IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I dont want to admit it yet, but me too :eek:

A PV life most the time, not so bad really. Given how carp <insert carb here> can make us feel.

Am hoping things might eventually fall into place by accident, you know more and more time between 'episodes', less need to keep an eye on things...

My work lunch wasnt great, we'd preordered weeks ago and so salad came ready dressed, heavily - pretty gross. Still I'll pp through to sunday now i think, depending on tum.

End of year stuff in July? (I know, I know!!!)... just that my officemate is already looking at Christmas catalogues for the office kiddie party!!

ahh yes - not this is 'end of SCHOOL year' I should have been more precise. Don't mention the othr before November or you're banned ;)

July for me means: Choir July concert, then AGM & year accounts and ANOTHER committee meeting on Monday, School events/shows, and DD1s birthday this week and TAX CREDITS DEADLINE (argh how I hate this and always leave it too late, then spend hours on the phone in a queue...)

Regarding your long term plan, I've already said it all - It's good you've found a path to travel, I just wish you could smooth off both extreme ends of your spectrum, it'd be so much better for your health... And yes I know you're perfectly healthy right now!

You know your own mind Jo, so you have to choose the path that's going to be best for you long term. I'm nervous of going into conso, but really hope to be able to follow the amazing example set by Anja, DD & robinhood, do conso to the letter and then follow some kind of conso-stab onwards.

Morning ladies - and, speaking of banning, I think I'll ban myself from the other side of the forum for a while ;)

Emma - I sincerely encourage you to go onto Conso as soon as you're ready and I'm sure you will follow in the path lain by Anja, Robin and DD. You're very disciplined, have managed to pull back well after your vacation, and will hopefully be ready to move on soon.

Today is day 4 attack - I decided to add another day (because my lettuce looks decidedly manky and my shoulders are still weighty!).

Good morning :) no banning from anywhere please ..... Can't believe that kicked off yest, you made a very valid and sensible request which was taken out of context and all if a sudden a big debate.

I know in a newbie too but before Daily Mailgate as I'm now calling it!!! I read the book before finding this forum as I needed and wanted to understand the plan, then came on here and posted my menu for advice just as I'd seen you suggest to someone else.
I do feel that some are looking fur a quick fix which the paper has promised but it is lacking greatly in the history of the plan etc which enables you to comprehend the changes needed. This is not a quick fix, it is a change of eating that will allow you to get to your true weight, consolidate it and stabilise for life, for some that means over a year until stabilisation but understandably!!
Ohhhhh off my soapbox now......,don't stop being you :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awh thank you Claire, but I have promised myself (and hence all newbies!!) a break from coaching. I love your "Daily Mailgate" comment. ;)

A Moderator in the "New posters" thread suggested we wrote some stickies. Unfortunately I wouldn't have a clue which version of the diet to outline. Even us "oldies" use an adapted version to the original French book which bears little resemblance to the English book either.

And, if I'm honest, I guess I just can't be bothered with the hassle at the moment struggling myself at the moment, and being in attack!

Thank you though Claire. I really appreciate your comments and those of others, new and old. It's a shame it came to that but, to be honest, it's been a while coming. It's truly impossible to keep up with this diet now with the constant amendments and any advice we could give could necessarily be contradicted elsewhere on the net.

Last edited:
Can totally understand, will make sure I find you here to support you just as much as you support others.
I know you back on attack but you can and will get over this hiccup, it happens to us all.....it's the getting back on track which you must focus on and not punishing yourself for the reasons behind why it was necessary...hope that makes sense xx

So Ive totally missed a fight? Wow.
The otherside of the forum has been getting a few of us down and no amount of stickies are going to stop irritating people arriving.

Its sunny here today, i'm delighted.

SUN?????

Sun? What's that? Is it the big yellow ball in the sky thing I sort of remember from my dim and distant youth?

(I also feel a little less like posting on the other side right now - it's not the newbies per se, we are all newbies one day, just that a particularly tough workload PLUS my boss asking me to cut down on blogging in breaks is coinciding with this)

ditto all of the above ....still the stayers will stay and the others will go as Jo used to tell me xxx

Busy at work today, but did weigh in this morning and updated stats.

Plan is to be good this weekend but, as I'm returning to the scene of the crime, I shall be cooking up a Dukan storm.

See you guys next week some time!

Have a good time!

Hi Jo - hope your weekend was lovely and legal xxx

Hello there lovely Vicky (I was just looking at FB checking you out!!)...

My weekend was "legal" but I played it safe and overate Dukan. Returning to the scene of all crimes is always potentially dangerous!

I ate my own runner beans this weekend (and I presume they're Dukan OK! To be honest, I didn't even think about it - and as they don't exist over here, I doubt they're mentioned in the book!!). Lovely fresh tomatoes and French beans too... and three tiny spring onions which we shared!! haaa! Talk about "last Rolo". I got the last spring onion ;)

I've just finished reading Portia de Rossi's book on her eating disorder (anorexia and bulimia and compulsive eating). To be honest, throughout the book, I found some descriptions of her behaviour and thoughts pretty scarey - as they echoed my own... at the end, though, she talks about her therapy and legalising foods, stopping dieting/weighing/etc manically... accepting a weight gain and then the weight dropping off when your body and head finally realises that it will again have the chance to eat [whatever] tomorrow and the day after... and that all this time she was (I am) depriving herself of everything she wanted to eat, then binge eating on it at the first chance, she was making things harder for herself. Also the idea that there are no "bad" or "good" foods. Just "bad" or "good" behaviour.

Not that it's stopped me continuing with a PP... but definite food for thought...

Seeing Mousey mouse for lunch tomorrow :)

And how are YOU?

I imagine alot of us can relate to that book, I know that my relationship with food has always been screwed up since a young child and those issues will always be with me to sone extent.
I've had therapy/counselling for non food issues which did help so much and also made me happier with myself along the way which def enabled me to stop punishing myself for previous diet failures and try to find a happier path.
Boy I can ramble!!!
Hope your well and thanks so much for your advice xx

Diamond, you're certainly not rambling and I for one would appreciate any advice or tools you might have to be able to put and end to this constant dieting / bingeing cycle I've been in for oooh 34 years now (I'm 47)... so many of us "eaters" thought that losing the weight would be the battle won. Alas, when the weight has gone, nothing has changed (sorry to be a killjoy) and so it's so much better to do the headwork on the way down, so to speak. Mind you, with Dukan, it's not all that useful as ketosis protects us from the urges and cravings ("pulsations" in French - lovely word!).

Today I meet Mouse for the fourth time... :D I'm looking forward to that!

Back