Total Solution Mrs Fitz Not Mrs Fatz

:DThanks Darcy! As for the eggs - I just found them very salty with the consistency of a rubber dog ball!! Maybe I need to add more water? How do you do them in a microwave?

Day 5 is here - woo hoo! Sorry, just trying to start the week off on a positive note. I couldn't find any of the 3 tape measures we must have hanging around the house so I bought yet another one yesterday and have done my measurements today...oh...not good. I remember that when I hit my goal weight first time around (4.5 years ago-ish) my waist was 31.5", hips 40" and underboob 38". I am MILES off now but there's no point beating myself up about it, it is what it is but it won't remain this way o_O

On the plus side, I have lost 13.5lbs since my fattest weigh-in day last Monday. I think it was that which pulled me up short as I was on the verge of being in to another stone category but going up, not coming down :eek: Come Tuesday I found out about Exante (via the Nectar app on my phone, strangely enough) ordered a 6 week pack and set my start date as 1st September. I did Dukan for a couple of days to get my mind set and lost 6lbs, then on to what I'm doing now :)

My first Exante goal is 14lbs by next Thursday (wedding anniversary) so fingers crossed for that! We've no plans for it but I'll be happy enough if I hit that first goal.

I'm finding hubbys support very welcome right now. I really did expect a lot of face pulling re the packs but nope, not a thing. He really is my little cheering section, thankfully. I would hate to think how I would cope if he wasn't supportive. He told me how proud he was of me for getting through the weekend unscathed (he knows it's always been a weak point for me) and that gave me a little warm glow :) He knows I'm doing this for ME, no one else.

Something I found good as a motivation last time around was hubby bought me a plain Pandora bracelet, and for every 7lbs I lost, he bought me a new bead. I loved it as it was a tangible sign of how well I'd done. It may sound daft as looking in the mirror and wearing smaller sizes should have been a tangible sign but it took me a very long time for my head to recognise the person in the mirror as smaller. I still don't think I ever really came to terms with it if I'm honest. But the bracelet really helped. Once I put weight back on, I stopped wearing it as it felt wrong. However, I'm going to start with it again - a plain bracelet to begin with and then start putting the beads back on for every 7lbs of fat gone :D

Have a great start to the week everyone!

The bracelet is such a lovely idea!! Your hubby sounds lovely. My OH is also quite supportive but nowhere near as imaginative!

Hubby has his moments Pink! It's been a difficult couple of years as we were both made redundant from the same place and hubby went in to a massive spiral from which he is still struggling to recover. I think this is the first time in ages where I have heard him sound positive about anything. It's just nice to focus on something else for a bit. I'm hoping that if he loses weight too, his self-confidence will begin to come back and maybe the odd smile and laugh.

Anyway...mint choc shake for brekkie and sweet & sour for lunch - both absolutely fine. No idea about dinner but that's the beauty of this regime - just grab a pack when I come in from work!

Yay! Another day dealt with and still on plan! Had the pizza for dinner and, while it wasn't of the standard of Pizza Express, it wasn't bad. I'll certainly try it again, which is good as there are another 6 to go ;)

My mood seems to have improved at work, which is really good as being a snappy pain the backside would result in a formal warning (massively strict) I want to lose weight, not my job!

I felt much more confident in myself today. I didn't slink on to the floor I work on but walked with my head held high. Isn't it silly how much our weight controls our moods and how we view ourselves?

Well done! Pizza express is over rated anyway!
Had a similar thing with hubby and redundancy a few years ago. Its soul destroying. I guess they feel the same link of self worth to 'providing' as we do to weight.

I love the bracelet thing too. My husband wants to be supportive but when he is it always seems to me that he's saying how fat I am and how he wishes I would loose weight so he could find me attractive again. Of course he is not actually saying that but that's what I hear and my emotional response to that is to stuff my face with food. Vicious cycle!

With a hubby as supportive as yours I'm sure you are going to smash this.

Day 6...

Still feeling a bit woolly-headed, sort of the beginnings of a headache but not quite there yet. I'm sure another 2l of water will take care of it!

Been to the Stop Smoking clinic this morning and got all that sorted. I start on the drugs tomorrow with my quit date of Friday 16th September. Hubby has had the hard word - don't p*ss me off for the foreseeable future :D:eek::eek: He is a lovely bloke but he really does have his pain in the arse moments when I would quite happily smother him with a pillow. I mentioned something I'd read earlier about Christmas being 110 days away, and that I'd be a slimmer, non-smoker by then. His response was 'and also a widow' to which I replied 'ah well, can't win 'em all' :p

Feeling very tired as had a shocking nights sleep. Never mind, will catch up with it tonight. Threw a shake down for breakfast with a pint of water and half a mug of tea. Have just finished another pint of water and starting on another mug of tea before deciding which pack is the lucky winner for lunch.

Sal - definitely a link between providing for the family and self-worth. He's still unable to work which causes tension but we just have to get on with things as they stand at the moment.

hmurgy - yep, I know what you mean about hubby saying one thing and hearing something completely different! I guess mine's supportive as he's also struggling with his weight and knows how difficult it is trying to get the weight off and, more importantly, keeping it off! Those little nagging voices in our heads really do their best to put us down and undo our good work don't they?

My headaches have waned now. I am sure yours will too very soon. I also felt I had so much more energy today. What about you MrsFitz?

Thanks peeps! I think the woolly head is more due to tiredness than diet. The hunger has well and truly passed but I seem to be always thirsty - is this normal?? I seem to always have a large glass of water to hand, which is a good thing I know :)

Tried making a 'burger' and it looked cack. There's wasn't anything I could add to it to make it look more appetising so it ended up in the bin and I had Shepherds Pie instead. I'll try making one again when I'm more awake and not stressed with work.

I'm hoping for a really good nights sleep, especially as I know that adequate sleep is massively important to weight-loss. The 4 hours of disturbed sleep I had last night wasn't enough :confused: I'd sleep the clock round if I could but I just can't seem to manage it for some reason.

Onwards to tomorrow!

You are doing so well!!

I deliberately didn't order the sausages or burgers because I wasn't sure I would be able to fashion something that came as powder into anything edible. Let us know if you find a way!

I managed with the sausages. Try making one with my fingers, fail! More mix on hand then in pan. Next one I just plopped two separate scoops straight into a very hot pan with a wooden spoon and used the spoon to gradually roll them as they cooked. Worked well and tasted fine. They will give me my meat fix. Burgers I hated. They were grainy, with chewy bits and a funny taste.

I deliberately didn't order the sausages or burgers because I wasn't sure I would be able to fashion something that came as powder into anything edible. Let us know if you find a way!

I tend to shape the mix into tiny meatballs, fry with a little coconut or olive oil and mix with chilli, garlic and spirallised courgette... I know the courgette adds a few extra calories, but it's a delicious meal if you need that little bit extra!

Thanks for the burger/sausage advice peeps. I was thinking, at stupid 'o clock this morning when I couldn't sleep, that I could put the mixed stuff in between some grease-proof paper and batter it in to some sort of burger shape before scraping it off into the fry pan. I'll try it for lunch tomorrow and report back :)

When do the bad moods wear off? I'm finding myself really short-tempered and tore hubby a new one at lunch-time. I'm managing (just) to be nice with clients on the phone but I would cheerfully slap a couple of my colleagues. I finish work on Friday for two weeks (which is why I'm doing the stop smoking thing then) so I may end up locking myself in my room until the bad mood passes :D

I've just taken my first stop smoking pill with my dinner of Carbonara. The packet says it might cause drowsiness - I SO hope so as sleep is having a laugh at my expense. I'm knackered but can't get to sleep. I seem to be managing 4 hours a night which isn't good.

Had to visit the supermarket for the pharmacy and it was difficult. Smell of bread, tubs of chocolate on offer at the entrance etc. I needed to get in and get out, like an SAS mission! I had to wait 20 minute for the pharmacist to sort my stop smoking meds and I wasn't a happy little bunny rabbit. It's all daft as I'm finding the packs easy enough and I can't say I'm actually hungry but the triggers around are numerous. I don't want to become a hermit as I need to become comfortable with it all. I know it's just early days so maybe I'm just expecting a bit too much of myself just now?

1st weigh-in tomorrow. Looking forward to updating my ticker ;)

When I went to the supermarket at the beginning of my diet I worked out the dates of my AAM week and if I was tempted to buy food I'd look at the expiry date, and remind myself of my AAM week date, and put it down. A week later I was in ketosis and had no appetite do it didn't matter as much :)

Re burgers and sausage, Funny enough I was thinking of buying the burger and pizza mixes today! Maybe will buy an individual pack of each and see how it goes before I commit to a box of 7!

Pink - the pizza isn't too bad. You just need to keep an eye when the base is in the oven as it can brown very quickly. I spread it very thinly on the greaseproof paper and it took 10 mins to cook. I'm having one for my dinner tonight.

Sal - nice food? D'you know, if someone said to me that I could have a meal of whatever I want, I'd probably actually pass as I wouldn't know what to have as it isn't as though I'm craving anything, it's more the smells I think.

Anyway, Day 8 and first proper Exante weigh-in - 9.75lbs down, which is nice! I know my body will go in to a bit of a sulk now and fight against me but it's par for the course and no surprise. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can hit my first target of a stone by next Thursday - 4.25lbs to go :)

Thinking of buying some Ketostix, just to check that my body is doing as it should. Does anyone use them and find them useful?

Just asked hubby if he'd mind vaccing and dusting our bedroom while I'm at work...you would have thought that I'd asked him to sacrifice one of the cats :eek: Housework is more than just doing downstairs my dear! I haven't even mentioned cleaning our bathroom!!

Massive congratulations on the first official weigh in, you should be delighted with that loss! x

Thanks Womble :D

Tried the sausage mix for lunch. Made it OK with the help of greaseproof paper and a silicon spatula. But...oh, they were dry. Would probably be alright if they were in some sort of sauce but I managed to choke them down with the help of a pint of water! Pizza for dinner, which was OK and now drinking my final pint of water.

I think, out of the pack I got, there are around 20 packets or so that I'd be more than happy not to bother with again. Can we swap/give away on here? It would be a shame to bin them if someone else could make use.

Looking forward to my bed!

Day 9

Woke up feeling very chipper this morning, full of the joys and all that. I'm just hoping that this means the first week of feeling snappy, tired and just generally blah is now over with and I can step away from the painkillers :)

Had pancakes for brekkie which felt like a very indulgent treat. Painted my nails while catching up on Cold Feet (still brilliant on its return) and just generally chilling out. Need to drink more water as I've only managed a pint so far with 2 cups of tea. I'm sure I can choke another 3 pints down before I go to work.

Off to the pub tonight after work but no drinking and no stopping out late, neither of which are bothering me.

Have a good day everyone :D

Back