If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Supposed to say Sending you willpower vibes... Thats my fat finger syndrome again😱

Thank you lovelies :) Don't worry Tipp, I knew what you meant :)

Things are going well at the moment. I've re-lost the 4lbs I had lost then gained, plus a few extra ounces. Feeling in control with calorie counting at the moment. The penny has finally dropped!

Hi all!!

Quick update! I've lost it again a little bit. My anxiety has been getting the better of me! Today has been the best out of the last few days. I've not brought myself to step on the scales, I'm too scared. I've struggled to plan meals this week as I've not been able to make a decision on what I want. Went to Sainsbury's with a vague list, bought some healthy stuff and just the one bottle of wine. My aim was to abstain for a week and treat myself to a pair of leggings from my favourite online shop, but, failed already. Now just to see how the rest of the week goes.

Just count each day on its own Elanor, it will happen

Yep excellent advice from Tipp - each day brings its own challenges and good stuff, so if you look at it over a week, you can say "I've had five good days out of seven, and I know why things didn't go to plan on the other two days" - and then it feels much more doable. We always start out feeling invincible and that we can be 100% on plan, but you'd only achieve that if you were a robot - and thank goodness we're not :) xxx

Thank you lovelies :) Wise words as always.

I've been following a PT on Insta and he also has a podcast that I've been working through. One thing he advised a client to do was to get a calendar and mark off each day that they hit their calories. But not to look at it weekly, but monthly and see how many days are marked off. I'm going to try it and see if it motivates me to see each day marked off.

Good day so far today. There is no wine in the house, so no temptation!! Ended up drinking the whole bottle last night (Ooops!!). Then, had a cup of tea before bed and it was amazing!! So much better than all the wine!! I need to remember that feeling. Tea is the way forward!!

Hi everyone! I didn't realise it had been so long since I last posted, and I still haven't got a calendar. I might just print one off. No idea why I didn't think of that before!!

It's been a weird few weeks. Lots of wine, too much high cal food and not enough exercise!! Today is all about proper food planning and actually writing it down, instead of leaving it in my head.

NSV on Friday! I had to go to a training course on Friday. There were also two others from my department going, but they got there separately so I had to go on my own. Which I did!! Entered building on my own, asked reception for directions then found the room on my own! This is a big deal for me as new places really freak me out. Then, going back to the car I took the stairs in the car park. Other 2 went in the lift and I still beat them!! So that was good :)

I will try and catch up on diaries at some point, but got a few things to do today first.

Well done on managing the course venue! Good job!

Thank you both :) I was unusually proud of myself.

Today has not been a good day! Work was awful and quite stressful. Ended up buying comfort food and wine for dinner!! One good thing is I have logged everything on MFP! So holding myself accountable.

Lunch for tomorrow is sorted. Cooking a chicken breast as I type and already put a salad together. Only 240 cals!! Although I still need to add the dressing to MFP. Still good though. It's surprising how much salad you get so little calories, the salad part is only about 54 cals and there's loads!

Dinner is going to be salmon and something. Either med veg or roasted celeriac, carrot, red pepper and steam broccoli.

Getting there slowly!

Sounds like 2 good meals Elanor. I did batch cooking at the weekend, chicken too😊

Your food and planning sounds delicious!

El you absolute star on doing so well with the work thing - and taking the stairs!

You're fabulous and doing great on the food front, just keep focusing on the good days love xx

Thank you lovelies :)

Although yesterday was not good!! Worse than Monday as I succumbed to pizza, also more wine! Not the whole bottle though. Finished it today.

Today has actually been really good. So far under my cals, still have 265 but I plan on not having them to try and slightly make up for the last 2 days.

Dinner was my own take on a katsu curry. In the sauce was plain chicken (not breaded), spring onions, pak choi and spinach served on brown rice. It was nice, but not sure if I would cook it again.

Due to 2 days not having my planned dinner I now have lots of random veg in the fridge, hopefully I'll get through it before it goes mushy. I'm not sure if it will go together well enough for soup.

Or maybe a veg tray bake, or roasted veg?

I was just trying to remember how long ago it was when we all got together, do you remember what year El?

I was just trying to remember how long ago it was when we all got together, do you remember what year El?

It was 2015. I first started SW and joined Minis in 2014 and I'm pretty sure Brum was the year after. That was a lovely day!

Another fairly good day. Pasta and meatballs for dinner! So yummy! May go slightly over cals and I have a crunchie ice cream in the freezer, still in control though. Not like Tuesday when it was me in auto pilot!

Back