IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Jo there is an app where you should be able to download them to watch. I'll try and get the name x

oooh yes please Vicky... any time there's a power flicker in the village, the box goes off and I record blank screen the remainder of the week! Thrilling!!

Rhubarb... I simply simmer the frozen rhubarb with a little water so that it doesn't stick until it's cooked... then add some sweetener. Done! I love it hot or cold... theoretically it's veg so only ok on PV days.

oooh yes please Vicky... any time there's a power flicker in the village, the box goes off and I record blank screen the remainder of the week! Thrilling!!

Rhubarb... I simply simmer the frozen rhubarb with a little water so that it doesn't stick until it's cooked... then add some sweetener. Done! I love it hot or cold... theoretically it's veg so only ok on PV days.

Wow! So like a sweet treat then? Can have it for dessert?

I'll ask my mum cos she is in Spain and watches

Film on live tv. May be only Apple but you should be able to download an app

Thanks Vicky. Downloaded that! (I wonder how much data that uses if you actually watch anything?) That's brilliant! BUT... it seems to be for "live TV" only (which is great of course) but I need something which allows you to watch things shown in the past really, which didn't record on TV. Can you ask your Mum?!! (Cheers!!!).

300g up but I've changed nothing so I'm not going to worry unduly... I'm eating a lot probably, but all ok stuff I think...
x

Yes I'll ask her do you have iPad or is it Android?

I've a Samsung Note 2 (lovely HUGE screen...). But also have internet in the country place now should there be a "proper" website as opposed to an app. I can't quite see the pair of us glued to such a comparatively tiny screen to watch "TV".

My week is going fine. Same old food which I love. OH is at the house performing "major train works" (he says) in his play room... haaaaa! It keeps him happy and out of trouble! And the only cloud really on my horizon is the darned scales showing an increase each time I stand on the darned things! Weird since I'm eating just as usual and am walking to work (5-6km) each morning... Never mind. It could be so much worse!

Have you been going to the loo Jo ? May need a clear out?
Can you watch I player anywhere or won't it let you at all ?

The scales aren't budging for me, ugh it's so frustrating!! The plan is going well from the point of view that I can stick to it on a daily basis but not so good in that I'm still only 10lb down since I started back last month....:( may have to start logging food on mfp or something similar just to keep an eye on exactly what I'm eating.....which would be easy if I didn't already have loads to do! :eek:...xx

On recommendation from alottolose (;)) hijacking Jo's thread to ask a question.
Does anyone eat pork on Dukan? I read somewhere that Dukan US allows it but not Dukan UK. I think I have the UK book. Have been thinking of roast pork
:drool:

Your thots - recommend or not? did it stall?

Thanks!

On recommendation from alottolose (;)) hijacking Jo's thread to ask a question.
Does anyone eat pork on Dukan? I read somewhere that Dukan US allows it but not Dukan UK. I think I have the UK book. Have been thinking of roast pork
:drool:

Your thots - recommend or not? did it stall?

Thanks!

I used to have pork when following strict Dukan but not roast pork - just the low-fat pork steaks (think they were 4% fat or something). Can't get good crackling roasts here anyway, but definitely no crackling for you. I would try and see if pork stalls you then decide. Didn't do me any harm, but we're all different, same as dairy stalls some but not others.

Morning all!

It's lovely and sunny here, hope you're all as lucky.

Clothes feel looser today - must be water weight falling off or something since PP yesterday (and no green veg, that's the first in a long time) - not weighed though and won't until 1st of next month.

Jo, my brother (not in Europe though) paid a small monthly subscription (I think) but he's back in UK now, so has probably forgotten what it was - it enabled him to have a UK IP identity, I think. Google how if you're interested. We have the digi box and dish, for all the good it does us. We manage the news about once a week. The kids aren't interested, sadly. I should invest more family time in it, then the kids might actually understand someone who doesn't have the same accent as me! As an aside on UK TV, we've been watching Broadchurch this week (in French!), nice that you get 3 episodes in one evening. I know it was on in the UK ages ago, don't tell me who 'dunnit', but am enjoying it.

Have a good day all!

Bonkers ;) you little tinker lol....wasn't me!! I'm innocent I tell you....better go delete the evidence....

I always used to have bacon while doing Dukan....not sure how that compares to roast pork etc.....but I got to goal at one point so don't think it caused too much of a problem, but as Laura says we're all different....might be worth keeping for a once a week treat to start with...see how the scales vary 48 hours afterwards....

Laura!

Lovely and sunny here too, really enjoyed Broadchurch when it was on, David Tennant *swoon* with a french accent?...I cannot imagine it....don't worry, no spoilers :)

Hope everyone is having a good day xx

aaah the voices on the French versions of things are so dreadful if you know the original! I think they have just a handful of "actors" who accept to read these dubbing parts and they're so wooden!! Broadchurch was fabulous though... slow moving mind so sitting through three episodes in one evening would probably send me to sleep!

Pork... an interesting one. Like Robin, pork steaks I'm sure are fine and I think that's what are ok on the US version of the diet. Where I'm now pondering where I'm concerned is vis a vis ham. Because I got away with it for a while, I've left it in and now think I'm going to drop it for a while. As a bit of a food snob where packets and additives etc are concerned, the plastic watery "ham" isn't to my taste so I always buy it at the meat counter cut off for me. But it's probably not good for Dukan (my "Atkins" eye sometimes leads me astray these days). OK ham is now off my menus!! Let's see what happens!

Also interesting to hear that one can "buy" a UK IP address... I shall have to investigate further. Thanks for the idea, Robin. Unfortunately, Vicky, when you connect to the ITV or BBC players from France, it lets you find the episode you want then, when you click "play", it says that the player is only available in the UK... (Ironically, last week I sent an article from the BBC News site to a friend in England who told me that she couldn't open it as she got the message that the content was only available to overseas readers as it had been on the BBC International site! haaaa!)

Lotta... I share your pain! I'm 300g up for the week. No idea why but ham is going to be blamed rather than anything else cos I'm stumped as to why... my rhubarb helps with the old clearing out. I'm probably having more PVs than I should but, hey, real life has to allow veg surely?!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. My food is planned as usual :)

Have a great weekend jo I'll have a search on the apps see what may work for you!

Hi Maintainer, I use ExpatShield it is free to download and use. I don't believe I have ever used it for BBC iplayer but have used it for 4 on Demand when I missed a few episodes of The Return but it does hide your IP address and should in theory work for all the channels. I have also used it for example on Yahoo when it says this video isn't available in your area and it works. Perhaps worth a try before paying for one.

I don't know how to do it but apparently you can stream what you are watching onto your Smart TV. Perhaps someone more clever than me can explain how to do this. :)

Here to subscribe :)

It's been 2 weeks now Jo :( 1st week mother nature slapped me with 2lb gain and this week have STS.....though think a "clear out" is due...the only positive I can take from it is that I haven't gained this week and haven't fallen from my franken-plan yet so it's a lifestyle I can live with, but would prefer weightloss alongside, I really wish I could get into the dukan mode again but the low fat really didn't help my state of mind.....as usual it seems dieting isn't a one-size fits all :eek:....

have a great weekend Jo, hopefully a good one will stand you in good stead for next week's weigh in....just a thought but are you measuring too? I'm hoping that even if the scale doesn't budge that my stats will!

xx

slim dreamer and Pog - thank you so much for your contributions. next time on a computer, I'll have hubby look into that. very kind of you.

I had a couple of weeks like that Sarah, then two good losses, so I probably thought I was onto something good... I don't measure but clothes tell a good story and, although one pair of my size 14 office trousers fit, I'm still a 16 even though they gape...

on a train... waiting for take off... tummy is rumbling loudly. 8 people in compartment with me. muffins or crabsticks? at least I spared them chicken legs or boiled eggs haha...

Back