the diet coke out and then ill have the porridge. Got an evening meeting at 5pm today so dinner will be a late one-hopefully porridge will see me through! I am freezing though-is this normal?

Most people tend to find their oatbran serves them better earlier on in the day as it swells inside you therefore making you feel fuller.

Not sure why you're so cold though - have you had anything warm today? Perhaps you're hungry? It's a big change for your body so the first few days might be a little tough. You just have to push through them knowing it'll get better soon, and make sure you're eating plenty.

I really feel the cold... but it's 22°C here today so no worries!

I felt much warmer after hot oatbran porridge!!! Just had hot salmon with king prawns and a BRILLIANT quark, plain yog, black pepper and dried dill mayo! The sauce was great i can see it becoming a staple for me. Oh and by the way...I LOVE QUARK...never had it before but i kinda love it! xxx

Reading your menu for today made me feel hungry! sounds lush!
I had a really cloudy head on my first day too and then a headache which didn´t clear until the morning. Day 3 I was really tired, but after that everything seemed to fall into place and feel brill now.
I too have been feeling cold!

Betty-glad its not just me with the cold...feel better having eaten a few things hot! xxx

Tomorrows menu-as i might not get the chance to post in the morning!

B= Oatbran porridge
Tea

S= Few king prawns-dill 'mayo' (dukan style)

L= 2 large chicken legs-no skin
Muller light toffee yog

D= 2 scrambled eggs and smoked salmon

S= Extra slices of roast beef and marinated chicken breast bits/ couple of slices of wafer thin low fat/low salt ham all available in the fridge should i get peckish...but hopefully i wont!!

LOTS of water and maybe some diet coke as well as more tea/coffee

Excellent menus IDS - and you're sounding really motivated which is great! Don't hesitate to eat more chicken/fish etc if you're hungry. At your weight, you could (should?) be eating more but don't force if you're not hungry!

BD - great to read also! I love the euphoria once in ketosis ;)

Nice menu, hope the cloudy head feels better today, I usually get mine on the second day!

look forward to hearing your losses x

Betty-glad its not just me with the cold...feel better having eaten a few things hot! xxx

Tomorrows menu-as i might not get the chance to post in the morning!

B= Oatbran porridge
Tea

S= Few king prawns-dill 'mayo' (dukan style)

L= 2 large chicken legs-no skin
Muller light toffee yog

D= 2 scrambled eggs and smoked salmon

S= Extra slices of roast beef and marinated chicken breast bits/ couple of slices of wafer thin low fat/low salt ham all available in the fridge should i get peckish...but hopefully i wont!!

LOTS of water and maybe some diet coke as well as more tea/coffee

Had to edit as quite a lot of differences due to change of work plan...again!!!

B = scrambled egg and smoked salmon

L= 3 Chicken legs + 2 crab sticks (1st time ive ever tried these...stil unsure...)

D=Home made burgers made with extra lean steak mince, oatbran allowance, salt and pepper. Served with cottage cheese. *These were lovely but a bit bland, so will experiement with flavours from now on=first go at making burgers EVER and pretty much a sucess!! BUT cant wait to have them with a nice salad!!!*

Lots of water and walking today. Half a glass of diet coke, teas and coffees. Quite a headache this evening but i know this is a good sign. Today i have been not hungry at all then suddenly ravenous!!! xxx

Try adding a little onion, garlic and chilli to your burger mix to add some flavour. A touch of tomato puree (no additives) can also deepen the flavour a little. Did you add any egg to bind, or quark/fromage frais at all? I find a little dairy in my formed mince recipes can help keep them moist.

Yeah they were moist-used as egg as served two! Lovely meaty burgers just a bit bland as they were low fat mince and i think a lot of the flavour in plain meat does come from fat...however i know that with a little jazzing up lean meat is lovely! he extra lean was on offer-2 for £6 on mince if anyones interested! xx

I always dry fry mine plain, but get the outsides nice and crispy, fry an egg at the end, and have it runny on top! Spoonful fromage blanc mixed with mustard as a sauce, and that's Tuesday's tea. (yeah, EVERY Tuesday!)

I did use the herbs/spices for kefta in a 5% fat mince meatloaf at the weekend, mind... "interesting"...

I'll repost the recipe now for kefta... and, as I said, I just used the herbs/spices for a PP meat loaf

day 3 attack.

Weighed myself this morning and 5lbs down.

B=Cinammon porridge-a triumph!! (finally the right consistency)
Couple of slices roast beef
Pint of water
2 cups of tea

L=Home made burger (small) left over from yesterday
Chicken legs x 2 (no skin)

S= Muller light yog 1/2 pint of diet coke

D=Smoked mackeral and cottage cheese

I always dry fry mine plain, but get the outsides nice and crispy, fry an egg at the end, and have it runny on top! Spoonful fromage blanc mixed with mustard as a sauce, and that's Tuesday's tea. (yeah, EVERY Tuesday!)

I did use the herbs/spices for kefta in a 5% fat mince meatloaf at the weekend, mind... "interesting"...

I'll repost the recipe now for kefta... and, as I said, I just used the herbs/spices for a PP meat loaf

Im gonna make the 'egg burger' for my mum next time we have dinner...she'll love that!! xx

Day 4 Attack

B= Smoked salmon and scrambled egg
Tea
Water

45 min round walk to post office (have walked everyday but forgot to write)

S=Chicken legs

L=Smoked mackeral and cottage cheese

D= Chicken curry

Lots of fluids and a rather long meeting this evening so...might dip into a dukan friendly vanille cheesecake i made this morning for post meeting blues, xx

Lots of fluids and a rather long meeting this evening so...might dip into a dukan friendly vanille cheesecake i made this morning for post meeting blues, xx

I know the feeling and that's exactly how I deal with it too! Excellent planning.

I'm about to make some of that yoghurt cake to lessen the impact of 4 days Easter break!

Back