IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, try try try again and again (and again...)

I love mine I really do. If you link with mfp it really makes you look at what you are eating and doing xxxx

And I swear it's helped me (temporarily?) break the Dukan then binge cycle I was stuck in. Tonight it was too hot to walk 5k home from work but I made myself... "walk more to eat more" is my new maxim and my weight is as low as it's been in ooh four years? Without dieting?!

Surely not all thanks to the fitbit? :) Great stuff though Jo. Really lovely to hear your positive vibes at the mo' Cx

I know it sounds daft but I'm walking at least 5km (plus deviations when I can) to and from work most days and then the food intake just seems to follow naturally. I'm eating salads and fresh veg and fruit from choice and not craving anything, having a couple of biscuits each weekend day and a piece of cake too. Having quinoa / tabouleh regularly too. My carb intake is now between 140 and 180 too. When I know there's something coming up which will give me a heavy calorie day (I've had a couple of 5,000+ days!!), I simply get out there and try to compensate before and after! I know it's all in the head, and it's my strong head at the moment keeping me in check, it's the same head which at times leads me to eat non stop from dawn to dusk without taking a breath ... and once I've done my walking etc, there's no way I'd "ruin it all" by doing something like that!

That's what I mean when I say it's saving my bacon at the moment.

I'm off on my holidays today. Working until lunchtime, racing home to change, and then we head for Calais and overnight to the South Coast. Moving to Cambridgeshire on Sunday visiting family and friends (including Anja from here - can't wait!!), and Monday seeing the Tour de France!! Then up to New Brighton. Crewe. Then back to the South Coast during the early hours of Wed to recover. Back to France on Sat 12th travelling overnight again. 13th arrival. Friends from England joining us in the village for 14th July celebrations. Back to work on 16th.

Lots of time and events to trip me up... hence I'm psyching myself up well beforehand... ok I will probably mess up - I usually do - but every day "clean" is that gained, right?!!

Wearing WHITE slim cut offs today...

Wow Jo sounds like you've got some busy days ahead!!! Hope you have a great time and the weather is kind xx Tour is up in yorkshire but by all accounts people have said there will be so many roads closed up in the dales where it is it will be virtually impossible to get to see it!! I'm sure you will cope fine whilst on your hols - you have got your positive head on and you've got your fitbit!!!! I remember Anja when she used to post on here - and her recipe ideas!! How's she doing? Have a great time Jo xxx

Hope you have fun across the channel, Jo! Probably speak to you when you get back, then, unless you find a friendly wifi connection:)

Hoping to see some of the Tour de France myself, but I've got visitors arriving this weekend so may be too busy.

Cx

Ooh I'm going to the Ely Aquafest on Sunday. No idea what to expect tho! Enjoy your travels Jo x

Did you enjoy the tour yesterday Jo? I heard the helicopters all afternoon from my office and was tempted to go take a peek, but was just too busy. I used to be a huge fan but haven't really watched for years. Aquafest sounds fun, pogmoma: does it involve wearing a bikini? Not sure I'm ready for that yet... :)

have a lovely time Jo xxx

No bikinis involved. We ended up not going cos it was raining! The irony! :D

LOL :)

Hello diary... I was back at work after holiday last Wednesday but, with a house guest since Thursday evening and a distinct lack of willpower, I'm going for damage limitation at the moment. I've had all sorts of things I won't bore you with, but have walked loads, but won't weigh in just yet lest it mess me up further...

I had a good talk about my eating issues with my friend last night, and confessed to stuffing in 6 biscuits while she wasn't around for 10 minutes (why?) so at least I'm not going underground.

No return to Dukan on the cards. Hoping fitbit and healthy eating will help me get back to pre-vacation mindset and weight pronto!

Wow glad you loving the fitbit and healthy living Jo. Ha if you eat them quickly its still the same. Do you get intense guilt after.?

I'm sure you'll be back on track in no time. You can't be perfect all the time, everyone needs to let their hair down during the holidays. And a few biscuits aren't the end of the world! But well done for reigning things in quickly Cxx

Hope you're well Jo x

To be honest, I didn't feel guilty after those biscuits but I was irritated that my friend was returning early, having said she'd be out for dinner, and my "eating" had been curtailed! duh!
So last night was my first evening without a visitor to eat out with! I even had to prepare my own dinner! pffff! So back to reality and I got on the scales and measured myself and am actually surprised at the fairly reasonable gain. For the past week, I've been eating healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks (except for a remarkable Sunday breakfast out - yum!), then walking to wherever dinner was to be consumed, eating whatever (ahem), then walking home usually totalling at least 12-15km a day!
I'm back in the zone anyway and keen to get rid of the 4K gain.
In this heat, I'm finding it easier anyway to want to eat healthily.
x

Yes, I'm finding it easier to drink buckets and buckets of water in this heat - but I also suspect it's making me retain more water weight? 4k is not bad, Jo, you'll be on track in no time. I'm finding it quite challenging to eat healthily with visitors in town, but once they've all gone I'll probably do an attack blitz :)

I wasn't even tempted to go back to attack this time. Calorie counting (and checking on the nutrition with MFP) certainly lets me experience more spontaneity and variety. Yesterday. For instance, a colleague suggested eating lunch in a park and said she was going to Marks. I joined her. Intently examined every sandwich label and chose my favourite. Prawn mayo on brown and came in under calories yesterday.

Brilliant jo. You ( and me ) cs n eat normally but still control our diet.

I always feel I have to cross my fingers in case this bubble bursts at some point...

Back