Iaimtobethin DUKAN DIARIES

Kissed the broccoli lol!

I know what you mean, broccoli has become my new best friend :)

Pic 1 Page 58.jpgPic 2 Page 84.jpg

Hiya sorry to hear you've been struggling a bit and you can tell me to go away but we're not allowed pork and normal bacon I use a smoked turkey rashers instead and they are very good. keep focused you're doing well xx

Morning Monica.

I would never tell you to go away my love - i am very gratefull of advice and support - especially as u are doing so great :)

Dr D does confuse me somewhat though, which is why today ive decided i need more natural flavours and decided to be a mini rebel and have bacon, ham and pork.

This is what confused me.......
Pic 1, Page 58 of the Dukan Diet. Dr D advises against pork.
Pic 2 - Page 84 of The Dukan Diet, Dr D says lean ham and pork are ok?

I was craving bacon - waaah! better than a 24 pack of jaffa cakes though eh?:D

x

yep, in my (US) version he does indeed say 'Pork: Lean cuts are permitted, such as tenderloin, loin roast, or well-trimmed center-cut chops'.

But no bacon, sausage, salami, parma ham (waaaaaah!)

but confusingly, in the '100 foods you can eat as much as you like' page, he includes:
Extra lean ham
Pork tenderloin, pork loin roast
Lean center-cut pork chops
Reduced-fat bacon
soy bacon (eeeeeuuuw!!)

so i'd say lean ham and lean pork are fine, but not sure if others agree. you cut the rind and fat off, right? :giggle:

Dukan cruise PV snack 27.6.12.jpgDukan cruise PV 27.6.12.jpgDSCF0080.jpg

1 week on Dukan Attack lost 7 pounds. 15.4.

Wednesday 27 June 2012 - Cruise PV

My Dukan Diet life Plan book arrived this morning, so if i get time, will have a look and see what i can have for dinner. Excited about veggies but nervous too about introducing them. Usually have them smothered in gravy or cheese sauce - veggies naked, not sure about.

Day 1 of Dukan Cruise PV

Breakfast
Scambled egg and salmon
lean ham
Greek yogurt mixed with vanilla onken. Gallette.

Lunch
Turkey

Dinner
Chicken and beef stir fry with veggies!
Soy sauce, garlic and stock cube

Evening snack

Gallette.
ham, cottage cheese. chicken 2/3 laugh cow el.

Last edited:
Thursday 28 June 2012 - Cruise PP

Breakfast
Lean Ham, 2 boiled eggs

Lunch
Turkey, chicken

Afternoon snack
Gallet (1 tbsp bran)
slice lean ham
from frais mixed with vanilla onken

Dinner

Cobbler and Salamon cottage cheese quiche

Evening Snack
Gallette
yogurt
left over mini burgers
Boiled Egg

Last edited:
Excited about veggies but nervous too about introducing them. Usually have them smothered in gravy or cheese sauce - veggies naked, not sure about.
no need to go naked! the book has lots of delicious recipes for sauces, like vinaigrette and yoghurt dressing, even dukan-friendly mayo. but you'll probably start enjoying them raw anyway.

good luck with Cruise!

Hello Youaretobethin, congratulations on your great start! I've only been going 2 1/2 weeks and am amazed at how quickly my body/taste buds have adapted to things. Hope it all gets easier for you - the one key thing I've learnt is just to be prepared. Have even been known to go out with an emergency ring pull tin of mackerel in my bag! Keep it up, this diet seems to be suiting you so far! Jx

Dukan Cruise V brekkie 29.6.12.jpgDukan Cruise PV dinner 29.6.12.jpg
Weakening today, scales havent budged, this morning i was ok now at 6.45 i want cake! Need cake! cant get cake out of my mind!

Friday 29 June 2012

Breakfast

Mini burgers
Fat free bacon
scrambled egg
mushrooms

Lunch
Ham
Yogurt
left over fish quiche

Dinner
Turkey, herbs, creme freche, leeks brocoli, onions
stock cube

me want cake cake cake cake cake! Off to look at recpies. If i over use oat bran today then,well at least i didnt have cake or the 24 jaffa cakes, 5 ring donutsand chocolate fudge cake thats playing on my mind! gaaaaaah!

I guess you need cake then LOL. I'm baking meringues as I type, first time in years I've had a go, stewed rhubarb waiting and home made yogurt to put on top...........oh I can't wait. Did you find a nice cake to make?

Resist the cake!! Isn't it crazy how one day with the scales not moving and we get demoralised? I'm the exact same. But you have lost 1/2 a stone in just over a week. Um, that's pretty impressive!!! Jx

I had cake and stuff. I felt i needed it. Spent most of yesterday and so far today building a Pax Wardrobe :-( Never mind. Carry on......................

Well the scales have finally budged from 15.4. They now read 15.6. Wrong way but was fed up seeing 15.4!

Saturday 30 June 2012 Cruise

Brekkie

Yogurt & Sweet Galette

Lunch
2 Lean Pork Steaks, 2 fried eggs
3 Sainsburys cookies

Awaiting my shopping as not much in have ordered loadsa herbs and spices and ready cooked lean meat. Come on 4 - 6 slot!

Dinner
Summat with chicken and beef strips
garlic, onion, soy sauce 1/2 stock cube
Mini homemade burgers. reduced sugar ketchup, mustard

Evening snacks
Swet gallette
fromage frais mixed with vanilla onken
Sugar free jelly

Last edited:
We all have the odd slip-up, I've been known to eat donner meat and have a little wine... :eek:

So are you back on it today? I notice that you've listed cookies, and I initially got a bit excited that Sainsburys are now stocking Dukan friendly treats... wishful thinking? :)

We all have the odd slip-up, I've been known to eat donner meat and have a little wine... :eek:

So are you back on it today? I notice that you've listed cookies, and I initially got a bit excited that Sainsburys are now stocking Dukan friendly treats... wishful thinking? :)

Hiya - sadly sainsburys cookies are not Dukan. Back on it after those. Just needed to rebel. 8 days is the longest i have followed a diet plan in over a year.

x

Just realised you said having a mini break, I was about to say....i thought we weren't allowed pork. I read Beef, Chicken and lean sliced ham. Plus the fish and dairy stuff.

x

Dr d confuses me. He states lean pork. See page 3 for a couple of photos from his book saying this
He says no early on in book. And 20 pages later he says yes. Gaah!

I agree, it is a bit confusing over pork. I've had the odd slice of lean ham/bacon, but try to avoid pork most of the time.

PV brekkie 1.7.12.jpg

Sunday 1 July 2012 PV Cruise

Breakfast
bacon, eggs, mushrooms, chicken slice. reduced sugar ketchup

Lunch
Fish Quiche

Dinner
Roast chicken, steaks, brocolli, carrot and green beans
need to find a gravy recipie
Gravy. Stock cube+mint+corn flour= Fail. had to put 1/2 teaspoon of bisto best and it was still like water - blergh! Cornflour went to lumps.

Snacks
Yogurt
Sweet Gallette

Last edited:
Keep going lady! Did you check the recipe thread for gravy? Someone somewhere must have tried it!

Jx

Keep going lady! Did you check the recipe thread for gravy? Someone somewhere must have tried it!

Jx

I'm not giving up - yet ;-) Gravy was an epic fail. Usually really love my sunday dinners with loadsa veg but HAVE To have gravy :-(

Back