IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Rereading my last post made me wonder whether my "noisy wind" reference was linked to excessive consumption of sugar free sweets! Noooo... I was talking about the wind outside of course! Which continued to blow and blow all weekend. Sunday I wrapped up well and headed out for a walk, but fled back to the house after about 25 mins, for fear of taking off! No fun in walking like that!

Food went well. We've got into a habit of buying kippers (for him), fresh salmon and prawns (for me) for lunches Sat and Sun... evening often fish too Saturday. And we're stocking up on those little grey shrimps which take so long to eat as they're tiny and I still remove the head and skin... We had an Orlac pancake each both evenings, and rhubarb also on Sat evening plus the every evening obligatory frozen yoghurt. And the scales are still friendly despite some sedentarity this weekend. Happy days!

x

Good news Jo it's worth being good when the scales are kind!!!

We finished the last pancakes last night so no more until the weekend! I have to set some sort of a rule here!
Last night's dinner was a piece of fillet of pork each (aaah I still feel guilty when I touch pork, even the leanish stuff...) with leftover cauli, sprouts and carrots from the weekend. Probably too many veg but shucks! The weather looks ok for now so here's hoping the threatened rain will hold off until I get to the office on foot at least!
It's so quiet here...
x

Isn't it just... still, I'm happy chatting to you and the others I know are lurking around! I pop to Vicky's diary too.

Morning Jo and Sarah! Cold here today having my a rubbish week at work roll on Friday !!!!!!! Hope weight is doing well and you are being exceptionally good I'm finding this weight the hardest to lose yet !

Afternoon everyone!:)

Hope everyone is OK. We had noisy wind on Sunday then overnight, Jo! Now we have constant rain every other day but are lucky that it's only annoying and not dangerous. I feel so badly for those affected. Wish it would go away and let everyone get on with their lives.

Food OK here too - thanks for the almond info Vicky and Sarah. I have counted up my carbs on PP/PV day (before weigh-in) and am well under 50gr (including oatbran) so that should be fine. Better than chocolate anyway (which I have no desire to eat, so that is good).

Pancakes are a regular feature here too - most Wednesdays (both sweet and savoury) for the kids - they had them on Sunday though, so we're pancake-free today!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hi Jo, Your advice is invaluable to the new wave of Dukaneers, don't know what I would have done without you and the whole of this forum xxx

I agree with you, Robin. Although the wind was howling outside and the rain lashing against the windows, compared to the old UK, we've been so lucky! Same where I am in the country. There are of course areas of France which are suffering too (places in Brittany and some places in the South too, I believe) but the pictures I just saw on line of the home land are frightening...

"Monthly gifts" might be over for me... ho hum. (Another excuse to gain some weight?!!)... I'm going to do the blood test in a couple of weeks. Bone density xray thingy doobree within a few weeks too... then decision time perhaps. To HRT or not to HRT... such is the question. Over here, and perhaps now in UK too, my lady doc at least says "unless medical reason for, she'll not prescribe" so that'll settle that one!

Any opinions ladies?

Still loving my Endomondo app... it's definitely an incentive to keep up a good pace and walk further by making detours if on a regular route. Highly recommended for any walker.

Hi Jo. Re HRT I suppose it depends how bad you get. Have you researched herbal or diet HRT help ?

I agree with Pauline and Vicky ! :) I generally dislike medication and think the less we can put into ourselves and live naturally the more so the better! x

Thank you ladies... I totally agree with you all (but feel hypocritical saying that as I've been happily swallowing the pill for many many years, and that could be the reason (rather than meno) for the no return to periods yet since stopping...). Blood test will help but I'm going to wait a few weeks until nearly seeing my GP to have maximum visibility there. No symptoms yet.

Weight suddenly shifting again so glad I hung in there. I mustn't now get upset if things slide to a halt again (or, worse, aaaah can't let my mind go there!!).

Speaking to neighbours in the country yesterday, I hear that a severe storm knocked the electricity out in my village from 11am to nearly 9pm... here's hoping that everything clicked back on perfectly and that the freezers are ok (I won't even think about George Gently which I'd set up to record! Last week, I messed up the settings, this week no power, I'm doomed never to see it...!)

Happy weekend to all x

Jo can you watch on catch up on BBC I player on the computer :)
Hope everything in freezer ok have a lovely weekend and ccongrats on the loss x

Unfortunately the itv and BBC players both recognise I'm not in the UK and won't let me watch anything. I shall ditch the two apps forthwith in disgust from my phone!
delighted with loss. Two weeks running now... I've just boiled up a kilo of frozen rhubarb. yum

Oh well done on loss Jo :) boo to Itv players !

Yay on the loss Joanne!

Still haven't tried Rhubarb - how do you recommend I use it? Got a PV day tomorrow and going to do a mini shop this evening so can pick some up then.

xx

Back