IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Absolutely! We are lucky here to still have lots of speciality shops and I go past lots of butcher's, [baker's], fishmonger's, candlestick maker's etc on my way home... whereas in England, in my Dad's town at least, they are alas few and far between...

(You're not a Beaujolais Nouveau fan, are you? To be honest, I don't "mind" it, but the wine buffs stand around swishing it around in their mouths making inane comments... pfft!)

(You're not a Beaujolais Nouveau fan, are you? To be honest, I don't "mind" it, but the wine buffs stand around swishing it around in their mouths making inane comments... pfft!)

yes the supermarkets have ruined out high streets im afraid. very few decent ones with delis and butchers and grocers (i do live 2 mins away from britains best high street apparently though)

This is menu of where im eating on saturday in peterborough. you think ill be good? im planning on being after being good all this weekend and the exercise but you know a bad wi could put at end to that lol
Prezzo | Menu

hmm... I think you're on a "meet" but not an "Atkins meet", I'm guessing... I read though that you've chosen what you're having and, if you tell someone in advance (and don't let them let you change your mind!), you'll be fine...

As you said, so close to target, t'would be a shame to have a ricochet in the wrong direction (like me!)

Not atkins meet. if i tell my friend she is likely to tell me to get lost dieting! so ill have both evils LOL.
i wont ricochet it would only be one day of badness im too much into my exercise and atkins food at the moment. isnt it bad how this concerns us all?
there are a couple of things that i really fancy that are atkins friendly my friend said last night that the pasta is fab - but i really really dont think i could eat a bowl of pasta! (pizza maybe) but not pasta!

It just shows how unlike "real food" our diets are... if we struggle so much to go out to trendy "in places"! I'd avoid that sort of place like the plague if in the zone, because it's so not, but I'd love it if having a night off!

There are so many fabulous places around here for lunch, yet I end up at that expensive steak place when in the zone... (not that we pay - we get luncheon vouchers, almost half subsidised, and cos I bring my food in most days, I'm rich on LVs!)

Off in a mo... speak tomorrow
x

ooh I like pasta Jacq... but I admit to preferring dry pasta to fresh as I like mine al dente (rather than the slop you often get out when "fresh"!)

i am :) mmmmmmm. heaven!

yes the supermarkets have ruined out high streets im afraid. very few decent ones with delis and butchers and grocers (i do live 2 mins away from britains best high street apparently though)

This is menu of where im eating on saturday in peterborough. you think ill be good? im planning on being after being good all this weekend and the exercise but you know a bad wi could put at end to that lol
Prezzo*|*Menu

I am going to Prezzo too for my DS birthday on Wednesday.

I'm going to have: no starter and then maybe a chicken caesar without any of the nice bits :)

Ooh Kim.
have you printed off the voucher?
ill be going for (if we doing a starter) chicken wings, then main pollo gorgonzola with the salad :) and copious g and t :D not even going to look at the pizza.

Morning Jo - you ok honey?

Hello there... I got home safely (my "voices" initially suggesting I buy this and that... but FORTUNATELY there were lots of problems on the trains last night, suspicious packages(!) and the like, so I was sufficiently late home and irritated to forget to think about buying extras!

Given how I've been suffering this week (voices, motivation, even just fed up with dieting most of my life/avoiding invitations/and here we go again), I dared to pick up the CBT book again last night.

Coincidence or not, I feel calmer this morning... am sorting out my menus for the weekend. Not mega mega strict, because I know where that gets me, but rigid so that I merely have to follow them, treats and all.

I was reading last night particularly at how "just because I'm hungry, doesn't mean I have to eat"; and "just because I fancy this or that, doesn't mean I need to eat it, since I also fancy being slim". etc etc. Hardly rocket science, but better stuff to have swirling around in my brain at the moment.

Oh and the Size 14 red dress fits which probably helped my psyche somewhat too! Lumpy VPL where I didn't change undies just to try it on, but I had mistakenly thought that sort of dress would cling, and it doesn't truly...

So my general mood has improved somewhat... even though I saw Sarah had posted without telling us anything which irked!!

Thank you Anja... I hope it fits (or at least might by Christmas!!). Given that it's short sleeved, and my sister's house is usually freezing when you arrive, and boiling by the time you leave - log burner - I'll need to get some kind of a fancy cardi to keep me warm initially (so I can keep that on if I'm feeling fat [STRIKE]after second helpings of Christmas pud[/STRIKE]!)

I've started wearing an extra long-sleeved t-shirt UNDER dresses with short sleeves or plunging necklines etc, of course no hiding potential there, also no easy 'taking off' so I think glamorous cardi is de rigueur!

By the way, the more vigilant among you will notice my signature has disappeared; that's intentional because I was feeling negative each time I saw it, knowing a big rise was coming tomorrow...

OOh great news re dress xx

I dared to pick up the CBT book again last night.

Coincidence or not, I feel calmer this morning... am sorting out my menus for the weekend. Not mega mega strict, because I know where that gets me, but rigid so that I merely have to follow them, treats and all.

[...]

Oh and the Size 14 red dress fits which probably helped my psyche somewhat too! Lumpy VPL where I didn't change undies just to try it on, but I had mistakenly thought that sort of dress would cling, and it doesn't truly...

Yay you'll look stunning! And good about the CBT book - do you need to write out mottoes and hang them round the house / on the fridge door?
I like the idea of a plan to follow, even if not too strict. Kind of what I do - my packed lunch always contains one treat item (not today) so I'm not tempted to the cafeteria etc.

told you :p
ah but now it fits you have no pressure to lose before xmas???
i really do think that will have helped and cant wait to see piccie of you in the dress x
did you not even manage the butchers??

yes noticed your sig was short. You may be surprised tomorrow Jo. get drinking plenty of water today xxxx did oh get flax and everything you needed?

I don't know about mottoes, because I'm still in the early explanatory chapters, but there are definitely lists I must write and cards too to carry around with me to remind me of why I'm doing this at weak moments.

Also there are tests - one of which worries me greatly (but the fact that it worries me tells the tale). It's to skip lunch one day (not yet, but further in...). To let oneself get hungry (I never do), and realise that it's NOT the end of the world, and that it's not such a fearful experience after all. Dieting from a young age has obviously taught me that hunger is not good and I am ever fearful of it so eat when it's time rather than listening to my body clock... So that's going to be a very tough one for me to do. I'll probably do it at the weekend, and have a siesta...

Jo - the missing a meal thing. I do that on weekends anyway i never have set times - but when we work its hard - we get a lunch break and have to eat then really - even if we are not hungry. food is my life im afraid, my freezer/cupboards are never empty - i couldnt bear it. my mum is the same.

Oh Vicky there's definitely pressure to lose before Christmas; while the photo (see headless wonder below - excuse my ironing board!) doesn't show all the bulges (note bulge on left of photo - VPL!), looking down I could see blubber which wasn't there even a week ago! The hallway must have been dark when he took the photo, cos the dress looks black!

I don't know how to get flax here so it'll be on my UK shopping list over Christmas.

Yes I went to butcher's... bought some turkey which we ate last night (dry fried in fresh garlic, served hot over cold crispy salad...) and some cooked roast beef (well the outside was a little cooked ;))

Attachments

• Copy of Jo red dress 17112010.JPG
    Copy of Jo red dress 17112010.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 42
you get a board and put pics up of what you want. i.e. slimmer me (claudia schiffer body in bikini with your head on), and you look at it morning and night and you get what you want :D

haaaa! that doesn't work for me... I've been at target, and still pressed "sabotage". I have photos of myself at target and a wardrobe full of target weight clothes but, because the fundamental issues were still there, it was all for nothing...

Back