IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? :)

lmao. OK...Jo pm with me with your sister had and you just looked at ;)

haaaa!
1) plumber: ok the plumber who sorted my blocked pipe three weeks ago, who gave us his card to work "off the books for us", rang me back this morning from outside the flat, came, said it was the tap (to which is linked the washing machine), and offered to change it for €60 cash. Yes please. Sorted. (As for his company, well... bunch of thieves!).

2) Crepes - I dreamt I ate a bacon, egg and cheese omelette oh sorry galette... followed by a banana and chocolate crepe, cooked in salted butter. I think it's an Atkins recipe.

White trousers on today... pot belly but still... breakfast, lunch, snack Dukan, then dinner out again tonight... with a friend my sister knows. Then she flies home tomorrow, into a border agency strike... only fitting given that she arrived here in a transport strike.

You're absolutely right, Vicky, and I was only saying a minute ago to my French Dukan friend (who's struggling) that, given that I've taken back on board ("on tum" actually) the water, and reintroduced (although not quite the way the great man intended), I might as well keep the water and concentrate on losing the fat. Perhaps Dukan + fruit. Just will need my jaw wired for the weekend!

It's so lovely to be cooler again... a second night's sleep will be lovely! I bet it was hot down your way Robin. 38°C in the shade just isn't my cup of tea!

Jo I would have dreamt the same galettes (minus the banana!)

Yes concentrate on losing the fat thats what Im doing - water is nothing and as we have said before once in ketosis i reckon we are around 7 lbs less than on a normal diet. (see ive not dabbled in ketosis on your advice although i would love to for the energy!)

Enjoy your dinner tonight xxx

2) Crepes - I dreamt I ate a bacon, egg and cheese omelette oh sorry galette... followed by a banana and chocolate crepe, cooked in salted butter. I think it's an Atkins recipe.!

mmmm! I love galettes, made of buckwheat and with egg and cheese inside! You're talking about one of my gala meals when I get that far! Actually, in the early days of my diet I used to add a spoon of buckwheat to my oatbran mix for my galettes. It does improve the flavour, but I stopped in the interests of being more purist. It's a godsend for people who don't get on with wheat.

Morning, and we're up early and ready to send sister to the airport (where she'll spend a couple of hours over breakfast rather than risk traffic jams later on and maybe miss her plane). Some of us are always up at this time anyway ;)

Lovely dinner out last night with my best friend and godson - 18 in September and awaiting results from his Bacc. Amazing how he's grown - mentally too! We walked the 25 mins home - sorry sis but too long a wait for the bus!

So no carbs/sugar today and tomorrow - lunch out with boss but she's vegetarian so we go for omelettes.
x

Oh, waiting for results here too, Jo (my nephew) and a few friends' kids (including one who I helped out with her English - hope it makes the difference). Fingers crossed for next week - glad the wait is short here - when I was at school we had exams April/May and didn't get the results until August!

Overcast today, quite happy about that - it's lovely and cool and much easier to get on with things.

Friends coming this weekend, so house clearing/cleaning today in preparation amid trying to movtivate a pre-teen to do something other than TV/computer/DS/PSP:mad:. I have threatened to cut plugs off today if he doesn't go out and do something;).

Oops, forgot to say - hope your sister gets home without too many delays (strike action in UK today - customs officials involved).

Glad you had a nice dinner Jo. And doesnt it make you feel old when you see kids grow up LOL.

(p.s. im in ketosis on my carbs of 75-80!!!!)

How do you think I feel? DD 17 next month :-(

I still think your ketosis is amazing!! You're plan seems to be going so well.

aww bless you xxxx feeling a bit broody i am .... sush xxx

yes i feel much better - ok last week i was starving but my cals are a lot lower and im trying to avoid high fats, just doing my own healthy eating/lowish carb. not concerned if i get to 100 carbs a day its still low carb!

100 carbs sounds loads, but I don't think I appreciate how many carbs Mrs Normal would consume in a day - probably hundreds without even blinking!!

My chicken Sunday is still broody too :) has been for months!

ha ha :)
i know ive thought toast for brekkie, bread for lunch, potato or pasta for dinner! how many carbs!

That's brilliant Vicky, but not altogether surprising when you look at PV days on Dukan where I often went to 65g. I wonder whether I could PV (a little less OTT with veg/salad and "buy" a fruit and still be under 100g? If you're still using MFP, Vicks, could you see what it gives me for a BIG :D apple?)

Lovely weather again now - bright and sunny but without the oppressive (suffocating in the city) heat. No weigh in this morning - that would have been silly ;) - but I didn't lose the plot last night and stuck to a PP even though alone so I'm pretty pleased I've stuck to "my rules" (mainly) this week.

I'm seriously thinking about having a Dukan + fruit return to the fold next week. I've a full week's work next week (boo hiss!), then I return on the TGV next Monday morning (at dawn!), leaving the man and cats in the country... and I return to them the following evening! haaaa! Just a two day week (Thursday 14th is holiday here, as you all probably know, so Friday is "thrown in" at my Firm - obligatory RTT day off) so I took Wednesday too to avoid the mass departure mania there'll inevitably be Wednesday night to get out of the city for the four day for most weekend.

I hope you all said "white rabbits" this morning - even alone (well, with my cats), I made sure to say it aloud!

ha ha :)
i know ive thought toast for brekkie, bread for lunch, potato or pasta for dinner! how many carbs!

If you're relating my last weekend food, please don't forget the carby sugary snacks throughout the day ;)

LOL Jo - no i wasnt referring. Oh a lovely short week - very lucky! and no didnt say white rabbits :( thought that was just march?

Large apple (250g!) is 34g carbs it says which means you could easy stick to under 100? Im having grapefruit and berries and managing easy!
Glorious weather here too looking forward to nice relaxing weekend before the girls come up next weekend (and tickle goes away on wednesday :( )

I hope you all said "white rabbits" this morning - even alone (well, with my cats), I made sure to say it aloud!

I'd never heard of that until a few years ago.

My husband always amuses me by whispering "Good morning, Mr Magpie" under his breath three times whenever he sees a single magpie. Ever since one of my cousins told him about that superstition when she was about 5 years old, he's obsessively followed it!

i do the Mr Magpie thing and I salute them :D

i usually salute the magpie too with 2 fingers

Lol!
I stuck to my PV Saturday, despite all. "Horrified" that I might need lunch, when BBQ planned in the evening ("we don't eat lunch if we're having a "big"(?) meal in the evening" were the cries from the visitors), I proceeded to watch them nibble their way through [all sorts of things I won't list here] from lunchtime all through the afternoon. I could have KILLED for a slice of their cake by mid afternoon, and the aperitif drinks and nibbles came out so early I hated them all! BUT I got through it, congratulated myself, then promptly lost the plot all day yesterday (why?!).

Bloated and fat as a pig this morning, I'm still cogitating as to how best to proceed. PP lunch and PV tea planned so far. I have some fruit. We'll see (cos right now, the mere THOUGHT of food is turning me green!).

So visitors leave the house this morning - hope they turn the lights off, lock up and close the windows (ahh these oldies! Blackpool illuminations have nothing on them and I'm sure they'd not go out leaving windows open in their own places!)

It'll be nice to have a "normal" week - no dinners out, just the four of us (2 cats!) all week!

x

Ooh it is nice to get back to normal when your guests go - and hopefully your food can get back to normal now too. I am really looking forward to our trip to hippo :) Can you recommend a nice spa in Paris? I am thinking of escaping when the guys do one of their disney days!

I am currently waiting for my 'bread' to cook so that I can have my turkey bacon butty; I have got into the habit of having this for breakfast as opposed to the muffins. Maybe it is better to have the oatbran as part of a meal as opposed to as a snack? I have been trying to cut down on dairy so have been adding a bit of water instead of any dairy and it is fine. I do miss my muffins though and am trying to ignore the fact that I could have extra oatbran as tolerated items - probably not a good route to start taking:D

Working at home today as I have my hospital trip so I will be around today instead of Wednesday.

Back