I'd like an honest opinion please

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
OK... Here goes...

I had a really bad day yesterday, not in terms of food, because I managed to stay strong... but just in general. I won't go into detail but I had arranged to see a guy I've been kinda seeing on/off and then at about 4pm(ish) he decided he was too busy. Later on last night I found out (from him) that he has managed to get another chick preggers. Great.

Anyway, after quite a bit of crying and whatever else... and a kick up the arse from some mates today... I have come to the realisation that it was never going to happen between us and that I am probably lucky for not being the chick he got pregnant.

However... I have really been thinking about the whole diet thing today, and telling myself how well I have done. I have craved all types of foods... and really just want a drink. A double JD sounds good.

It's day 92 of foundation, and hopefully I am going to lose another 7lbs over the next 8 days so that I reach 5 stones in 100 days. Despite whether I reach that goal or not I am determined to stick to it for the next 8 days. But I really want a decent break from the programme because I feel like I am missing out on the social aspect of things with some of my dearest friends.

I am thinking, that after my day 100 weigh in, I take a week off-plan and get my head in the right place... in the sense of... just have time to catch up with friends... get that intial buzz for the diet that I had at the beginning... start afresh and have some goals set to aim for. At the moment I just feel like although I set mini-goals and have the big goal to aim for... I keep eating and sabotaging the whole thing and it just isn't working right now.

I would like to know your views... thanks all xx :eek:

Hi Claire,

I know i'm doing CD and not LL but I do have a good friend who did LL. She did it religiously for 100 days and then thought she'd be ok to have a break. She went back on a few weeks later but couldn't stick to it, she's trying CD with me now but just can't do it and in the mean time she'd put a lot of her weight back on.

My opinion but this is easy to say at day 15 is that you should try to do your best to stick with it. I think eating normally will sabotage you in a much worse way than you doing to yourself, in that you won't be able to get your head back in the game.

Sod the bloke, don't let him get in the way of your already fabulous achievement. You've done fantastically and just think of the blokes you'll be pulling when you've got the confidence you'll get at your target weight. The guy will be toast and no doubt begging.

Stick with it Hun, I know you can do it!

:hug99:

Hi Claire,

I know i'm doing CD and not LL but I do have a good friend who did LL. She did it religiously for 100 days and then thought she'd be ok to have a break. She went back on a few weeks later but couldn't stick to it, she's trying CD with me now but just can't do it and in the mean time she'd put a lot of her weight back on.

My opinion but this is easy to say at day 15 is that you should try to do your best to stick with it. I think eating normally will sabotage you in a much worse way than you doing to yourself, in that you won't be able to get your head back in the game.

Sod the bloke, don't let him get in the way of your already fabulous achievement. You've done fantastically and just think of the blokes you'll be pulling when you've got the confidence you'll get at your target weight. The guy will be toast and no doubt begging.

Stick with it Hun, I know you can do it!

:hug99:

You know... I can totally understand where ur cumin from and thats what has made me struggle already. Eating at Xmas threw me off track and I have struggled since. I have lost weight but not asmuch as I could do because there hasn't been one week since Xmas where I haven't had SOMETHING. I need to get my disapline back, and I want the feeling I had when I first started... excited to be doing it, happy to be making a change. But I just haven't felt that for about a week now :(

Hi Claire
I too am doing CD BUT I did try out LL - I found that the whole ''sign a pledge for 100 abstinance thing'' almost like being handed a prison sentence that was open ended for the outcome when you ''finished''. If you take a week off - it may be the most important week, I am not sure what the maintenance week is now but it used to be 4 paks and chicken, so any week off you take other than that you may feel like you dont wanna go back.
You say having a week off almost like its a reward, which it wont be if you come out of ketosis etc (I'm hazarding a guess here tho hun....)
The bloke things has merely triggered off you signals and set your emotions running and flicked a switch, you can switch it back off hun - you know all the processes.
There but for the grace of god - that its not you preggers and that he's been seeing someone else etc.... Not a great start for a baby to be brought into the world, again a sign of the times.
Maybe you could have a week of almost like an AAW/790 you only need to check through posts - at least that way you will be incorporating food back into your life without it taking over or not as the case maybe!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, hon, its got to be your decision....but....

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea. :( I think you even said in a post recently you suggested to someone not to come off the wagon, relating to your lapse a Christmas, then saying how hard it was for you to get back on.

Abstaining is a tough commitment, but I think it makes it even more difficult going on and off it. You have acheived so much, it would be a shame for you to get bungled up in time off, and then struggling to get back on.

All those things will be there when you are done...the JD...better guys then this one....all sorts.

just think long and hard and honestly......bbut personally I would say stay the course, and finish the job. BUt honey, at the end ot hte day its your decision and you must do what is right for you and waht you know you can handle.

Good luck with your thoughts babe.

xx

Well I think you should really really think about how far you've come.
Think about the weight you've lost.
Think about how different you already look, and how much your body has already changed.
Remember the good feeling of having a fantastic weight loss.
Remind yourself of the feeling of power when you know you've stuck to it religiously.
Think about how much your body will change if you stick at it for another 100 days.
Remember thinking how 100 days was a lifetime and how you've made it through and i'll bet it didn't seem that long after all.
I think if you get your head back in the game, redirect your thoughts and energy from men and to the diet. You'll be a supermodel before you know it hun!!

I know you can do it, because you already have!!!
X

NO NO NO!!!

Please don't take a break!

I did LL religiously for 6 months and lost 6 stone. They say the first time is the golden time and "they" are right. I stopped attending LL for reasons beyond my control and it is one of my biggest regrets. 18 months and 3 stone back on later I wish I'd been able to complete the journey till the end.

Forget about that guy - he never deserved you anyway. It must be tough, we can't help how we feel (ach tell me about it - I can't talk about relationships - mine are a mess). But please don't fail during this hard time, no matter how tempting it seems.

Sending you strong and positive vibes :vibes:

:cry:

I've got so long to go... I want to go out and have a good time with my friends... I want to be how I was... drinking, dancing, laughing, joking... and that ain't gunna happen if I'm sat there with sparkling water.

I'm 21... and I just feel like I'm missing out on so much

Get your violins out... This reminds me of our session the other week... Give me a moment to play the victim :sigh:

Hon....I know it feels like that - but you are only missing months - a mere fraction of time in your life to come.

I have missed out on 25+ years of good times because I got fat. Trust me- that is far worse then missing a few months te get slim. Honest.:) Its a blink of an eye in time - I know it must feel forever to you, but its not.

Would it not be better to stick it out and get it sorted and then have years and years and years to laugh dance party drink, etc?

Surely you can still laugh and dance and have fun with just water. It's not just booze that makes a good time, is it? :( :)

I just want to see you suceed!!! Be careful. :)

Claire, think about how much happiere you'll be partying, dancing, drinking, laughing and joking with your mates when you are happy with yourself.
I know what you're saying though because after 2 weeks I already feel the same. lol!

I know myself i'd like to go out drinking and having fun, but I know more i'd like to be my target weight and have confidence in how I look. I don't think there'll be any better feeling in the world than reaching my target weight and stepping out on the town in my new outfit that's smaller than i'd ever have imagined. It's almost a dream but one we both know we want to achieve.

Like someone has said though of course it is up to you. If you do decide to take a week out be careful and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you and still be here with all of the support and achievement we can give to get you back on track!

Claire - you really dont HAVE to drink to go out and dance your socks off all night with your mates??????????????????? My mates find they drink less with me, I end up better off as they ALL bung me a fiver for driving - which assists in purchasing more clothes for the ever decreasing wardrobe!

I think you need to get your thoughts round the fact that this is not a prison sentence, you have chosen a route to happiness which is a little different from conventional - if you were allergic to booze you couldnt drink it if you were out!

You cant live your life the whole time you are on this programme not going out - dip your toe in and see how you feel on a night out bopping til you drop, drinking loads of water and waking up the next day feeling fine! Rather than hungover and needing to eat grease and carbs all day (or is that just me who used to do that)...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's OK, I can understand where you are coming from. But think of it this way. For the week you take off you are wasting £66 (or whatever LL is these days) plus what it takes to get back into ketosis. You are also risking not being able to get back into LL at all. Please believe me when I say it is really hard! I know that if your mind is set that nothing I can say will make a difference. At 21 I remember how fabulous my social life was and I doubt I could have done anything so extreme, but it will be worth it in the end.

You need to weigh up what you want most - a night out or continued weight loss. I'm not preaching, just make sure you are sure of your decisions and your reasons - don't do anything rash or make any snap decisions.

Only you can make the decision but realise that we are all here to help and support you whatever you chose :)

I would have given anything when I was younger to have found a plan like this, that can sort it out so quickly. You don;t want to make the same mistakes many of us have Claire....bouncing back and forth from one diet to another. That wreaks havoc on your body, your mind and your soul. It can start a lifetime of ups and downs with your weight. Each success followed by defeat, and then ack again, on and off....its a HORRIBLE life. HORRIBLE. I can't stress that enough. If you think this is hard, its nowhere near as hard as looking back over your life and realising what you missed out on because you were constantly battling your weight AND your self esteem. The lows I reached at times were of such depths ....sigh....I would;t wish them on anyone. You have a rare opportunity to sort this, now, while you are young. And then you have your life ahead of you to do whatever you want. If you complete this you will have such and amazing empowerment to do anything you want with yourlife.

If you take a week off, you MUST face the reality, that you may never be able to get back on track. That leaves the only option of putting all your weightback on. I amnot saying you will - but you must realise that is a very real possibbility.....a risk I for one would never dare take.

I think hon, you just need to make up your mind, and then stick to whatever decision you makel. I just wish I could somehow give you a glimpse of my past, that could be your future if not careful.....Its a sad and lonley life being the fat one year upon year upon year. It eats you up inside.

Just choose very carefully. XXXX

Claire first things first you know we will support you in whatever you choose to do - and we do have your best interests at heart.

I so want you not to take a break - I've been there only last year. I really believed that after losing almost 6 stone that I could have this 'break' and then get back onto it and it is so not that easy. I've now done another 5 weeks (took me 3 long months to get back onto it) and I am now after 5 weeks 1stone 12lbs heavier than I was after stopping it.

It is so difficult, not physically but mentally to get right back into it.

I've been overweight now for almost 20 years and I'd hate you to have to go through your 20's and 30's in anyway like I have rather than sticking to this for a few more months and then spending them slim.

By summer you'll be at your goal, you'll feel so much better and you can go out and do exactly what you want to do - whereas if you stop now you'll spend your time wishing that you were at the place where you'd be if you hadn't given it a break.

You're a really, clever and sensible girl so please do think long and hard about this .......... and also think what advice you would give to someone if you had just read your post.

(((hugs)))

Thanks for all ur posts... there won't be any rash decisions made because no matter what I decide I'll be on plan 100% for the next 8 days. I'm taking it day by day and when I get there I will make a conscious decision.

Thanks though. I think its bed time. I need to have another 3 more packs yet :(

I'm like that tonight Claire - just had a soup and am about to have a banana custard and nut crunch.

Good on you for thinking it all through - you'll do what's right for you :)

I'm like that tonight Claire - just had a soup and am about to have a banana custard and nut crunch.

Good on you for thinking it all through - you'll do what's right for you :)

banana custard... yum :)

I think its a mega chocolate shake 4 me... guna warm it up cos its bloody freezin!

Will pop on tomorrow before WI to see whats happenin! hopefully i'll be in a better mood x

Hi Claire

I agree with all the other posts, please try and stick to it. It is so much harder if you break the abstinence and start to eat without the rules of maintenance to help. I am about to finish my second 100 days and I havent broke abstinence once. Now I am not blowing my own trumpet here because I didnt think I would be able to do it for a week let alone for 200 days, but the weight has come off so quickly and I have seen other girls who havent stuck to the abstinence and have found it so difficult because they have constantly felt hungary because they werent in ketosis.

I probably have another 100 days to go as I have about another 4 stone to loose but having started this journey I dont want to fail before I get to that goal of being a normal weight and BMI (and hopefully look like a yummy mummy at my daughter's wedding in July).

I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life and I am scared to death of eating actually in case I start the process off again so that is actually what keeps me abstinent. So try and keep going Claire it is worth it and just think about all those fellas who will be flocking around you, that other guy can eat his heart out :D. As you say you are only 21, go out with your mates, bet you can pretend you are plonked whilst drinking your water and you will feel so much more confident because you look like a million dollars.

Keep going Claire you can do it, time passes quickly and come a few more months you will have the fellas queing up to take you out.

:scale::happy096:

For your liver's sake, I would advise that you stick to either diet coke/pepsi or a pineapple juice & soda with ice & a slice (my tipple) when you're out with your mates.

If your mates try to lead you astray and get you to drink alcohol and/or sugary stuff, just mumble something about hepatic steatosis! Nige x

For your liver's sake, I would advise that you stick to either diet coke/pepsi or a pineapple juice & soda with ice & a slice (my tipple) when you're out with your mates.

If your mates try to lead you astray and get you to drink alcohol and/or sugary stuff, just mumble something about hepatic steatosis! Nige x

Nige - are you actually doing Lighter Life? I think you must not be because much of what you are suggesting in your posts is not allowed. :) :confused:

Back