Ideas for eating at work??

pinkiepie

hi, i'm having a real problem with having my shake at work. there is nowhere at work tht i can make my shake up and as i am really not ready for people to knw (& have an opinion on) the diet i am doing i am not able to make it up at my desk. my 1st thought was to make it up in the morning & take it in a flask but as they have to be consumed within 15mins this isn't an option. I did get some flapjacks today at WI but after having my 1st today i'm not sure i can stomach them. Any ideas PLEASE!

cant you go for a walk and and get a shaker they do a fine job but dont use HOT water in them

yeah u going to have to get a bottle of water and then just go for a walk or go to the loo and make ur shake and down it....

OR...

I know i do this somedays and its fine with me - have a shake in the morning - and then dont have another to u go home and then have your third one before bed...?

OR

buy a chip buttie?

:D

im sure u can figure something out!

x

cheers, i have done the toilet idea before, although there is something a bit wrong about being in a cubicle, especially when there is some1 in the next one along & they can hear you shaking fluid & gluggin it down!!

Get one of those maximuscle protein shake cups from tescos, the ones they use for weightlifters/gym freaks.

Then just tell your colleagues you are working out and it is a protein drink for the gym :)

I'm lucky enough to have very supportive work colleagues so i've never had a problem with my shakes at work xx

Thanks guys,
wish i had collegues like tht, i works with generally much older people who i am sure would have nothing positive to say about this diet.

You're probably right, once they know i suppose it would'nt be a problem having my shake at work & even if they dont have anything positive to say it isn't going to stop me from doing the diet. esspecially when they see the results!!

For the first few days my boss sat and watched me drink my shake like i was some kind of freak show! so i sat n watched her eat chips n gravy just sat n stared and when she commented i was staring.I pointed out she had been watching me "eat" for the past 4 days and it had pee'd me off.. The other girls are not bothered and just get on with eating their lunch or gabbing away to me. I have a screw top tupperware beaker for work If you get one with a decent seal it works. I just go in the kitchen like im making a brew stick the powder in throw water in from the cooler, stick the lid on and shake like mad till there are no lumps, I usually down it quickly in the kitchen then go out for a walk.

Hi Pinkie,

That is one reason I went for flapjacks as they don't require any preparation.

If you don't want to let your colleagues know (only one of mine does) then try Gene's idea. I have a screw top Tupperware cup which I use sometimes, or look on eBay for a Tupperware "Quickshake". It looks like a cocktail shaker and is really easy to use.

I think Gemma and Medea sometimes drink theirs in the car. I tried making mine in the car but it just didn't do it for me!

x

I think i'll give the flapjacks another go as i do think tht it would be easier, i tried my 1st flapjack today & i wasnt keen. not because of the taste but the dense texture more then anything, after 2 weeks of no chewing they are realy hard to get through

I was recommended to cut them into small pieces to eat. I never have a knife at work so I break off small pieces and eat them (with lots of water) slowly. It works for me. No one has ever sussed what I am eating - they just think it is a cereal bar.

x

I was recommended to cut them into small pieces to eat. I never have a knife at work so I break off small pieces and eat them (with lots of water) slowly. It works for me. No one has ever sussed what I am eating - they just think it is a cereal bar.

x

me too, small bits, loads of water, its a breeze, strangely they are actually my fave thing now

Hi hun

I had the same problem with work. Tried the flapjacks (nuff said!) So what I do now is have 1 shake before I go to work then during the day I drink water, coffee, or tea (black). Then I have another shake as soon as I get home and the last shake between 8 & 9 pm. It seems OK :)

I think some of the best advice has come from some of the more 'experienced' forum members. Why should we be forced to go and sit in the toilet to eat your lunch ? you wouldn't eat a sandwich whilst sitting in there would you ?
I work with all men and I must admit they haven't given me any stick.. in fact one of their partners has also started doing the diet and now we share tips etc.
We don't make comments when someone eats fish and chips in front of us so why should anyone have the right to say anything about our regimes ?
Just my opinion !

cheers, i have done the toilet idea before, although there is something a bit wrong about being in a cubicle, especially when there is some1 in the next one along & they can hear you shaking fluid & gluggin it down!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hilarious!

Sometimes I make up my shake in a quiet room, sometimes I pop out (esp. if its sunny). I used to make excuses not to buy sandwiches when the person selling came round, or not to go to lunch. Only yesterday I told a colleague I was on LT and she was supportive. You'll find a way :)

Yup, Medea and I run down to my car every lunch break and have our shakes there. It's very difficult where we work given that we know a lot of people will be extremely negative about LT and I'm not at a place yet where I can just look at myself in the mirror and feel great despite what they say. There's no such quiet room or kitchen where we work and we work with hundreds upon hundreds of other people so trying to find a quiet space is nigh on impossible. Hence the car idea, but I do understand that this is not suitable for everyone. We do look pretty funny when we're both shaking up our bottles and the car is a'rocking!! :D

Yup, Medea and I run down to my car every lunch break and have our shakes there. It's very difficult where we work given that we know a lot of people will be extremely negative about LT and I'm not at a place yet where I can just look at myself in the mirror and feel great despite what they say. There's no such quiet room or kitchen where we work and we work with hundreds upon hundreds of other people so trying to find a quiet space is nigh on impossible. Hence the car idea, but I do understand that this is not suitable for everyone. We do look pretty funny when we're both shaking up our bottles and the car is a'rocking!! :D

lol

Back