IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

MMM THat looks fab too Jo.

Anja - it would be great! It's true that for now doing my own thing is working out, and I'm finding that the silly weight gains for very little comparatively aren't happening either, so it's probably better that I continue this way while I can keep my behaviour in check. While there have been the odd (few) "moments", during and after eating "normally" with guests, I've always managed to pull straight back and have "punished" myself with extra exercise which is also helping. So happy to stay out of ketosis and know that I can have an extra if I so choose... just hoping not to "choose" to do so too frequently!

69.0K this morning which, given the fun times I had with my guests (and alone, ahem!), I'm pleased with. Mega planning has gone into my weekend's food, so all I have to do is buy, prepare and eat it!

Lots of work at the house, I'm sure, awaits me as our guests left the morning after we did at crack of dawn... so we'll stay downstairs on the sofa tonight rather than start fiddling with bed linen on arrival! Time enough for that.

I shall simply sweep up the MOUND of "naughties" on my kitchen table if they're still there! Whooosh, into a bag, into the "cupboard". Out of sight... (out of mind?!).

Two day week next week, returning to Paris by TGV Monday morning straight to work so could be VERY quiet Monday. Then just Tuesday to work, back on the train, and a 5 day weekend for me!

Sorry to read about your nana Jo, that must be frightening for you.

Sounds like you're doing well with food though, finding a happy medium.

Hi Jo, do you still want some phily XL? If so the bigger tubs or the little 30g tubs? Anything else? Tesco value cocoa or jelly or anything?

Thank you Mouse but my Dad brought over five I think tubs so I'm well happy with my little stash now of Philly Xlite. They also brought me a tenner's worth of jellies... so just bring yourself. T'will be great to see you again!

I've no time to read anyone else's diary for now so selfishly posting just here for now.

Up at 5am (4am your time!) to get showered and to the train station to get back to the city for work this morning. I don't do this often, cos it's usually very expensive, but with many on vacation here already no doubt, I got a bargain. I left my man and cats at the house, and rejoin them by same fast TGV tomorrow evening. Five day weekend - bring it on!

We had a "rain + TV + food" day yesterday, and I won't seek excuses for myself cos that's insulting to all of you and me too! I chose to do it, enjoyed it tremendously (the FUN of sitting planning what to eat next is unmeasurable), so I can hardly now complain at my poor overful tummy!

Will be glad to get home this evening... I travelled with today and tomorrow's (Dukan) three meals in my back pack, so no worries as to my food behaviour. After all, it's Monday so why would I overeat? (I seriously need a hard drive overhaul, just like a computer might!)

Hi Jo - hope you enjoy your long long weekend and looking forward to catching up when you get home ;)

Catch up? I know EVERYTHING about you cos I've been reading your FB... EXCELLENT pics by the way and you're looking astonishingly slim :D

aww thanks Jo! i dont feel it x

Tiptoeing in with my tail between my legs. I won't insult anyone's intelligence by typing up a load of excuses. Suffice to say that "attack starts today". Not the wisest of decisions perhaps but I need to take control back, even for a couple of weeks.

Otherwise I see there are a lot of new people - this new/old job really doesn't give me the surfing time my previous one used to...

10 days until I see Mouse again. She'll not recognise me. For all the wrong reasons!

dont beat yourself up hun .....get backon the horse !!!! you and me are alike that sabotage button is there so we always need to come home to the cruise !!!!im there with you all the way !!!
Im having a good wek this week then saturday im having my last ever night out in the town i spent most of my formative years so next mondayi will be here again with you

Already back on the horse (feel too liverish to do otherwise!!!). Cruise? I'm going back on the BIG A...!!

I was just over at your house!

lol your welcome at my house anytime !!!

Im doing the maintaining bit at the moment then after the weekend will see , im not piling it back on which means I am trying to be good I think !!!!

:copon: for being bad :p

You'll be fine, youre so good at the straight ahead no deviations when you put your mind to it. Its just the after that makes us all go grey.

Attack for me too :D Though not great timing have a work meal weds (I'd already ordered chicken salad so not terrible given we're going to a pizza pasta place) and extra commute and less walking and living out of a suitcase. Need some control somewhere in my life.

hey Jo :) ah we have all been there. No fret - you will be back on the diet wagon and losing that water weight in no time xxxx hope you enjoyed though at the end of the day thats what lilfe is all about x

With your experience you know what is right for you and your body. Just dust yourself down and start again.
Glad I found your diary as I wanted to say a big thank you, you were one of the people that inspired me to take the leap of faith and start Dukan.....best decision I have made for sure :)
Wishing you loads of luck x

ohhhh thank you ladies and THANK YOU Diamond! I'm such a good dieter, and so pathetic as soon as I take the stabilisers off my bike... I wobble a little then fall flat on my face every time.

Vicky asks whether I enjoyed it. YOU BET! If I could eat like that forever and not gain a pound, I'd be the happiest ever! I actually woke up fantasising about the sort of food I'd be eating, and did get a sense of happiness and well being out of it. Ugh!!

I saw Jaq that you were on attack on the menu thread, and started posting my menu, then realised I'd have to qualify that I was doing the "original" method (ie 2 tablespoons oatbran AND wheatbran) so gave up! I'm sure the new attack proportions get one into ketosis quicker but they'd doubtlessly mess up my breakfast muffin recipe and I couldn't bear that!!

Soooo let's get rid of this podge soonest. I'm not sure it's all water weight either - my tum looks positively pregnant, and I've even got big shoulders!!

Jo - you probably don't believe it right now, but I think you are one of the wisest amongst us. You know yourself, and you know your weaknesses, and you have found in Dukan a tool that you use to live the life you want to lead, and help others along as you do it

The path is bumpy for all of us, for different reasons - but very few of us can match your determination and good humour!

awh thank you!

Back