If at first you don't succeed....and all that

Sounds like you have had a lovely weekend. Well done on staying strong at the picnic, hope your energy levels stay high, can only make the scales move down quicker x

Thanks chick x

Now I'm going to sound ungrateful and possibly a bit irritating, but not a morsel has passed my lips and I'm down 3lb this week. Now I know 3 is a good loss, but in my book, at the weight I am now, it isn't. To me 3lb is a good loss a bit further down the road when I am lighter overall - then I'll be grateful for a 3 pounder but this week, week 3, when I'm still the thick end of 18 stone, I'm just not. I've had a think about why I am so fed up about it when I should be happy, and I know all the reasons why and wherefore, and no doubt next week will make up for it. I think it boils down to the weekly measuring and comparing, and building it up. Ooh, "week 3 last time was 5lb" and "it was all 5's and 4's till week 12 last time" for example. Then the inner voice starts "you'll be here forever if it starts being 3s and 2s this early" and "you may as well be eating reduced calories and having some food if that's all you've lost" I have to beat the inner voices off with a stick as I know they are not rooted in evidence - it's random, your body is a funny thing, it can hold on to and let go of the pounds as it wishes. I have to constantly tackle my inner voices with these sort of things but it is exhausting, it rattles about all day in the back of my mind, just out of view, occasionally popping to the front of my thoughts then receding again when I wonder why I 'm grumpy and then remember. It seems to be the weekly weigh that triggers this - it was why I ditched scales before in the first place. So I think the antidote for me is to weigh daily, and rejoice each pound as it slips away on whatever day of the week it happens. Hopefully this will mean I am encouraged every few days, and don't feel down once a week....

Last edited:
I really empathise, especially as you've been 100% which I haven't, ever, since I started. I'm not going to say anything else because you've said it all for yourself but I just wanted you to know you've been heard. As you said, do what you need to do to keep yourself motivated and going. :) Maybe focus a bit on your NSVs too.

Oh, bless you, you sound exactly like me. Literally my thoughts exactly. What I try to remember is that I didn't lose 2-3lb on any other conventional diet. Ever! I think I'm just a slow loser. But, we'll still get there in the end. And ketosis does make it bearable, on other diets we'd probably be just as miserable, lose slower and be hungry! Imagine that ;-) that's what I kept trying to tell myself anyway! Chin up chick x

The other option is to weigh monthly as Darcy does. Depends on your outlook at the end of the day, you know what will work best for you :).

Calorie counting won't work faster as you know, but it may lead to temptation more than staying TS will is the way that I would look at it x

Oh, bless you, you sound exactly like me. Literally my thoughts exactly. What I try to remember is that I didn't lose 2-3lb on any other conventional diet. Ever! I think I'm just a slow loser. But, we'll still get there in the end. And ketosis does make it bearable, on other diets we'd probably be just as miserable, lose slower and be hungry! Imagine that ;-) that's what I kept trying to tell myself anyway! Chin up chick x

You know Kylie that is a very good point - and when I am not feeling hard done by becasue I can't eat food I do actually feel much better in myself than when I am not on packs.

The other option is to weigh monthly as Darcy does. Depends on your outlook at the end of the day, you know what will work best for you :).

Calorie counting won't work faster as you know, but it may lead to temptation more than staying TS will is the way that I would look at it x

You are right Susie, calorie counting would drive me just as mad - and it is too easy to cheat, I was thinking along the lines of having a monthly count up, I might do that and see how it goes.

In any case ladies, am feeling better for deciding to take it a day at a time xxx

Glad you're feeling better.

I can't really add anymore than others have said, glad you're feeling better chick, As you said take it a day at a time...xx

So I shall start as I mean to go on.....
:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:1lb OFF WOOHOO !!!:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:
Can you change a thread name? I want to call this one 'Take care of the single pounds and the stones will take care of themselves!'

Have a great day everyone. I meanly can't wait to get to lunchtime as I have to visit my grandma this morning who is a 'difficult' personality. She's 92, sharp as a box of tacks, extremely manipulative and self absorbed - nothing to do do with being old, she has always been like it. I haven't seen her for a while and visiting will involve all manner of tooing and froing so she can see the toddler, but the toddler can't stay with me as she moans about children touching her things - but she still insists on seeing her, so I've to drive to her with dd2, get her out the car, visit for 5 minutes while she squirms to get off my lap, get her strapped back in the car, drive her to my mum's who will look after her,drive back to my grandma's and listen to her slag off her neighbours/friends/other family members, then drive back to my mum's again to collect dd2. Still it will assuage my conscience for another few weeks. I'm sorry if I sound horrid, but I'd be there a lot more often if she wasn't so mean and uninterested in anything other than herself!

Oh dear, went off on a grumpy tangent myself there. Think about the 1lb off.... think about the 1lb off.... There, cheery again now :)
xxx

Like the name of that thread. Well done on the 1lb loss. Hope the visit to your grandmother isn't to excruciating.

cheers Cate :) well it's over now - I can spend the rest of the day processing the things she said that wound me up and then move on! x

Lol, well hope you lose another lb soon as reward for being so patient x

Well done, hope it was a quick ponder on the visit and you swiftly moved on as planned. As Susie has already said; you deserve an extra pound off for your tolerance x

Cheers CP well I got that extra pound today :) - nah didn't dwell too long, had a moan to my sister and dh and moved on. :)

Well done. All moving in the right direction x

Noticed on your signature you've had another fab NSV. Brilliant! :D

Well done chick on that other lb down & another 2 belt notches down you're doing amazingly...xxx

Back