Iaimtobethin DUKAN DIARIES

wow, your menus sound great! yes, the flavored yoghurts are dangerous but if you only use them on sparingly, i think they're ok. i usually buy plain and add sweetener and flavoring, but sometimes you need an 'off the shelf' option.

try the danone bifidus activia ones (plain or vanilla) - 3.3g fat and 9.8g carbs, so slightly less than the one you have. or even better, the yoplait no fat forme yoghurt - even though it has some fruit, it's only 5g carbs per 100g and 0.1g fat. doesn't seem to come in small tubs, though.

good luck for the rest of Attack - you seem to be doing great so far!

I'm definitely a bit confused about the yoghurts. Didn't think anything that contained sugar was allowed on Dukan in the early stages?

I stick with Onkan Natural Yoghurt. No flavour but, I just add my oatbran and wolf it down every morning.

Keeps me full (with two glasses of water) until my 12pm lunchtime.

But the Onken vanilla is sooooo nice - waaaah!
x

I remember buying the strawberry version (didn't open it as someone said you couldn't have it on here).

I gave it to my daughter who had pleasure in letting me know it was so 'yummy' -_- lol!

I'm definitely a bit confused about the yoghurts. Didn't think anything that contained sugar was allowed on Dukan in the early stages?

hey ms G. i don't blame you for being confused. yes, sugars are bad (enemy number 2, according to Dr. D? :)), but there is a form of sugar in most things - even plain skim milk contains lactose which i guess explains the carb content. this probably explains why dairy is not completely unrestricted - i think i've seen somewhere that the daily limit is 1kg? (which sounds like a lot!). definitely avoid anything with added sugars, though.

keep an eye on how your body reacts and then decide how strict you need to be. yoghurt really helps to satisfy my sweet cravings, but i restrict the flavored ones to a small tub every day or 2. never more than 1 a day. and if you find that you've stalled, that's one of the first things to cut. in any case, i find the plain yoghurts are much thicker and more filling than the off the shelf flavored ones.

DUKAN shopping arrival!.jpg
Shopping arrived!!

22.6.12 Weighed 15.6
23.6.12 Weigh 15.5.8

Saturday 23 July - DUKAN Attack day 4

Currently got a whole chicken in oven, mmmmm

Breakfast

Fish Quiche

Lunch
Turkey koftas
smoked salmon, scarmbled egg

Gregs Gingerbread Man :-((

Dinner
stiry fried beef strips, chicken, ONION, garlic and cajun spice

Snacks
Oat bran pancake, fromage frais, extra sweetener yum

Last edited:

Yoghurts? Page 64 of the book divides them into 3, natural, flavoured (coconut, vanilla and lemon) and fruit (with fruit bits). Natural and flavoured are allowed without any restriction whilst you are allowed 2 fruit ones per day. all has to be fat free. The Dr does advice that if you need a fast start avoid the fruit ones on attack and if you are stagnating. Hope this helps. x

I have made such a big deliberate mistake today.

Woke up this morning to 2 people shouting at each other - which continued pretty much all today. Period arrived. I keep going off to hide and cry and hubby's away tomorrow for a few days with work. It's been an awful day I haven't had pmt like this in ages.

So I ate my daughters 2 day old gingerbread man from greggs. Normally on any diet I wouldnt bat an eyelid as I could syn it or point it and claw back any wrong doing. I feel terrible now because of that. Stupid woman!!

Let's see if that naughty man makes a difference tomorow. I bet it will. :-((

I wouldnt beat myself about a gingerbread man as long as you dont go 'well I have cheated now so I will cheat all day today'! Just carry on and cut out any tolerated foods you were planning to eat. I am sure you will be fine. PMT is such a horrible thing, i get an appetite like a wolf and all I crave is sweet things, to be precise chocolate cake!! I once ate the whole of asdas indulgent chocolate fudge cake! I was not on dukan then, I was on see food diet! (see food eat it!).

exactly. one gingerbread man is not going to destroy your diet. i bet before dukan you would have indulged much more than that - i know i would!

hope the rest of your weekend goes better, and good luck getting back on track with attack.

U mean i can eat unlimited protein - ok then !.jpg
23.6.12 weighed 15.5.8
24.6.12 weigh 15.6.2 !! Ruddy gingerbread man!

Been reading my new Dukan Recipe book and have found some sauce recipies - yay no more dry changy chicken. Need sommat different today. Will extend my 5 day attack to 7 me thinks

Things i have learn on Dukan Attack day 4

* Periods and PMT suck

Sunday 24 June 2012 - Dukan Attack Day 5

Breakfast
Crab and salmon cakes with dijon mustard and ONION

Lunch
turkey stir fry with piri seasoning and 1/4 reduced salt stock cube

Dinner
Tikka Masala Chicken, salmon, home made burgers

Evening
Tikka Masala Chicken, salmon, home made burgers, Vanilla Yogurt

7 pints of water.

Last edited:
maybe the trick is to know when you're likely to get a snack attack, and then make sure you have something tasty close at hand? i used cocoa as my comfort food for my initial cravings, and now thanks to everyone's lovely recipe suggestions i have frozen yoghurt in the freezer ready for an emergency, and muffins coming up soon!
hang in there, sweetie, it will come off in no time x

Hita. Just got back from Asda. Kids wanted marshmallows to make fudge. I bought gelatine sheets and yeast. To make bread and deserts I saw in my new dukan recipie book.

Havent read all the books yet - do u know the allowance of cocoa powder?

Thank u. Feeling bit better today

X

I don't actually know... i couldn't find the fat-free one that is on the tolerated list, so i have just a tiny teaspoon of normal cocoa with lots of skim milk and sweetener. the site below says not on attack, and 'not in excessive quantities', so i used to have just one cup in the evenings, and only when i 'need' it.

Can you have fat-free cocoa on the dukan diet? - Dukan Diet FAQ

Weighed 24.6.12 15.6
Weigh 25.6.12 15.6!

Last day of Dukan Attack tomorrow.

Monday 25 June 2012 - Dukan Attack Day 6

Breakfast
Smoked salmon and 2 boiled eggs

Lunch
Turkey, onion, spices

Dinner
Turkey Burgers, beef strips in soy sauce and garlic

Evening
Natural yogurt
Sweet Gallette

Really bored of this today and so looking forward to veggies!

Last edited:
Went into town and bought VEGGIES! I kissed the brocolli :eek:

I also bought bacon.

Weighed 25.6.12 15.6
Weigh 26.6.12 15.4!!

Tuesday 26 June 2012 - DUKAN Attack Day 7 (last Day)

Breakfast - Was gonna take a pic but demolished it quickly
Very lean pork steak cut in half and smeared with 1/4 of a laughing cow extra light
Bacon, Ham and scrambled egg.
Turkey Burger

Lunch
Boiled Eggg, ham and salmon

Dinner
chicken, bacon, ONION, sage, garlic

Evening
Sweet Gallette
Greek yogurt mixed with vanilla onken

End of DUKAN ATTACK!

Last edited:
Hiya sorry to hear you've been struggling a bit and you can tell me to go away but we're not allowed pork and normal bacon I use a smoked turkey rashers instead and they are very good. keep focused you're doing well xx

Back