• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Ice (and crushing it)

Mrs B

Silver Member
No that is what I had before. I treated myself to a jug one from Lidl this week. Only £14.99 and crushes ice brilliantly.

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
i've got a hand blender... you don't think the ice will knack up the blades? otherwise i will do that for my shake in about 30mins...

Loz1984

Flab 2 Fab!
It depends on the blender! I had a tesco value £4 jobby and the insides melted and smoked trying to do ice with that! :eek: But have now got a posh tesco one for £15 which does the job brilliantly! I used to have a good braun (i think) one which did ice well but seem to have lost that! Doh! Happy blending! I can't have the shakes without ice now, makes a huge difference!

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
yeah mine's only £4 but still don't fancy the risk of breaking it at the mo... maybe will just bash the hell out of the ice lol

goolian

Fab & Fit For Florida
just tried to break the ice up with a wooden spoon lol but hasn't really worked, but its in my vanilla shake anyway, tastes ok...

jacsprat

Silver Member
If you can afford it I would try and get yourself a decent blender with a glass jug. It totally transforms the shakes into lovely thick smoothie type creations. You can also make ice cream by using more ice and less water. Fab

Jac

Put the ice in a plastic bag, then wrap it in a teatowel and bash the hell out of it - that's how i did it before i got my magic bullet blender!

xdebzx

No that is what I had before. I treated myself to a jug one from Lidl this week. Only £14.99 and crushes ice brilliantly.

thats the one i've got, fab isnt it! :D and unbelievably it is a glass jug too, i havent seen one like that anywhere for that price.

debs x

xdebzx

Put the ice in a plastic bag, then wrap it in a teatowel and bash the hell out of it - that's how i did it before i got my magic bullet blender!

good stress reliever too i'd imagine, lol :D

debs x

DQ

Queen of the Damned
Yep was gonna recommend a plastic bag and a rolling pin :giggle: :giggle: Might not be high tech, but gets rid of some aggression too!! :D

Emm28

Silver Member
Yep was gonna recommend a plastic bag and a rolling pin :giggle: :giggle: Might not be high tech, but gets rid of some aggression too!! :D
my thoughts exactley, think of your worse enimey (food) and batter it to death :D

Ceri

I had a jug blender from Tesco for £10. It did it brilliantly, however it doesn't last forever anf mine broke on Monday..argggh!!! Just got a new one from Asda, it's cack!! It just brakes the ice into small grains - will have to have a snoop round Lidl.
Ceri