IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

Happy 50th Birthday Jo !!!!! :birthday: I hope you have a fab day xxxxxx

Ohhh I'm so touched to read your messages. And from some old faces too... thank you girls... No one at work said anything, and I'm not the sort to broadcast it. You just hope people KNOW. Ah... I'm sitting on the train to return me to my country paradise... where the weather looks as bad or the weekend as we've had here today.

A recipe would be hit and miss as nothing was weighed or measured but she explained that vietnamian cookery doesn't really involve heavy sauces like some Chinese ones do... I was surprised I liked the flavours as I was surprised at how much greenery (coriander and mint) went in...

Happy birthday for tomorrow Jo! :birthday::birthday:
Hope all is good with you/
xxxx

Happy Birthday hunni hope you have a fabby day. I hope you are spoiled rotten and get lots of lovely surprises. Please please consider joining us over on FB, we do miss you. And its private ;)
Lots of love
DNSF
xxxxxxx

:candle1:
:birthday:
:bday:

:bestwishes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO XXX:bestwishes::bestwishes::banana dancer: 50 TODAY:banana dancer::candle1::candle1::candle1: HAVE A FABULOUS DAY:bighug:

Happy birthday! 50 and fabulous! x

:birthday:

Have a wonderful day and a lovely (badly translated) meal :D.

May you have many many more!

Ladies good morning,

Back to the city (with a sore throat boooo). My day was fantastic. The lunch was far nicer than their English translation suggested.

The 'mise en bouche' was tabouleh made with quinoah. We both chose asparagus starter (served two ways: mousseline with fresh asparagus around it and a coarser pate type offering, served with a small salad and FRESH bread rolls.) Main we both chose fillet steak served with tiny amounts of six different veg (asparagus, broccoli, cauli, turnip, potato and err oh courguette), mushroom and wine sauce. Dessert I chose red fruit pavlova, OH nougatine. Delicious!

Home at 3:45pm. No time for desired siesta as guests arriving at 6pm. House clean (thanks to OH on Friday!) but furniture still covered with rugs for cat hair and needed to remain so until last minute for obvious reasons. Mini aperitives to cook, but not too early. Pate and foie gras to put on bread (you guessed it, not too early). So I found myself clock watching, not wanting to start preparations, but knowing there'd be too much last minute stuff so I called in reinforcements for 5pm! Having a friend there early made it much more fun too!

20 came. No one knew it was my birthday (my choice) but most brought champagne or flowers. I had picked up a huge birthday cake so I was feted and toasted and it was a great evening! Youngest guest 10, oldest 80.

Sunday we got things straight. Yesterday I lazed and didn't even have my walk (sore throat and rotten weather).

Back to the grind today but only for two days cos Thursday is a public holiday (duh!)...

x

Sounds fantastic Jo sorry about throat xxx

Wonderful day. And that meal sounds so good.

I just noticed your loss. You are almost at goal... That is amazing! Well done xx

Yeah it's strange (to me) how I am losing well without Dukan. I've leant on it for so long yet all I needed was a health scare!

My fit bit tells me I've walked 11.1k today... I knew I ran around a lot at work! And it's encouraging me to walk part way home too.

Tomorrow is a holiday here.

Wow that's a good distance! You off to country or you working Friday ? X

My daily goal is 10k but I seem to only manage around 7-8k unless I go outside for a walk at lunchtime x

I walk to work each day (between 4.5 and 7km) depending on chosen route. Then got off metro three stops early and walked 20 mins home. Plus daytime at work. Not sure I'll manage that each day though. 10000 steps is the target I've been given and I've smashed that both days so it now says I'm under eating which I wish it wouldn't as I'm 1400 to 1500 cals.

Weigh in today 300g down on last Thurs which delights me given the excesses of last Saturday.

Unfortunately am working tomorrow so off for a walk with a friend and her dog, culminating in a market visit. OHs birthday next week so looking for summer tops for him for holiday in 3 weeks!

Cooking my Vietnamese friend's dish for dinner... chicken, Chinese mushrooms, beansprouts, onion, lots of fresh coriander and mint and served with knackered noodles. Plenty of garlic and soy sauce too. Yum

Knackered noodles?

Enjoy your day off x

Back