Icemoose - I THANK YOU!

Have to laugh- according to the local paper I did the race in 1 hour 42 mins!!! I beat my personal best all from my settee! Even funnier is when I click on the photo taken of "me" I'm a skinny young bloke! I thought my friend had given my number to another woman! LOL

I keep thinking about that dreadful weather and how brilliantly you all did to complete the race! I've being speaking to seasoned runners at my gym and many of them struggled and some of them didn't even bother when they saw the weather.
As fate would have it yesterday was an ideal running day in Portsmouth - sunshine & gentle breeze! Sooo not fair! Last year it was held at the begining of the month and I'm sure when I did the year before it was September. Makes such a difference. That last stretch along the seafront is part of my 5 mile route and sometimes the wind is so strong it is like running in treacle. The only thing that keeps me going is that I'm half way and have to get home again.
So glad you are keeping it going. I think I'm going to have a look around for a few shorter runs to put in for. I've also found out about a group of runners who go out at all speeds on a Weds night. Really don't fancy it on my own now the clocks have gone back. Just think how good we will all be next year!

Back