Ideas for doing LT while in work

Hi there - been travelling with work on Thursday and Friday - so that made it interesting!!! Had to sit through two meetings with trays of sandwiches, battered things on sticks with dips, fruits etc etc etc Managed not be tempted and chased off afterwards to have my chocy shake! Told everyone I wasnt hungry has I had a big breakfast....I was usually the one tucking in to all the goodies...so I felt great. First weight in on Monday and I will definately try one of flapjacks...and give you all my verdict!
Bea
PS Thanks Sonkie for pulling the treads togethers - am new a near virgin to these type site (all feedback really appreciated)

Hi there - been travelling with work on Thursday and Friday - so that made it interesting!!! Had to sit through two meetings with trays of sandwiches, battered things on sticks with dips, fruits etc etc etc Managed not be tempted and chased off afterwards to have my chocy shake! Told everyone I wasnt hungry has I had a big breakfast....I was usually the one tucking in to all the goodies...so I felt great. First weight in on Monday and I will definately try one of flapjacks...and give you all my verdict!
Bea
PS Thanks Sonkie for pulling the treads togethers - am new a near virgin to these type site (all feedback really appreciated)

Go Bea! Well done for getting through those meetings withut eating the food! I bet you felt so chuffed for doing that :) I shall await your verdict on hte flapjack with bated breath!!!

V tempted to have one today just to see, but I'm only on day 5 so do you think I should wait till next week?

My chemist said that you were "allowed" to have them till the second week? So if you have only two days to go maybe wait...I should have asked why...will definately try one next week...Sonkie said she liked them so thats good enough for me to try them - it would be great for me for lunch times at work! This is my last post of the morning...need to get shopping!!

Yes, my chemist said not till week 2 for the flapjacks.... I shall try to hold off till then!!

Happy Shopping!!

.Sonkie said she liked them so thats good enough for me to try them

Did I .......???????
rofl....lol.....!
I just want to know what you think of them. I couldnt stand them....lol. Though aparently if you warm them a little they are supposed to be better but I cant see how....lol.

yes 2 weeks until trying them, just so you can settle into the diet ....or you may think you can just eat anything.

Did I .......???????
rofl....lol.....!
I just want to know what you think of them. I couldnt stand them....lol. Though aparently if you warm them a little they are supposed to be better but I cant see how....lol.
:(...really sorry for misquoting you...I had read a thread a couple of days or so back I thought I remembered it was you....will re-read and see who said they were ok! And thanks for the tip! Bea

AAAAAARGH!! OK - confession time. I have just spent the last hour or two feeling desperately upset about this whole LT thing, and thinking that I REALLY REALLY cant do it. Friends kept emailing me about what they were going to have for lunch and talking about wine and I just felt that was so awful and unkind of them.

So... I know you are not supposed to do this till week 2, but I am currently eating a flapjack. THE RELIEF! I have food on a plate. And it has peanuts in it. Sonya, I know you dont like these but oh hell, I love it. I can chew. Its gorgeous. Its peanutty. I love peanuts. I have been saved by a flapjack... till next time I guess... :sigh:

Must be the weather!!! Just back from shopping and it was a bad idea to go!!! Found it all a bit too much not buying my ususal food, got stuck in traffic and could have eaten the steering wheel by the time I got into my ouse!! Home now with 6 bottles of sparkling water in the fidge and tucking into my strawberry shake....delighted that you like the flapjack cant wait till monday...really want something to munch.. DONT LOOSE FAITH...I bought a weighing sales in Boots and have lost 8lbs and its only Day 6!!!!

Oh no, sounds like a shopping trip from hell! Poor you... but very good about the scales and the 8lb off, thats just brill.

I'm just about to get changed and go to Tescos... slightly nervous about seeing all the food, but looking forward to trying to find exciting-looking bottles of fizzy water and perhaps some nettle tea. Hmmm.....

I just felt I had to eat the flapjack to be able to eat some solid food - well, better to do that than to fall off the wagon I guess...

Sonya, I know you dont like these but oh hell, I love it. I can chew. Its gorgeous. Its peanutty. I love peanuts. I have been saved by a flapjack... till next time I guess... :sigh:

I told you different people have different tastes, so glad you like them and if it has stopped you raiding the kitchen then I say go for it...though dont forget to drink extra water with the flapjack as you are not getting the fluids from a drink.

I remembered my extra water! :cool:

Just went to Tescos but they didnt have the Listerine strips :( so have ordered some from the states on ebay... hey ho. Actually Tescos didnt have much useful stuff - no nettle or dandelion tea either! What's a girl to do, eh?!

What does Nettle or Dandelion tea do? Or do you just like the taste? Peppermint is quiet nice and as far as I know fine to drink on the diet? I found shopping a bit strange not loading my trolley with goodies! Well done for not falling off the wagon!

Oooh Bea I have no idea what they taste like. I'm just wanting a *different* taste lol!! I weighed again this morning nad another 0.5lb is gone. I know its best not to weigh every day but just to keep me going I think I need to weigh more than once a week.

I felt odd at Tescos too, its weird... just fizzy water, coffee and Listerine!

What are you up to today?? and where is everyone?! Think I might gatecrash the other forums :)

Morning!! Just logged on...feeling full when I woke up this am which is weird...totally new experience. I was looking at the some other other forums comments about CD -v- LT which were interesting as most commentary was there is some much more variety on CD.

Sonkie - is that your experience too??

I still have the LT DVD from the Chemist and looked at it again last night....it went on about trying to "remove the memory of food" and that was there reason for justifying the lack of taste...feel a bit cynical about that.

Anyway...hope you manage to track down some teas - seriously would recommend Peppermint (if you like minty sort of things)....

Back