Idea to cheer yourself up when things go unexpected <3

gabrielchase2222

Hi all

I've had a peek through the forum so I post something new. Please forgive me if this has been covered before.

The latest issue of the Slimming World magazine has a great idea in it about writing on a bit of paper and putting it in a jar whenever you feel positive or happy etc.

Well on Monday I put on a pound to my horror and I was really down. I didn't want to talk in group and I asked my consultant to put in a 2 week holiday so I could take some pressure off.

I remembered about the jar and thought I would have a look to cheer me up. Well that really gave me such a boost!!! I hadn't just been writing once a day I had done it every time I felt great which is a lot generally so I read all these amazing uplifting comments that I had wrote.

It was absolutely the best thing ever because I had wrote about not needing to take medication any more and how I'm so proud of myself. It was just what I needed!!!

So I would suggest that you do the same just in case you get an unexpected blip so you can read them and be so inspired :)

I'm going to fill up my jar with even more and the next time I will have even more to read - it took me 20 minutes to read them all

I thought I would share because it really meant the world to me <3

I love this idea! I have really been struggling with my weight for a while, over the past year really. I have started and failed so many times I was seriously thinking of giving up. The only reason I haven't is I'm scared of putting on even more weight. I'm going to give this a go and maybe add in the reasons why I want to lose the weight. So next time I want to pack it all in I can give myself a boost. Thank you! x

That's a lovely idea, and one I think I will try :) I struggle with self-esteem, and this sounds a good way to remind myself that I can feel about myself. Thank you for sharing x

I love this idea! I have really been struggling with my weight for a while, over the past year really. I have started and failed so many times I was seriously thinking of giving up. The only reason I haven't is I'm scared of putting on even more weight. I'm going to give this a go and maybe add in the reasons why I want to lose the weight. So next time I want to pack it all in I can give myself a boost. Thank you! x

Kay I lost 3 stone 2 years ago then had ONE bad result and left in a huff. 3 1/2 stone heavier, I started again then again and again so I'm absolutely with you on that one :) Just keep trying and even if it takes time like mine is, just keep chipping away at it and you will do brilliantly and at least you won't put more weight on <3

That's a lovely idea, and one I think I will try :) I struggle with self-esteem, and this sounds a good way to remind myself that I can feel about myself. Thank you for sharing x

No worries :) have a look at some of the buddy threads because there are a few people who need some kind words and you might make some new friends :) I know I have <3

No worries :) have a look at some of the buddy threads because there are a few people who need some kind words and you might make some new friends :) I know I have <3

It's good you have made new friends on here :) I shall have a look at a few different threads, as well as the ones I already post in :) x

Kay I lost 3 stone 2 years ago then had ONE bad result and left in a huff. 3 1/2 stone heavier, I started again then again and again so I'm absolutely with you on that one :) Just keep trying and even if it takes time like mine is, just keep chipping away at it and you will do brilliantly and at least you won't put more weight on <3

Thank you for this, sometimes it feels like everyone is doing great apart from me! good to know I'm not on my own!

That jar idea is brilliant.
I could have really done with that for the last stone, my journey has been rather bumpy lately and I was SO tempted to pack it in! :(
The only thing that kept me going was the fact I felt better health-wise and the fact that I get a fuzzy feeling when people notice my losses :D

Great idea! thanks for sharing! :)

I've been a bit down lately as I was frustraited with the SW plan and finding it difficult - especially this time of year when there's loads of cakes/chocolates in the office and Christmas parties and I'm trying my best to stick to plan, but not being totally honest with myself on what I'm having (going over syns etc) so I've been down about it.

I'm definitely taking your idea on board. A friend recently told me to also try this: At the end of each day think of at least 3 positive things to make you smile that day. It doesn't have to be weight related but simple things such as a walk at lunchtime in the sunshine, or someone making you laugh, or a note from a special friend, etc etc.. I'm trying this out at the moment and it does help!

Good luck everyone & happy thoughts! :) xxxx

What a great idea!

phoenix girl, don't EVER give up!!! You've lost at least SEVEN stone already!!! That's astonishing! Don't throw it all away!

Back