IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

The mice clearly aren't doing Dukan :)
Luckily my cats seem to devour them outside rather than bringing them in! I love creme eggs too - the kids have tried the green centred Halloween ones and seemed to enjoy them!

My food mishaps seem rather odd to me - there is currently a little pack of oatcakes in the kitchen with my name on - I think I am going to have to either throw them away or have them as my extra carb portion for the week. Either way they have to go somewhere as I can't stop thinking about them!

I hate it when obsessing about something in the cupboard - once seen it seems it can't be forgotten.
Get rid quick ;-)

You're so right Ted. I have just opened them up and crumbled them into the bin (in order to save any rescue missions later!!) Why can't I crave normal food? I must have been doing this too long :)

What is normal food again?! haaa!
I had lunch yesterday with a French lady from another forum who I can honestly say has it worse than me. Size 8-10, weighs every morsel which passes her lips, inputs same into a programme on her i-phone, and talks of nothing else. Another ex-dukaner who can't stabilise without dieting/bingeing. A few of us around alas :(

My sister sends you her best.

Weighs everything wow, does that come from the bread cheese rations in conso or was she on weight watchers or similar pre dukan? Or just compulsive...

Normal food, sigh. Ive never been one for normal family meal type foods, I think thats why I enjoy Anyas threads so much as they are like reading a travel guide but for family food.

I'm still hovering between lowcarb worlds, dukan for breakfast, pv lunch, fattier pv dinner. Its roughly keeping me on the rails and I think I can work it when I get home from hols too (17 days to go...) although christmas events will start kicking in.....

Like me, she's done every diet in the world, got to target (+ Conso + Stab several times) and is having trouble staying there. Totally compulsive, yes, which is why Dukan helps us when we are that way inclined, but it can hardly be a lifelong plan!

But, in my humble opinion, she's fine weight wise and size wise as she is so another one who could use a brain transplant (like me, I know!)

600g up on last Friday unsurprisingly given my appalling behaviour last Sunday. Looking at my signature, wondering whether to delete some of it, I'm seeing how my weight is stabilising between 69-71 without Dukan. Interesting.

0°C this morning but beautiful sunny afternoons so I'm not bothered. It'll make me walk even faster to work.

Enjoy your weekends
x

Advice

Please can someone give me some advice, I was on the diet for 5 months but late last month my mother passed away in England and I had to go home from the USA. I was on the consolidation phase but alas fell of the wagon while home for the 3 weeks. I have only put on 4 pounds but want to get back on the diet, Question shall I do 5 days of attack then carry on the consolidation phase. Thank you in advance.

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mum, Vegaspool. You're in my diary, where you are of course very welcome, but you won't be seen once people start posting here.

Looking at your stats, I'd advise you return immediately to Conso today (first phase if you were in second, ie just one gala and one starch per week). Perhaps even avoid the gala for a week or so. Welcome back and hope you find your way back to your diary!
x

Morning diary,

Another BAD Sunday - no excuses. Just the one mouse spotted this weekend (unfortunately in my cat's mouth and it hadn't breathed its last breath, so OH took care of things).

I'm replacing my colleague on holiday this week, so will be swamped at work, then off myself next week.

x

Thank you so much for your response I was about to start the second phase today but will carry on just as the first stage and cut out the gals for a few weeks. Thks.

Please can someone give me some advice, I was on the diet for 5 months but late last month my mother passed away in England and I had to go home from the USA. I was on the consolidation phase but alas fell of the wagon while home for the 3 weeks. I have only put on 4 pounds but want to get back on the diet, Question shall I do 5 days of attack then carry on the consolidation phase. Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry to read your sad news.

Last year I was newly on conso when my Mum died. All diet thoughts were banished while I was away (10 days, I think) and I ate whatever was put in front of me. Husband (also on Dukan) got me sorted out food-wise when we came home but I had a small gain (which came off again with no extra effort).

If you're ready to focus on diet, go back on conso (no need to attack) and the weight will come off again, 4 lbs is such a small amount, it will be off again very soon.

Morning diary,

Another BAD Sunday - no excuses. Just the one mouse spotted this weekend (unfortunately in my cat's mouth and it hadn't breathed its last breath, so OH took care of things).

I'm replacing my colleague on holiday this week, so will be swamped at work, then off myself next week.

x

We have mice too, Jo (thankfully most are outside where we have our washing machine, etc) and I am so missing the cat (new cats born 10 days ago - we're having 2!)

Hope work isn't too busy!

By the way, picked up a book at the library (l'anglais? It's not the joy! by Christiane Courbey) which is worth a look if you get the chance. Lots of expressions translated literally (then correctly). Made me think of the 'excellent' translations on the Dukan site!

What is normal food again?! haaa!
I had lunch yesterday with a French lady from another forum who I can honestly say has it worse than me. Size 8-10, weighs every morsel which passes her lips, inputs same into a programme on her i-phone, and talks of nothing else. Another ex-dukaner who can't stabilise without dieting/bingeing. A few of us around alas
I blame the iphone! Im on fitness pal at least 10 times a day im obsessed with it.

Jo interesting on the maintaining aroung that mark cos that pretty much where im at - well between 10st 11 and 11st. Im still trying to lose though but no more low carb for me!!!!!

Lovely to read you both... hope to get back here in the morning... crazy here - wish I was getting colleague's salary too!

Like me, she's done every diet in the world, got to target (+ Conso + Stab several times) and is having trouble staying there. Totally compulsive, yes, which is why Dukan helps us when we are that way inclined, but it can hardly be a lifelong plan!

But, in my humble opinion, she's fine weight wise and size wise as she is so another one who could use a brain transplant (like me, I know!)

Related to this there was YET ANOTHER article I spotted in the paper version of the Mail a couple of days ago:

Wise up to lose weight: A leading neuroscientist says the key to dieting is understanding your personality | Mail Online

Not very helpful I thought, I could not recognise myself in any of the types described but then I'm not a serial dieter in the conventional sense! There must be something to it as we all have different attitudes to food, but....

Interesting article. While I'm definitively a compulsive eater, in that I can eat non stop 24/7 without hunger even now when on holiday, I have no problems whatsoever weekdays when at work! Go figure! (And I don't hold grudges!!).

Off to the house for 10 days tomorrow night and I'll certainly be ready for a break. Should I not get to post again before I leave, see you all soon!

Oh Laura, what happened to your cat?

Bad encounter with a car:(. We were 'lucky' that the damage was nearly all internal, must have been instant and she still looked like herself. New litter born a week ago, think we're having 2 boys (not sure on the sex of one of the kittens, but I want them both the same sex - in case we aren't quick enough off the mark in getting them 'done' - and for the moment there are definitely 2 boys, 1 girl and 1 unsure!)

Off to the house for 10 days tomorrow night and I'll certainly be ready for a break. Should I not get to post again before I leave, see you all soon![/QUOTE]

Enjoy your well-deserved break, Jo.:)

Back