IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

haaa! it does... but surely those sort of readings are going to be transitory, while you low carb only?

Treats - I had two biscuits (same as previous weekend). 10 chestnuts (had 8 previous weekend...). Two mouthfuls of Christmas cake (one mouthful each hunk other half ate!). Two chips.

I don't count fruit as treat no because I'm way under normal calorie intake with it. Looking at above and I suppose I should count tofu as treat too - I made pancakes with it using skimmed milk, sweetener and an egg!

And must have gained 5-6lbs, if 4lbs remain now...

the water may be Jo but surely not the fat and muscle??? ill still be doing low carb forever i think. ill have the odd splurge but i couldnt go back to eating bread everyday it makes me feel rotten.

There is something im sure in the book about glycogen, which is what our body gets rid of first (and the water) on low carb diets and when we eat sugar.
Ive had a look on google for it but cant find.

the water may be Jo but surely not the fat and muscle??? ill still be doing low carb forever i think. ill have the odd splurge but i couldnt go back to eating bread everyday it makes me feel rotten.

There is something im sure in the book about glycogen, which is what our body gets rid of first (and the water) on low carb diets and when we eat sugar.
Ive had a look on google for it but cant find.
No I'm sure we don't lose the muscle or regain the fat, you're right (but those of us without those fancy scales are blissfully unaware of that stuff anyway!).

Yes ref. glycogen, that's the word I've been struggling to find. We lose it with low carbing but regain it as soon as we don't. Yes?

Hence mine's back...

So it's quite normal to gain an irrational amount of weight as soon as we stop low carbing.

Exactly. which is why we can gain 7lbs in a week, only to start dukan/atkins again completely strict and lose it all again. Jim on atkins does induction (i suppose the same as attack) if he is going away or on a bender and when he comes back he does it, this keeps his weight in control.

Righteo I'm getting there.

So the "trick" is not to weigh oneself initially on one's return if one is feeling slightly wobbly ...

yep - unless you feel like you can bear it!
this is why ive often thought about lowering my target - to give myself breathing space if you know what i mean? maybe 4lbs down and 4lbs up max?
If you know you are going away for a couple of days and know you cant diet or its a holiday/big night out whatever, do your PP/induction for a couple of days before and after and you should soon be back where you started? or am i talking pants?

works for Jim.

Or might one increase one's chances of a larger yoyo if one goes beneath one's natural weight.

Jim obviously doesn't have problems (in his head) seeing a stone return on a week's holiday... I guess I wouldn't have either, if I didn't see it! ie no scales. I'm getting better at staying off them... darned things!

My sister, for instance, "doing her own thing" weighs in on a Tuesday - cos she started on a Tuesday. Today she went out for a friend's slap up birthday lunch and now has six days to undo the damage without ever knowing the damage, if you see what I mean. So no guilt. No starvation to follow. Just continuing on her diet.

But she's not a serial dieter so it works!

for now at least...

well when i did WW before WI day was a wednesday so was good all week (and weekend i might add) and after wi i would go to shop buy wine, cheese, bread, crisps and chocolate and OMG sit in bed and eat the lot. Lost every week still (apart from when i started going to the gym and i gained 6 lbs in one week!)

Jo when you finished your big loss how frequently were you weighing afterwards? And did changes freak you out then?

In those days, I didn't weigh in every day. Just once a week most likely. This diet - and the people doing it - got me into weighing in every day! I'm gradually weaning myself off.

As for post-holiday, I tended to jump on immediately yes thinking I needed the shock to get back on track. I know now that such is not the case. Once here in the office on a Monday morning, the holiday is over and the eating too. Very very very very rarely have I overdone things on a weekday so I could very easily spare myself the mental anguish of the huge rises...

But someone always asks... (Vicky's just asked Sarah!!) and that "someone" could well be me in my head... like this morning, when I really shouldn't have I know... cos it very nearly tripped me up seeing I was hefty at the eve of a long weekend with more than usual treats planned.

Well I weighed in. Had to be done. Up on last Friday's weight which isn't a surprise given yesterday's preview. Oh well... this weekend is far more calorific than normal too, so will be aiming for damage limitation in between... ish... then staying off scales next week!

Possibly returning to strict Dukan Monday 22nd for a month.

x

That's a shame, but I bet you'd have lost tomorrow after 2 PPs so you should have restrained yourself (and put the scales in the car to WI in the country).

I'd step away from the scales until December at least. I'm sure they play with our minds far too much.

Hi Jo - have a wonderful time. Enjoy your weekend knowing on the 22nd strict dukan you will lose xxxx

Back