Identity - who am I?

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
As I go through this journey - it amazes me how much my weight is a part of my identity.
I have pictured who I want to be for so many years - what if I never make it? What if I don't like me when I get there? What if my fiance doesn't?

Weight influences so many things - look, confidence, clothing, style, other peoples attitude.

I feel under-prepared and overwhelmed.

Anyone else having an identity crisis?

I've had brief flashes of a similar thing recently, got close to 2 women who i've known since I was 16 (Am now 22) and I was 27st back then, always been friendly with them both (one more than the other) but recently after a few nights out they've both been trying to "hook up" with me (for want of a better word)

This has left me a little bit puzzled as to what's going on, surely I'm still the same person now than when I was 11st heavier? Or have I really changed that much? Has my weight been defining me since I was 16?

Yes, I've changed physically but as far as my personality goes - was I really that influenced by my weight? Am I really beginning to see my 'true' personality as I get close to goal?

I agree with you, it's really overwhelming, I'm being treated differently, smiled at by random women in the street and even getting 'checked out' in nightclubs and so on.. is it because of the new found confidence? I'd still like to think I treat everyone the same way I treated them when I was big though..

Just my thoughts :)

J x

I still look at myself and see the "fat girl" just not as big as I was, everyone else says I'm slim I just don't feeeeeel slim as im still not at target if you get me x

same here, i'm in a size 14 now which on other people i always see as 'normal' sized, but i still feel like i look fat. better than before, but still with a lot to lose.
on the other hand, in theory i could go 2 more stone beneath my goal and not be underweight, so compared with proper thin people i do have a lot to lose!

Back