If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Hi Chris, good luck with your journey. This site is great for support and advice.

Today's news! I have decided to try Weight Watchers. SW just isn't doing it for me anymore, and hasn't for over a year, so I think it is worth a try. I am going to sign up online for a month and see how it goes, and hope it keeps me honest.

I also weighed myself today. 17st 13lbs!!! Definitely the biggest I have ever been. I originally tried the scales in a new place which is out of view of guests, but they said 18.5st so put the scales where they usually go :D and tried again! It will now be staying put!

I signed up today, so I could spend some time getting my head around it. So far it is actually more straightforward than I thought it would be. In a weird way it is more structured than SW, and yet at the same time more flexible, although that is a bit of a contradiction. Tomorrow is going to be my first day, and so far I have planned breakfast and lunch. I get 38 smartpoints to use on meals and snacks per day, and so far I have used 15 points. the remaining 23 will go on milk for my coffee, and dinner, and a snack. Hopefully this is going to be the change I need to get my head focused properly again, and for the long term, not just a couple of days!

It sounds like your head is in the right place for it, hope it works out.

Good luck El!! You can do it - we're all here to support you xxxx

Think with those points based plans it takes a bit of time at the beginning to get to know how it works but then much easier once you get into it

Good luck with your new plan x

Hi Chris, good luck with your journey. This site is great for support and advice.

Today's news! I have decided to try Weight Watchers. SW just isn't doing it for me anymore, and hasn't for over a year, so I think it is worth a try. I am going to sign up online for a month and see how it goes, and hope it keeps me honest.

I also weighed myself today. 17st 13lbs!!! Definitely the biggest I have ever been. I originally tried the scales in a new place which is out of view of guests, but they said 18.5st so put the scales where they usually go :D and tried again! It will now be staying put!

Thanks for your greetings.

Thank you lovelies :)

Very good day today. Even though I was tired this morning, I felt pretty good. I have stuck to plan, and tried to be careful as possible.

Breakfast:
Fruit smoothie - Strawberries, oats, milk, blackcurrant yoghurt (8 points)

Lunch:
Moroccan Couscous, grated carrot, tuna (7 points)

Dinner:
Gammon, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, homemade chips. broccoli (12 points)

Snack:
watermelon, grapes (0 points) with 15g blackcurrant yoghurt (1 point)
Milk for tea and coffee (5 points)

Total: 33 out of 38

I haven't used all my points, as the milk is an estimate, so I have given myself a buffer. However, I also get 42 weekly points, which can be used if all the daily points have been used. They can be used across the week, but you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Tomorrow is nearly planned. Lunch is done, and I have lots of fruit to snack on at work. Sainsburys are stocking my favourite grapes, which they only do for a few weeks once a year. So that was exciting when I found them today.

I haven't felt this positive in ages!!

Sounds good. I use water in my smoothie instead of milk as I found it too thick with the milk.

Sounds like a great menu El! I love the sound of the blackcurrant yogurt - we're a bit limited for flavours here :)

Helloo.

It's been a struggle past week or so. We have moved office buildings at work, from a nice small one that was just my team, to a big open plan one with a few other teams plus us. My anxieties have been high! I don't deal with change well, and add in being surrounded by complete strangers I've been quite stressed. I'm hoping this week will be easier as things settle down. It's safe to say I haven't eaten well this week, and Weight Watchers has been forgotten about.

This week's food is all planned out. I've found a courgette and prawn one pot I am going to try, and also treating myself to trout which I will have with roasted Butternut squash, and this lovely golden rice that Sainsbury's sell. I'm also going to buy frozen fruit for my breakfast smoothie.

So, I am just going to try and keep plodding on, and hope that I actually make some progress this week. My back pain is just getting worse and worse. I walked from work to my Hairdressers the other day, 6 months ago there would of been no issues, but I had to stop a couple of times, and I really ached after about 100m. It's so bad! I need to use my stationary bike, but I'm just so bloody lazy!

My back pain is just getting worse and worse. I walked from work to my Hairdressers the other day, 6 months ago there would of been no issues, but I had to stop a couple of times, and I really ached after about 100m.

Ouch, back pain can be really bad. I have two damaged discs and when I get a flare up I can manage very little. Even my brain stops working. But the irony is that losing weight and exercise improve my back. I find swimming helps me and doing stretches in the pool.
Keep strong, things will eventually click into place.

You can do this El, just try not to put too much pressure on yourself - ease into the situation at work, and do lots of deep in/out breaths.

Ditto on what Tipp says about back pain - make sure you don't overdo it!

Thank you :)

I remember what it was like being 4 stone lighter, it was lovely! I could walk for miles with no aches and pains. I just need to keep that feeling in mind I think. Putting the weight back on has put things into perspective.

I did my monthly budget spreadsheet for the first time at the weekend, and I can't afford to keep with Weight Watchers. My Fitness Pal is now back up and running instead! It wanted set my daily calories at 1280, but I think that is too low, so instead I have set it at 1700 cals a day.

I need to make sure I eat breakfast everyday, as when I don't I tend to eat more in the evenings. I'm not often hungry first thing, but I can take things to work to eat when I get in. Today I have made mini quiches with eggs, peppers, onions and mushrooms. I also have some smoothie mixes in the freezer.

So I'll get there, my brain is slowly beginning to focus.

All we can do is keep going :)

Good day today! I have managed to stay well within my calories. After saying 1270 would be too low, I have got to 1209 without feeling hungry. So a positive day.

Breakfast:
Smoothie made with milk and water - 113 cals

Lunch:
Ham and lettuce wrap with laughing cow triangle - 249 cals

Dinner:
Trout, courgette and chips - 321

Snacks:
Mini Quiches x3 - 235
Grapes - 76

Coffees with:
1% milk - 65
Semi Skimmed Milk - 150

Also 750ml of water.

I feel a bit strange that I have had a low cal day without intending too, and I feel fine about it. But I'm not going to knock it! MFP is going to get used everyday!

I remember what it was like being 4 stone lighter, it was lovely! I could walk for miles with no aches and pains. I just need to keep that feeling in mind I think. Putting the weight back on has put things into perspective..

Hun you won't know yourself when you've lost a bit. I'm the same with my knees, a few stone down and it makes a world of difference.

I think you're right to go higher on the cal level too - and if you don't eat them all, then no biggie - your meals sound lovely, so it's steady as she goes :).

It's definitely going to be small steps forward! Friday was a write off. I ate with no control, and made the mistake of going to the supermarket hungry. Felt rubbish yesterday morning, but that might of been the prosecco, gin and elderflower cordial cocktail, plus the other glasses of prosecco!

Yesterday was slightly better. I did have 6 chunky cod fish fingers and chips for lunch, but then dinner was courgette curry with rice, that was all I ate yesterday. And there were two glasses of wine.

Today is going to be better. Brunch was butternut squash waffles, with x2 mozzarella slices and x2 poached eggs, all for 388 calories, and it was delicious!

In an attempt to try and find 'Me' again, I have dyed my hair purple. In normal light it looks like really dark brown, but in bright sunshine the purple really shines. This was hair colour for years, in the days when my confidence was a bit higher, so I am hoping it will help me find some strength and confidence in myself again. It's one small thing, but hopefully it will help me on my way to making a big change.

Just found your diary, good luck with everything, it seems you've had a lot to deal with.

Weight loss will take time and a lot of patience. I'm sure you will see results.

Thank you Georgie :) You're right, it does take patience. I'm trying to take it day by day.

I've had a good day today! 15 minutes on my stationary bike, and well within my calories. I treated myself to some cheese, and it was good!! All logged on MFP :)

My shopping list for tomorrow is written, so all I have to do is avoid the wine aisle!

Back