If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Well, I can confirm that I love my dishwasher!! I've had a "where have you been all my life" moment with it!

Also had a small victory today. I was craving Dominos pizza like there was no tomorrow, but, I resisted and had a pasta and sauce packet with ham and peas instead. And as it is Saturday part 2 a couple of glasses of wine too :D I love bank holiday weekends!!

I did not know that Susie! That just blows my mind, and all I have ever known about pepperoni :D

Yep dishwashers really are the best thing ever! :D

LOL on the pepperoni - I think here it's called salami piccante. They also don't do garlic bread, just plain, or salad dressings (they use oil) - and meatballs hardly ever come with spaghetti :).

No garlic bread! Not sure I could survive :D It all makes me wonder if the rest of the world actually knows anything Italy at all.

Very true Lottie, it's a shame the Bunny brought me an Easter Egg as well. Ferrero Rocher, my favourite!!

Well, I am on the 2nd day of my holiday!! Too much food, wine and gin consumed already!! Fish and chips last night, it was lovely! Currently waiting for a pizza! Location is beautiful. Today I have read my book, and just watched the world go by out of the big living room window. I'm still acclimatising, being in a strange place freaks me out, as I am very much a creature of habit. I like my routine, and going to the same supermarket etc. So this is a good experience for me, gets me out of my comfort zone. I was terrified of going out to find a chip shop on my own yesterday, but I managed it after a few words from one of my friends on messenger. I was very proud of myself, so today I am treating myself to having my pizza delivered :D

At some point I shall try and upload some photos, as it is glorious here. Though it would be nice if the harbour was a bit busier.

Hope everyone is ok. I shall update again when I can xx

Sounds glorious - and well done for breaking the routine, you sound really uplifted :). Although that might be the fish and chips :D.

Sounds lovely Elanor, would live to see some pics.

Fish and chips - yum! Holidays are all about treating yourself :)

The fish and chips were so good, that I went back again today!

I haven't really done much. I have mainly wandered round the harbour, and read my book! I never read at home, so it has been a bit of a luxury! I finished one book in 3 days! So tomorrow I can start another one.

I have been feeling a bit homesick. So, I have decided to go home late Thursday, instead of early Friday. I think a full week away was a bit optimistic. This time Sunday I was ready to go home Monday, so I've done alright! My anxiety has tried to take hold, but so far I have controlled it, however the urge to be at home where I feel safe is getting stronger! I may go home tomorrow evening, but I am going to try and hold out until Thursday.

Fish and chips... food of the gods !

So pleased you have had a nice time and really proud of you for facing your anxiety. Well done x

I think you've proved a lot to yourself just by being away for a bit on your own.

I had a holiday on my own in the Isle of Wight once - hated it, everything was shut, the weather was dire, I was bored stupid, as there was no radio or TV or wifi in the rental cottage, so I headed back early too :).

Well, I am home! Decided this morning to pack up my car and head back East. I did love the view, and watching the tide go in and out was fascinating, but my homing instinct got the best of me. Plus, the hob was rubbish, neither of the loos flushed properly, and the shower was miles from the bed room. Also, getting my car out was a job and a half, so I didn't feel it was worth trying most days. When I got home I was so happy! I said hello to everything, and just felt calm and relieved! I'm glad I went though. It proved to myself I can be somewhere that is new and way out of my comfort zone, I was just a bit optimistic on the length of time away.

Few more days off the wagon, then will be on it properly next week. Technically I'm still on holiday :D:D

Glad you're home safe and sound Elanor. You did brilliantly to get there and enjoy a few days. No point in pushing yourself to stay longer than you felt comfortable to - you should enjoy your holidays ! Hope you have a nice few days at home to finish off your holiday x

Hi Elanor, popping in to say hello and follow your story. So jealous of your holiday. I am where you were a while ago, job seeking and continuously attending interviews for all sorts of things. It had been 20 years since I was on the interview carousel and while I know my age will go against me I don't want my weight to as well. I know technically neither should play a part but recently I was very qualified for a job I went for and the owner and manager where both early 40s and everyone else seemed to be in their 20s and all super fit and super glam...I felt so old and so frumpy.
Best wishes to you and glad you found a suitable job, the weight will deal with itself when it's the right time.

Right! This week is it! I will make good choices, and plan! I have gone through all my Slimming World stuff and old food diaries for inspiration, and come up with a very good menu and shopping list. All my lunches and dinner are SW friendly, and for breakfast I will be trying out some fruit smoothies. I'm not going to be following SW, just using the recipes to help me make good choices. If I'm really good I will be logging on MFP again, as well as keeping track with my diary on here. I'm not sure when I will get to the shop, so tomorrow and possibly Tuesday will be iffy, but this week has to be better than recent months. I will also be reducing the wine intake to one bottle a week :D

Hi Tipperary! Good luck with the job hunt! I hope you find one that suits you. :)

Sounds like an excellent plan El! You are back in the zone my lovely woohoo!

I like doing some SW recipes too, and I love smoothies - never agreed with that whole SW "must syn it" take on smoothies!

Thank you Susie :) I agree, there are some things that just don't make sense on SW. And I think Smoothies are fine, as long as they are planned for, and counted if CC'ing etc.

Back