Total Solution Mrs Fitz Not Mrs Fatz

Anyway, Day 8 and first proper Exante weigh-in - 9.75lbs down, which is nice!

Thinking of buying some Ketostix, just to check that my body is doing as it should. Does anyone use them and find them useful?

Nice???? That's flipping amazing!!

I have used Ketostixs. They are good as a confirmation and kinda fun but they never told me anything I didn't already know. You can tell your in ketosis when the hunger and lethargy go.

Thanks hmurgy! It's certainly better than a poke in the eye with a pointy stick :)

Got a bit fed up with myself earlier. I was trying stuff on as it was dress down at work so I go ready for a night out (as you do) I had in mind a long dress that I'd bought a while back but made me look like a sausage tightly wrapped in string. I kidded myself that I'd look OK in it...er...no. The only difference I noticed when putting on the old faithful outfit was that it looked better, which had me wondering about how much of a mess I looked normally :( But hey ho, I suppose I will look even better as time goes on!

On the plus side, I was able to wear a pair of heeled boots and kept them on without killing my feet. I'd tried them a couple of weeks ago and took them straight back off so a bit of a result!

Had 2 coffees and a pint of weak blackcurrant squash in the pub. It was noticed that I wasn't drinking so I explained it away that I was doing the 'Dryathlon' for September, which was accepted.

Been talking about what we can do for our wedding anniversary next week. I don't want the day to go unnoticed. The past few years we've celebrated in Cyprus but due to cash flow problems (no cash to flow and all that!) we're not there this year...sob...but we have booked for next year for our 10th anniversary :D

Anyway, I think we're doing a planned day off-plan. Still don't know exactly what but we're not going to feel guilty about what we do. Things will be back to normal come Friday.

Bracing myself for the weekend ahead...

Day 10

Managed to stay on plan today but could have thrown a proper, full-on tantrum about an hour ago as hunger was getting the better of me and all I wanted was a fish butty from the chippy.

My own fault really. I made those stupid scone things for brekkie - what a total waste of time...rock hard and stuck to the ramekin. These went in the bin and had a shake instead. Felt totally shattered so went back to bed for a nap, planning to have a late lunch. I must have needed the sleep as I woke at 5pm! Not sure if some of it is the stop smoking drugs as they can cause drowsiness and today was the day I had to start taking morning and night. Anyway, felt happy that I had avoided that 'boredom eating' that can strike when you're just hanging around at home and find yourself picking at crap because you don't know what to do with yourself.

We went to the pub for a couple of hours tonight. Again, getting away from the temptation at home. That went fine, no issues until hubby said we needed to call at the supermarket on the way home and oh boy, the cravings hit :mad: I could have stamped my feet and had a proper b*tch fit. Got home and chucked a sweet & sour in a bowl and came to bed out of the way. I realised that I had missed lunch but they are having a late dinner downstairs so I'm not risking being around proper food by going back downstairs and grabbing an additional pack now. I'm sure I'll manage until the morning!

And I haven't drunk enough water either...sigh...

Tomorrow is another day ;)

Well done for staying in there. Sounds like it was a tough day. I can't imagine doing this at the same time as quitting smoking. You are doing so well and should be really proud. A day like yesterday is an accomplishment. I hope you slept well.

Thanks hmurgy :) The stopping smoking doesn't start properly until next Friday as I have to build up the drugs in my system first and then stop the cigs. Wil wait and see how that goes!

Been a much better day today. I decided to see if any of my measurements had changed and they had! 2" off my waist, odd inches everywhere else. I need to do them properly and note them down. So, feeling pretty good, I dug out a couple of pairs of size 20 knee length shorts, both denim, 1 from Sainsburys, 1 from Dorothy Perkins (as sizes seem to differ massively from store to store) I could get both on and just about fasten them even though I certainly couldn't go anywhere in them :p I've taken that as a positive sign. I also came across some 3/4 DP jeggings which were the same size and tried them on - they fit!!! Needless to say I wore them for the rest of the day with a baggy top to hide my belly but I was very happy with myself :D I know they are elasticated and stretch a bit but I'll take any achievement right now!

Ordered some more packs as there was 50% off today. I'm definitely committed to this plan for the next 7 weeks or so now. I ordered the 4 week shake and bar pack and 1 each of pasta, shepherds pie, maple pancakes and blueberry pancakes - all stuff I've found I like and know I can live on for a few weeks.

Looking forward to the next week ;)

Day 12

Sleep is really interfering with my weight-loss! Had a big sleep yesterday - lost 1.25lbs; had a really bad sleep last night - put on 1lb :eek: It's especially a kick in the teeth when I was 100% all weekend and ignored all the temptations :( Oh well...it will sort itself out over time.

Had a shake for brekkie and a gooey chocolate pudding for lunch, except I dinged it 10 seconds too long and the goo had disappeared! It didn't matter as it wasn't dry and was surprisingly nice. Am I the only person who feels slightly guilty when having the sweet stuff?? No idea what's for dinner, probably soup :)

Hi, loving your diary so far. Do you weigh yourself every day? I am trying to stop myself from weighing every day otherwise I will drive myself crazy! I am sure all your hard work will show on the weekly weigh in!

I also feel guilty when I have the sweet stuff. It's like I am cheating the diet! Favourite so far is the toffee, nut and raisin bar!

Hi Sharkbait - yes, I do weigh every day, leftover from when I was doing Dukan. Thankfully it's more out of interest if anything as I don't let the ups and downs affect me too much!

Day 13...oh, last night was very, very bad. In fact the whole day was but I crashed and burned last night. I think it was because it was the first day of my holidays and I didn't actually do anything. I'm used to work taking my mind off things and distracting me but that wasn't there yesterday. I got myself in a proper state - hungry, tearful, feeling like sh*t. I succumbed to 2 leftover crusts, toasted and didn't enjoy it in the slightest. If I had just taken 5 minutes to actually think, I would have had another pack but I didn't. Oh well. I could have been much worse, so quite controlled in my way!

Weighed in this morning and was half a pound down on yesterday so that was OK. Not sure I'll hit my first target this week but I knew my body would chuck a wobbly this week and refuse to co-operate as it should (previous experience) so will just keep on keeping on.

My mood is totally different today. I had to go to my stop smoking appointment and then off to Sainsburys where I romped around very happily, not bothering about the food. Isn't it strange? Feeling so much better today so must have been one of 'those' days.

My new order came at lunchtime so tried the lemon bar for lunch - ooohhhhh....I like them! I didn't order any bars in my first order so these are something new. I've decided, for the next few weeks, to leave the bars for the time when I'm on the verge of losing the plot and will have them as an extra should I need to. It's got to be better having 4 packs instead of 3 and whatever crap I have in the freezer :eek:

We have a picnic arranged for our anniversary on Thursday so that will be a planned romp off-plan. I don't feel guilty about it in the slightest :D Will be back to it come Friday.

Hi Pink, I've ordered the keto stix and they should be delivered the end of this week/beginning of next. I'm really interested to see if I am in ketosis as I seem to be very up and down even though I'm sticking to plan. It will be fantastic if it also kills off the nicotine cravings!! A 'belt & braces' approach will really work for me :D

Feeling completely different this evening compared to last - very positive and happy. I could definitely do without it being a rollercoaster though. I don't want to be second-guessing how I'm going to be on a particular day.

On to Day 14!

Day 14...

Last day of week 2, and apart from the slip up with the 2 crusts, I've remained faithful :) No alcohol either, which is a bit of a result!

Had porridge for brekkie - now do it in a 2 pint jug so it doesn't explode all around my microwave, pizza for lunch and maple syrup pancakes for dinner. I think I've managed 3l of fluid so I should be on track. I know my loss this week has slowed down massively but I'll know the exact figure when I have my weekly weigh-in tomorrow. I know the weight has to come off eventually as I can't see that there is any way that my body can stubbornly hold on to the weight on a VLCD. It will just be a case of waiting it out ;)

Started on the double-dose of stop smoking drugs today. Again, it made me tired so I had a quick 30 min nap this afternoon. I'm hoping that tonight's dose knocks me out and I sleep all night, for a change!

Off-plan for the picnic tomorrow. Not actually that phased about it and I'm certainly not having any cravings so that's something. But will be back on-plan come Friday so all will be well :)

Day 15 and Weigh-in number 2

13lbs down on Exante so far and 19lbs down since starting overall. Missed my 1st Exante target by a lb but I'm happy overall :) 3.25lbs of fat 'released' this week :eek: Obviously was hoping for more (as we all do!) but I knew my body would be kicking up a fuss so I can live with it.

My second target of 2 stone loss is 9th October, which is 3.5 weeks away. I need to lose around 4.5lbs a week to hit that little baby :D All I can do is try isn't it?

I've dug my bracelet out and given it a clean. Just waiting to hit the stone loss and then I'll put 2 beads on and start wearing it again. Fingers crossed it fills up sooner rather than later!!

Hi Mrs Fitz
Im loving your diary. Your doing fab and you seem to have so much control!
Dont get me wrong i havent strayed yet but sure if i had an off day that would be it for me. I love it that you're not gutted with 3.5lb off (which is fab loss by the way) as I know I would be gutted as I'm still feeling deprived and am very impatient! I want all your good vibes to filter over to me please -- i must be patient...i must be patient... i must be.... --

Happy Anniversary hope you have a superb day. Xx

Day 16

Yesterday went well. Hubby took me out for a couple of drinks in the afternoon - 1 double vodka & diet coke (had to get another bother of diet coke to water it down!) and 1 glass of champagne. Felt a bit 3 sheets to the wind after that...I'm pretty sure that a 3rd drink would have sent my over the edge into very drunk! Food was strange as I was actually missing the packs. Probably something to do with not really having to think with a pack plus there's no messing about with portion sizes etc. There was an element of habit and learned previous behaviour yesterday but I just stopped and thought for a few seconds. I didn't eat anywhere near what I would have done previously and some of the things weren't touched, which I was pleased about. The combination of alcohol and food made me very, very sleepy so I had a nap on the sofa :)

However, I paid for my indulgences last night as my gallstones decided to give me a warning. It wasn't a full-on, 'would rather give birth than have this' attack but it was enough and kept waking me up. So I'm very tired today and feeling out of sorts and also a bit sick. I'm just going to stick to shakes today in the hope things calm down properly.

My keto stix have arrived but obviously I won't be trying them for a few days until I get back on track. Oh - stopping smoking today hasn't happened. By the time I'd remembered what I was supposed to be doing, I'd already smoked - d'oh! Will do it tomorrow instead.

Bubble - thank you for your lovely comments :) I know what you mean about feeling deprived and being gutted over the losses not being big enough but I've done a proper weight-loss plan before and was successful (shame I couldn't control myself once I'd hit target!!) I know how my body reacts to being deprived initially and it doesn't like it! It really is a case of being patient and waiting it out. We didn't put weight on suddenly so we won't take it off suddenly either ;)

Shark - thanks for your good wishes :) Seeing the numbers go down is a great incentive to keep on-plan!

As for the bracelet - hope to be wearing it in the next week or so ;)

Hi Mrs Fitz

I am feeling so encouraged by your diary. You are doing so well. I'm impressed you managed alcohol. I've hear that alcohol on a VLCD can make people feel really unwell within minutes of starting to drink.

Gallstones do not sound like fun, I hope they calm down soon. I also hope that you have a great weekend and manage to catch up on some sleep.

Keep us posted on how getting back on track goes.

Back