Iaimtobethin DUKAN DIARIES

I agree, I think you ought to choose 1 as I feel you might lose on the Dukan attack but gain it back when you eat normally on WW, then lose it again ...... in a cycle. I am with ceri on choose dukan and with joodle on perhaps do PVs, weight loss will be slow but at least you have lots of food and the flexibility! Good luck.

...and no pressure, but all the dukanette cheerleaders are waiting with bated breath to hear your decision!

:party0019:

Yes, really, really, no need to apologise. We're all in the same boat here and know what it's like to struggle with food. We just want you to start feeling good about losing weight!

I know we're all completely different but here's my experience of Dukan and WW. When doing WW, I found it extremely difficult to stick to my daily allowance of 26 points. I would usually be good for 2 days then have a blow out and use a big chunk of my weekly allowance and then struggle to get motivated for the rest of the week. For me, the amount I was allowed to eat was just not enough and I also found it hard to use my points wisely because I knew nothing was off limits. I'd start the day with a croissant thinking I could make up for it later....then later would never come.

When I started Dukan about 4 weeks ago, I decided to keep tracking my points, just out of interest. I expected I'd be consuming way over my daily points allowance each day as I was eating whenever I wanted and some of it was relatively high in points, like oily fish and oat bran itself. I was absolutely stunned to realise that pretty much every single day I came in way under my daily 26 and wasn't even touching the extra weekly allowance. This has been the case for 4 weeks in a row. So being on Dukan, and eating unlimited amounts of food has still kept my points completely within limits, without even trying.

One last thing - have you ever read any of the stuff out there about positive self talk? Sounds a bit mumbo jumbo but I'm wondering if it might help you? In some of your earlier posts you say things like 'I need cake, and 'I have to have gravy with my roast'. We can all relate!!! But what if you started to train yourself not to think like that? So every time the little thought pops into your head you say 'well, I might think I need cake now, but actually, that's just my brain being a pain in the neck. What I really want and need is fish/steak/yoghurt/oat bran* (*Delete as appropriate) so that is what I will have. I do not need cake.'

Might be no use at all, but worth a try?

Like the others say, we will all be here for you, whatever you decide! Good luck and be strong!!

Jx

Ok dear, I will hold your hand. You can do this, together we can do this. I think people on this forum can honestly say I know how you feel because the reason we are here is we struggle with weight and food control. Like Joodle said think positive talk, it usually works! remember me and my 'I should be ashamed of myself!' I am singing it now so it can take me through the weekend when I am away from home.

I just noticed we are the same height and is your stats are up to date exactly same weight so I can offer to do this with you. I usually plan my meals for the week, do my weekly shop and cook everything that needs cooking and fridge or freeze accordingly. What if I share with you my weekly plan, the shopping list and then we update each other daily for the week. Now I am no pro but this might help you until you get your motivation back. Believe me it will come back you just need to stay strong through this patch. And I know its difficult because I have been there more than once!

We love you really and want you to carry on.
xx

99p chicken!.jpg
Hello :eek:

Grab a cuppa, this could be long.........................................

Well yesterday i completed a whole day on WW. This morning, stayed the same hey i like quick results! Just so fed up being fat. Really wanted to be around 14 stone for Holiday. I'm a terrible mother and never play physical games with the girls and cry if i have to get in a swim suit for the pool. Dont know why i think i am so special that everyone would be looking at me in the pool but i do.

Honestly, i felt healthier following dukan. Soon as i ate bread again i felt heavy and lethargic.

Anyhow. Still confused as hell. But a visit to sainsburys this evening and the purchase of 2 whole chickens reduced to 99p each has made me make the descision to go back on attack. Is this right ? start again as if new? Gonna aim for 5 - 7 days.

Anyone on here from Sussex?

I 100% agree with what everyone has said. Joodle - spot on with WW + crossaint = blown it, carry on eating.

Eccab77. Spooky we are the same?. So let me introduce myself..........

Hi, i'm Beth, i am very indecisive, impulsive and want things to work immediately. Be it technology or dieting. I am an emotional eater and would really prefer not to put this onto my 3 slim girls, aged 10, 6 and 2.

Tomorrow i will start Dukan Attack. I will read by Dukan recpie books in bed tonight and slope off to the locked bathroom to read more tomorrow (only place i can get locked door peace - yeah sorry guys (my family) bad tummy again - lol, sorry TMI!)

I will work around the gravy issue by not having the veg i can only eat with gravy. I will stick to roasted veg with half a reduced salt stock cube on - yum. (can we have harissa paste)

Right off to update my tesco shopping basket as its due in the morning.

Thanks guys for listening. I'm coming back!

x

Yay good for you. We'll be here to listen and support.

xx

Yeay, thats the way to go girl! Welcome back. x
:bighug:

Hey Beth, believe me I know how all about emotional eating and guess what I eat when I am stressed, angry or happy..... yep chocolate cake! If I get upset I not only eat, I feel hungry, literally! I am in the same boat, I keep thinking about my 5 year old boy and thinking if he gets fat he will be bullied at school!

Let me know if you need any help and I will do my best but stick with it. The problem you see is if things do not move as fast as we want we give up as if that ever helped! And I do the same, I lost a 1lb last week and thought the whole week a measly pound I need to lose at least 2lbs a week. So this week I lost 2 lbs and I was thin king this is taking forever, I cant believe I have to do this til December! But I quickly turn it into positive like well if I lost 2lbs every week til Dec that will be like 50lbs so not bad. This then spears me on. I also keep reminding myself that if I give up I can only gain more weight and make it difficult for later!

Brave on Ranger, we will get there.
x

My name is Rebecca by the way and I am called anything from Becca, Becky, Rebecca, B, Beeby (hubby calls me this!) and one friend called me eccab!

Hooray! Welcome back Beth, and what a lovely idea becca about pairing up on the diet.

Beth, psychologically I think it is better for you to make a completely fresh start with attack, so you've made the right decision. The chickens look tasty!

The way you described your personality, the main danger for you with dukan is the daily ups and downs. You want things to work right away and with dukan, you sometimes have to be patient and accept that the scales will be stuck or even go up once or twice during the week. Maybe weekly weighing is better for you?

We all experienced this and no matter what you say to yourself, you can't help being disappointed. But the forum is absolutely amazing for that, and I find that posting my gains and stalls helps me talk myself into a better frame of mind, even before the minimin ladies have a chance to do it :)

You can do this, and we will do it with you! Positive thinking is the way to go, and my OH is a big fan of visualization: picture yourself already at your tw, doing the things you want, like playing in the pool with your girls.

Big hug, and respect to you for working through this and making a tough decision.

Cxx

HURRAY! Great news Beth, you've got us all behind you! Sounds like you've got the right mind set - read the book, plan, plan, plan so you always have Dukan friendly food and come here for support. I'm with Caro in wondering if a weekly weigh in might be best for you? More than any diet I've ever tried, this diet has brought completely inexplicable daily weight fluctuations - both up and down, and I'm still trying to get my head round the fact that I just can't be disappointed if I go up or stay the same for a few days. I really don't get why this is happening but we have to be prepared that it is a feature of the diet and not something we should pay too much attention to. Not sure if you feel you can go weekly, but sounds like it might be better, at least at first?

Go girl and let us know how it's going!

Jx

Ok dear, I will hold your hand. You can do this, together we can do this. I think people on this forum can honestly say I know how you feel because the reason we are here is we struggle with weight and food control. Like Joodle said think positive talk, it usually works! remember me and my 'I should be ashamed of myself!' I am singing it now so it can take me through the weekend when I am away from home.

I just noticed we are the same height and is your stats are up to date exactly same weight so I can offer to do this with you. I usually plan my meals for the week, do my weekly shop and cook everything that needs cooking and fridge or freeze accordingly. What if I share with you my weekly plan, the shopping list and then we update each other daily for the week. Now I am no pro but this might help you until you get your motivation back. Believe me it will come back you just need to stay strong through this patch. And I know its difficult because I have been there more than once!

We love you really and want you to carry on.
xx

Becky, you're totally fab! This is one of the loveliest posts I've read.

Jx

Hey Beth, believe me I know how all about emotional eating and guess what I eat when I am stressed, angry or happy..... yep chocolate cake! If I get upset I not only eat, I feel hungry, literally! I am in the same boat, I keep thinking about my 5 year old boy and thinking if he gets fat he will be bullied at school!

Let me know if you need any help and I will do my best but stick with it. The problem you see is if things do not move as fast as we want we give up as if that ever helped! And I do the same, I lost a 1lb last week and thought the whole week a measly pound I need to lose at least 2lbs a week. So this week I lost 2 lbs and I was thin king this is taking forever, I cant believe I have to do this til December! But I quickly turn it into positive like well if I lost 2lbs every week til Dec that will be like 50lbs so not bad. This then spears me on. I also keep reminding myself that if I give up I can only gain more weight and make it difficult for later!

Brave on Ranger, we will get there.
x

Ello Darling, or should i say Rebecca

Thanks so much for this post. I just imagined u and i walking to the fridge together. ive got chicken which i cooked yesterday and 2 boiled eggs for breakfast - sorry but i couldnt see what u got??

x

Weigh 15.6

Saturday 7 July 2012 - DUKAN Attack Day 1 (3 weeks till holiday)

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs, chicken

Lunch
Probably chicken - lol!

Dinner
Erm, Chicken!

Lady, we have ALL been there! You just have to promise to step in and save us from ourselves when we need it!!

Sounds like your day's been chickentastic. Looking forward to hearing what the scales say tomorrow....although don't forget the crazy nature of the daily weigh in!!

Jx

Dukan Attack Dinner 8.7.12.jpgFish Ball Thingys and scotch egg.jpg
Weigh 15.6

Went out last night. So Attack starts today and ive been cooking. mmm.

Made fish ball thingys.
Small tin salmon, small tin crab. Mixed with Dukan Mayonaise. Rolled in 1/2 tbsp eatbran.

Scotch eggs x 2
Turkey mince with Dukan mayo, pepper.

Turkey Burgers or sausages
Turkey Mince, piri piri, garlic, onion

Curried Chicken
Chunks of chicken in natural yogurt, curry spices

Sunday 8 July 2012

Breakfast
chicken, bacon and onion stir fry with 1/2 chicken reduced salt oxo.

Lunch
2 Fish ball thingys

Dinner
Steak, scotch egg, fish ball thingy, turkey burger. RS Ketchup & Mustard

Evening
fish balls. Onken and from frais

Last edited:
Hi :wavey:wow u are doing so well, great menus! Have a great week.

i must say that looks way more interesting than the previous day's chicken menu!! great to have you back on board, Beth.

Cx

DSCF2215.jpg
Weigh 15.6. Stay the same!

Monday 9 July 2012 Dukan Attack Day 2

Breakfast

pack of chicken slices

Lunch
Salmon, scotch egg, ham.

Afternoon
Yogurt

Dinner
Curried chicken, Turkey Burger, Steak