If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Often it is easier to make better choices when 'not on plan'. I suppose it's because we are putting less pressure on ourselves. This time of year is hard enough as it is, without having to work shifts etc. Just go with the flow, and if you have a bad day don't worry. xx

I did that ladies. Have to get your head in the zone again. It took me about 3 years.

Right, I'm back......Again!! Now Christmas is gone, and life has settled down, I'm finding it easier to make better choices. I managed 19 full days of Dry January, but days 20 and 21 involved a bottle of wine each! Ooops! But back on it now. It really made me realise the impact of alcohol on the ability to say no to food. Friday especially, I just ate without caring, even though I had a niggle at the back of my brain telling me not to eat.

Anyway, so far this year I have lost 8lbs! Which I am very happy with. I have also been doing more exercise, and making better food choices. I'm currently not following any particular plan, just choosing good foods, and trying to limit the amount of carbs/sugar I have. Once I feel completely back on it, then I am going to calorie count, but I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself, as I am worried that if I do, I will fail. And that is not an option.

I am going to try and keep updating here, with my random thoughts and hope that this time I keep going!

Woohoo wtg Elanor, that's a great January loss! Alcohol has a lot to answer for - I know it's certainly added to my gains over the years...:rolleyes:

Hi All. Well, I might of fallen of the wagon, again!! But, I have done my shopping list for the week, and it is all veg and healthy things. I looked at myself in the mirror last night and it just made me angry. I am allowing myself wine, but only on either a Friday or Saturday, otherwise I will fall back into my really bad 3 bottle a week habit! And that isn't good.

Hopefully this week goes to plan. I am also going to try and post at least once a day on here to keep me honest. I'll try and catch up on other people's diaries at some point as well.

Thank you Susie :)

Good day today. Forgot to eat breakfast, but had a huge ham, tomato and lettuce sandwich for lunch, had a Go Ahead bar for a snack, and a huge x2 egg omelette with red onion, mushrooms, ham and cheese with cherry toms and cucumber on the side.

Tomorrow, the plan is a smoothie for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and then not sure about dinner yet. It will be either a jacket pot with baked beans, cheese and veg, or chicken and mushroom stir-fry. Will get a snack in there as well. Not counting calories just yet, I want to get back in the swing of things first, without it feeling like a chore.

My victory for today, is not going to buy wine, even though I really craved some!

Day was good, started with a green smoothie, sandwich at lunch and jacket pots with beans, red onion, mushrooms and cheese for dinner. Never got around to my snack.

Slowly but surely getting back on track :)

My victory for today, is not going to buy wine, even though I really craved some!

Day was good, started with a green smoothie, sandwich at lunch and jacket pots with beans, red onion, mushrooms and cheese for dinner. Never got around to my snack.

Slowly but surely getting back on track :)
Well done for resisting the wine! It looks as if you're making a really great start xx

Last week wasn't too bad. 3 good days out of 5, which is an improvement on 0 out of 5. Today is rugby day, so there is beer, and food isn't brilliant. Tomorrow will be better, no booze and a SW inspired roast dinner.

I think I am making slow progress, but I'm happy with that, as it's better than no progress. At the moment I am either fully on it, or one thing derails me and the day goes down hill. Tomorrow I will be doing my meal planning, I think it will mainly involve jacket pots, as I am craving those at the moment.

Well, I think I'm finally full!! Made a quick dinner of a smoked haddock risotto, it was just a quick microwave dinner as I couldn't be bothered to cook. Didn't like it, so for the first time in years I threw food away! Usually I would just eat it. So, re-heated cauliflower cheese from last night, and cooked some sausages, but by the time the sausages were cooked I wasn't hungry any more. Made myself eat the sausages with a slice of bread and butter, but I've left half the cauli cheese, and half a slice of bread. Now I feel stuffed!

I'm feeling good about this week, and determined to not over eat. I plan on using up what I have in the house, then at the weekend I am going against all I believe in and throwing out food I don't need. Then I will have a fresh start, instead of feeling like I need to eat things to get through them.

You've hit the nail on the head El - for me success in this food battle will be when I recognise when I'm full and stop, rather than ploughing through it all.

I HATE wasting food, and I have real hangups from childhood about clearing my plate (starving children in Biafra, anyone?) - and these are hard things to get past. Anyone have any tips?

I hate wasting food too. It just doesn't feel right to throw it away. But, it is something I am going to have to do, as if I am full and it's gone, I can't eat it. If I don't throw it, I'll eat it and feel like I'm going to explode. This week has been an improvement on last week, still a way to go, but hopefully by taking baby steps I will get there. I can't get any bigger. I am feeling the effects, which I didn't really think about last time I was this weight, and for the first time I am able to appreciate what it felt like to be 4 stone lighter.

Gave into the wine craving today. But, I have had less this week than last week!

Hello Eleanor,
Long time no see! Hope you're well and enjoying life. Good to see you're still popping in here occasionally and still making good progress.

I had a massive slide backwards weight wise, but I have a beautiful baby daughter to show for it!!

Back