Icemoose or others from a while back...I can't seem to do it, I'm bl**dy crap:-(

onefatmama

I've done cd before and have achieved my goal, well not far off.
I have been doing SS for a few weeks now and have fallen big time since the weekend:cry::cry:

I start off good, but come 3.30 ( kids home time) I fall:cry::sigh::(:mad:

I know what's causing it...alcohol:( I'm flriggin crap at this. I have another 5 st + to go and need to do it by crimbo. help..please..thank you x

just keep focussed you can do it, why dont you empty your house and get rid of the alcohol that way you wont be tempted....

just keep focussed you can do it, why dont you empty your house and get rid of the alcohol that way you wont be tempted....

Thanks for replying:) even if I emptied the house , I could still go out and buy a 20cl bottle and down it before DH gets home at 7pm:cry:

It's not all the time, but it is too many times:cry:

Hi, sounds to me like you have more than the weight issue going on so maybe beal with one thing at a time, I hope that dosnt come across rude , its not ment to be.

good luck.xx

Please read my post 'Please let it be this time' which i posted this morning, you and i have a bit in common! I know exactly how you feel, my OH has only been out the house for half an hour and i'm getting twitchy!
I work in a school so do absolutely fine through the day as i'm so busy but as soon as i get home at half 3, i start to graze, have tea then have my 'comfort' drinks and food in the evening, feel disappointed and vow to start again tomorrow - a vicious circle. Only thing is that now it is the school holidays i really have an extra 6 hours grazing!
Good luck with your journey. Please PM if you need to.
Mx

remember that you are in control, nothing else. Have a read of some of Icemoose's website and it will really help you think about why you are doing what you are doing and why you want to get to where you want to get to.

Oh Hun ((Hugs)) so sorry you are having a crap time of it. You can do this as you have said you have done it before. You've identified a couple of triggers - alcohol (get rid of anything you have in the house and don't let anymore back in). Your kids home time (do something, anything to distract yourself - have a bath, maybe take them for a walk first). I really do hope you feel better soon.

Ack...firstly, you're not C**p. You are just chosing what feels like the best option at the time.

But how does it make you feel after? Rubbish eh.

So what happens. Do you get a craving and just go for it, or does it keep nagging at you until you don't feel you can cope with the nag anymore and go for it?

Either way, can you just accept that you want it, but think about it first. How will it make you feel after? How will you feel if you do without? Imagine you didn't have that drink, is it impossible not to? You have to put a peaceful thought in there somewhere rather than fight with the nag. It's not the enemy. In fact, the nag is a friend. It wants you to do what it thinks is the right thing for you at that moment in time.

If you can get past that and find the right thing for that moment in time to replace it, then you are onto a winner. That great feeling of accepting the nag is trying to be a friend, but it's a rubbish one for your longer term goals.

But hey...who wants to even think about longer term...weeks, months ahead? Not me for one! I live in the present. So how will you feel if you don't give into it. If you can find something else to do or to comfort yourself and make yourself feel good without going off plan?

As I say, don't fight it. Don't even object to it. Just accept that you have the nag and you don't have to give in to it.

Of course, if alcohol is proving a real problem for you, it could be that you need more help than we could ever give you here.

Either way, there's light at the end of the tunnel. If you want it badly enough, you'll manage it. Hugs.

Back