IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

well done for saturday there Jo, that would have been a nightmare for you, how difficult it must have been to watch them eating nibbles and not taking part.

hopefully now you can get a bit more back to normal now your visitors have gone, it's lush walking into a nice quiet home when it's been manic for a while, there's nothing like getting your space back.

Last night I paid €39 to get my mobile phone, under guarantee, fixed. A little tiny button on the side of the phone had broken off - the only way to take phone off standby, grrr... so home later than usual but had a 20 min walk rather than hopping on a bus.

Work is busy 99% of the time, so I don't get on here, and tend to eat with colleagues now which probably is "mind healthier" for me than staying on my own with "my food". During this "out of ketosis" experiment, I will focus on some things like NOT deliberately taking myself out of company when eating. I tend to do this even when Dukan eating but it doesn't help later on of course.

Tonight optician (pick up and test OH's glasses). Tomorrow night, to ophthalmo with OH to double check eye pressure. Fingers crossed.

My godson gets his Bacc (A level equivalent but very different) results today at 10am precisely. Fingers crossed.

Hi Jo - how did the results go? Wonder whay we do lose the plot when we have been so obviously good?

He passed and is very surprised! Given that he has an English godmother (moi!), I was horrified to hear he thought he'd flunked English particularly! It's different to our A levels, in that they need an overall average mark over all the subjects, and different subjects count for a different percentage of the mark, so it's quite complicated.

I hear you've some guests coming soon Vicky? Atkins food for all? Or are you going to lead them astray?!! If your ticker is up to date, you're nearly there!!!

oh thats good Jo.

No im not on plan lol fish and chips for dinner tonight..got the kids coming..cant refuse can I. No we not going to be good. although steak and salad on the barbie on friday and nibbles saturday along with atkins breakfasts we should be ok :)

I'm rather partial to the odd Atkins breakfast myself when in England! :D

Things might need to change for my 97 year old Nana (found wandering outside by the police at 5am this morning). Such a shame for all concerned, but thankfully Dad's home from France to visit some care homes and get the move organised. 24 hours earlier he'd not have been!

I managed a PP day yesterday, although probably had more gojis in my muffins than I "ought". Still, while I'm hungrier at meal times out of ketosis, work days at least my Dukan meals suffice. I'll need to look closer at my weekend menu though - probably using homemade plain soup as a snack filler (thanks Emma for that tip!). I've a couple of chicken carcasses somewhere in the freezer for that purpose!

I finally ventured on the scales, with an guess in my head, and I wasn't far off. Idea was 70K. Reality 69.7K. Given that I'm not in ketosis, that's not so bad methinks as I was hovering around 68-68.5K prior to guests. Not so much glycogen gain after all. The trick is not to go straight over 70K again at the first sniff of a weekend...!

Will keep up walking (AND short bike ride - I'm pathetic on a bike) at the weekend.

:D

morning Jo. Sorry to hear about your Nana - that must be very frightening. She definately needs better care.
Aty least you knew re the weight gain and now can do something about it.
Im at a bit of a loss with dieting at the moment LOL

I'm rather partial to the odd Atkins breakfast myself when in England! :D

Things might need to change for my 97 year old Nana (found wandering outside by the police at 5am this morning). Such a shame for all concerned, but thankfully Dad's home from France to visit some care homes and get the move organised. 24 hours earlier he'd not have been!

Your pour Nana, I hope that she can get settled into a home asap.

Hope the diets continue well for you both, I'm conso-ing just now (with extra fruit every so often) - think summer is hard for us all!

She's thankfully oblivious (at the moment at least) and has no idea she went for a midnight roam...

69.4K today, so 300g off yesterday, which I'm pleased at given a little incident at a restaurant at lunchtime. I met a friend at "Paradis du Fruit" - I'd checked their online menu beforehand and had written down the numbers of the food stuffs I wanted for the "compose it yourself" plate, and simply read them out to the waitress. My friend was mega impressed with me :) Only trouble is, when the food arrived, their online menu must have been out of date so I actually had foods I'd not wanted! Oh well. Tasted nice! But I admit that I got the munchies afterwards, which I don't get when sticking to high protein lunches... didn't succumb (much) though... just some extra Dukan stuff!

69.4K today, so I'm probably now 3-5lbs over what I'd like to be, so returning to Dukan for so little would be daft, so I'll persist with this "DIY" way for now - the "voices" were with me yesterday evening BUT those unnecessary "things" at lunch probably caused that...

Onward and offward as they say ;)

Oh Jo your poor Nana. Glad your Dad is home to sort it. Oops to the food!!

How frustrating on the menu. But well done with coping and not losing the plot after.

I'll be coming back to the fold on the 17th, thought I'd put it in here so you can hold me to it.
Hopefully things will be on an even keel at that point, although I'll probably not have anywhere permanent to live by then.

Wow nice restaurant again, cool concept too. Wish I was there. I think I need to take a week off and come to Paris for a restaurant tour with Jo ;);).

Well done on deciding what to do next, I'm sure you *will* eventually find a lifestyle to suit you. I'm nearly there - I just have to get back down a bit more on strict conso to my target weight then I can go back to conso with SMALL extras for surfing along long term. Though yesterday was a Gala: a glass of white wine and some strawberry tartlets (with cream *and* crème patissière....), the rest of the spread was not really worth it, but my workplace is getting a cool new caterer Home : Origin8
then I'll be in trouble with tempting food just two floors down, and smells wafting up to my desk too :-(

BUT my trouble is not things like that but the little snacks that creep in at home :eek::(

I adapted this recipe for the chicken tikka.

Chicken Tikka Recipe

- not so much yoghurt (it doesn't really all get eaten anyway) a squeeze of lemon (helps to start cooking the chicken as it is marinating) and no colouring.

Anja wow how will you cope!

Jo can i see the menu for yesterday (you know how i love menus)
as you im sticking to my own plan and back to posted for the first time ever on a thursday (well not ever but its very rare) but I do have bad tummy!

omg Mouse. that looks amazing!

Yes it looks good! Not sure what to have but think I'll give the Dorset snails a miss :)

I am thinking of perhaps sharing the cured meat platter and then having either the poussin or the rib eye steak.

Back