I'd like to lose it, lose it!

tizzy51 said:
My CDC is back from Ibiza looking all tan and relaxed. Clearly she had a good time - tho' not in the wild, blow-out fashion one might imagine - she is a married woman with kids after all! :)

Lost 3lbs this week. I should be really pleased, and some of me is. But it was a hard week. Was really good on CD, except for Friday which I knew would be a business dinner out. Even then, I asked for a dinner with no/lo carbs and ate just the protein and some veg. Refused dessert as they couldn't do something lo carb. So happy I was able to manage that. The struggle has been that I pretty much increased in weight every day by 0.1kg, couldn't go to the loo and ended up taking lax 3d in a row to finally get some relief! Was drinking water like crazy, taking fibre supplements, adding flax seeds to shakes and soups. :sigh: Timing is everything in that if all finally worked yesterday, but am now beginning to think I only lose when I go to the loo.

Points to celebrate:
- altho' I was bumming all week, I stuck to it. Yay! However, if this is how it's going to be - a struggle all week mentally to stay on despite STS'ing, having to use loads of laxatives for relief, I'm not sure how long I can stick it. Have 10 weeks to go til my trip to US...

- when I was skyping with my brother Sat he asked me if I had lost weight cause I looked like I had. :) Told him he had to see for himself this summer when I come over. However, I might have to have a "problem" with my skype video if I want to surprise him and my father.

OK - time to refocus: 1) did well last week, stayed on CD and (finally) lost 3lbs! 2) this week is going to be a good week - sticking with it 100% 3) am going to manage social event as well as managed dinner last week - no wine, no carbs

Here's to a great week for me and for all of you as well!!!

Woohoo go you! 3lbs is brilliant! You are doing SO well - 10 weeks is a long time for you to keep going and really wow them when you are in the states! It's great having something to aim towards and if seeing those scales go down ain't motivation I don't know what is! :) xxx

Thanks all! Scales haven't budged since Monday :sigh: so am drinking water like crazy and hoping for a woosh!!!

How odd! Plenty of time for them to budge before W.I though so don't worry now!

Well, I never really got a woosh, despite all attempts at it. However, yesterday's weigh-in was 1.5lb down, so I should be pleased with that. It seems the loss is going slower, despite my being stricter on CD, which is annoying and frustrating. I want to go wild and eat all the stuff I haven't touched in ages...happily as a counterbalance, I really want the loss and so I'm sticking to CD. So...back to frustration. :sigh:

The positive - lost 10.5lb in last 4wks. Not a stone, but not bad. And *much* more than it would have been not on CD.

Other than that, not much to report. As many of you know, the diet gets routine unless one hits a blip or a social/emotional challenge. Checked out a local swimming pool yesterday and might start doing laps to shake up my workout (it's easier to think of these things when the weather warms up). Am also going to check out a local gym so I can train on their treadmills and ellipticals...my stationary bike is great, but gets boring and I need to shake things up a bit.

Apart from tonight/tomorrow, the weather this week is supposed to be great - warm and sunny! Need to break out the shorts and expose my blindingly white legs to the sun ... in the privacy of my garden of course! :)

Last edited:
Well done on your loss hun, its still a great one. Its just unfortunate and frustrating that as we get closer to our goals the loss slows down!
10.5lbs in a month is fantastic though so you should be very proud!

Make sure you get out there and enjoy the sun today for those of us stuck in an office ;)

Heya tizzy, well done on the loss its still a loss and a gd one overall in 4 weeks.whig is Brill, I know what u mean about things getting boring, I was thinking of going back to aqua aerobics as I used to love it and may help tone me up, am noticing the loose skin on my bingo wings now so am getting a bit worried! Go out in the sunshine and get some sun! Have a lovely day and well done xxx

Well, I never really got a woosh, despite all attempts at it. However, yesterday's weigh-in was 1.5lb down, so I should be pleased with that. It seems the loss is going slower, despite my being stricter on CD, which is annoying and frustrating. I want to go wild and eat all the stuff I haven't touched in ages...happily as a counterbalance, I really want the loss and so I'm sticking to CD. So...back to frustration. :sigh:

The positive - lost 10.5lb in last 4wks. Not a stone, but not bad. And *much* more than it would have been not on CD.

Other than that, not much to report. As many of you know, the diet gets routine unless one hits a blip or a social/emotional challenge. Checked out a local swimming pool yesterday and might start doing laps to shake up my workout (it's easier to think of these things when the weather warms up). Am also going to check out a local gym so I can train on their treadmills and ellipticals...my stationary bike is great, but gets boring and I need to shake things up a bit.

Apart from tonight/tomorrow, the weather this week is supposed to be great - warm and sunny! Need to break out the shorts and expose my blindingly white legs to the sun ... in the privacy of my garden of course! :)

Tizzy - WOW! 10.5lbs in a month at this stage is brilliant! Well done! I've only lost 6lbs in the last 4 weeks - you're putting me to shame, I'll have to up my game :p xxx

:giggle: Awww thanks ladies! Your support means a lot to me!

How are u today hun?

Bumming! Compared to when I started I am following CD almost religiously and watching the scale go up/down by 0.1kg. So far this week on 500cal/day I've managed to...STS! It is sooo depressing. I know the losses slow down after a while, but I still have over 20lbs to go! :sigh:

So - off to drink a few litres of water, work in the garden and walk the dog. It's so hot that all I'm having are shakes - strawberry shake for breakfast, mmm.

PS Sorry about that. Am having a little pity party here. Am basically very concerned that if it is going to continue to be slow and difficult that I won't stay the course. It is amazing how much influence and motivation good weight losses provide! A big part of why we're all on CD vs other diets, I suspect.

Ahh hunni are u having enough water, still doing the excercise? I does suck when it doesn't come off as quick as u would like, stop jumping on the scales and do it once a week? It is not doing u any good!!! Keep going and don't give up xxx

Hi Tizzy hope you're doing ok. Can completely feel for you there with ridiculous scale results but shant go into it on your thread haha. Idont think the lovely hot weather helps, might need upping that water a little more, it'll come off and you've been doing marvellously missus dont you forget that!!!!Hope youve got something lovely planned for the rest of the weekend xx

Had a weigh-in today and a little chat with my CDC. The weigh-in, despite all my griping earlier this week, was ok - lost 2lbs. My CDC did say that your weight loss does slow down, partly to give your body a chance to catch up and partly because you have less to lose. For my 810 week she suggested eating the meal in the afternoon vs evening, told me not to have any salt or carbs and wished me luck! :) Funny, but on her scales my BMI has now moved into the overweight range vs obese, but on a straight BMI calculator I'm still just shy of overweight. Whatever - it's all heading in the right direction!

Now to go dig out a couple of sweaters - it is much cooler here today and I'm feeling it!

Well done on the loss hunni that's great and gd luck on your 810 week I am sure u will do great!!! Still lovely and sunny here although we are menstrual to be having thunderstorms today!

Well done on the loss hunni that's great and gd luck on your 810 week I am sure u will do great!!! Still lovely and sunny here although we are menstrual to be having thunderstorms today!

That is an interesting turn of phrase ... menstrual and having thunderstorms?? Sounds turbulent! :) Stay safe!

tizzy51 said:
That is an interesting turn of phrase ... menstrual and having thunderstorms?? Sounds turbulent! :) Stay safe!

Lol was supposed to say meant to be! Silly phone! Still lovely and hot here!!!

Tizzy, I am glad I have found your diary as my weight losses are similar to yours. I am sticking to SS but am not losing a stone a month. I am finding it very hard to keep positive at the moment. Just jumped on the scales and I don't seem to have lost anything this week - Weigh in is tomorrow. I notice you are exercising - I don't know how you manage as I am exhausted most of the time. Are you doing 3 or 4 packs per day?

Hi Daisy. I'm doing 3 packs/day, but on the days I workout I add a hardboiled egg or a piece of chicken, as agreed with my CDC. Otherwise I find I get quite dizzy on those days! :) I was exercising before I started CD and Ihave a lot of muscle mass which I don't want to lose. I guess I'm used to the exercise so am not exhausted by it.

When I saw my CDC yesterday I griped a bit about how slow the losses are. She suggested not eating at night, making sure I don't add salt to anything, etc. And she pointed out, correctly, that every body is different and that while not super rapid, I have had a good weight loss. As have you I see - 49lbs if I'm not mistaken! Woo hoo!!!

The other thing I tell myself is that without CD I would still be at my start weight or higher. Can't really argue with that. So, slow or not, I'm sticking it out and will get there in the end. I read on someone else's diary, and it has stuck with me, you can't fail if you don't quit. And I really, really don't want to fail!

Hang in there - you've done fantastic and you're sooooo close to goal. You can do this!

Thanks Tizzy. Of course after my moan I lost 3 lbs this week. I had chat with CDC who said that I was losing more slowly than most and she suggested spacing out my packs as I have 2 together. I think I will have to increase the amount of exercise I do - walking a bit further than the distance from my front door to my car! I am a bit of a couch potato. But I have still lost 52lbs which is more than I have ever lost on a diet. I think I should try and stop fixating on the numbers and keep trying clothes on as they get looser every week.

Back