If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Yes there's something very uplifting about starting a new week - and i know just what you mean about going over and it feeling pointless to carry on - but that's the key, I guess, hun, just get straight back on plan - not just for weight loss but I know I feel happier emotionally that I didn't completely railroad myself xx

We are our own worst enemies it feels like. I am in a constant battle with myself. On one side is my love of pizza, wine and gin, on the other my need to lose weight.

Today has been pretty good. Used 8 of my 42 weekly points, and stuck to plan!

B - fried egg on wholemeal sandwich thins, one with ketchup (1 pt) and one with salad cream (1 pt)

L - Baked bean lasagne (3 pts)

D - Creamy chicken and spinach pasta.

Snack - digestive biscuit (3 pts)

Also drank 2 pints of water.

Weeklies - 8 used, 34 left.

Mixed day today. Breakfast and lunch went well. Dinner not so good. But, it could of been worse.

Mon 4 June

B - Yoghurt, strawberries, oats

L - Creamy chicken and spinach pasta

D - x3 amazing sausages, x2 hot dog buns.

x2 gin and tonics!!

One day at a time!! A positive note is I did a big shop today and it was all healthy stuff. So rest of the week has the potential to be on plan.

Hello!

It's been a busy week! Bit up and down, but I lost 2lbs when I weighed in yesterday. So I am very happy with that as it means I am back in the 19s!

The other day I watched a programme called "The Truth about Carbs" on BBC1. I really only watched it because the Dr presenting is a rather dreamy, but I ended up being really inspired!! It was basically promoting eating the right kinds of carbs. So cutting out processed foods, things high in sugar etc. So I am trying to focus on the types of carbs I put in my body and filling up on the good kind. Shopping list this week had lots of veg, and meal plan also includes wholemeal pasta instead of the lovely white stuff.

So hopefully this will be a good week :)

Woohoo on the 2lbs El, that's brilliant!!!!

And I like the sound of cutting out processed stuff and sugar - you will see a fab result on the scales next week for sure xxx

Thank you Susie :)

Another good day! I've decided to focus on the healthy swaps rather than weight loss. Losing will be a bonus, and when I am used to the proper way of eating then I will focus on the weight loss. Hopefully less pressure will be a good thing.

B - Strawberries, raspberries and greek yoghurt.
L - Wholemeal pasta with onion, chopped toms and oregano.
D - Salmon and broccoli baked with spring onion, soy sauce and lemon juice.

Treat - small crispie cake, glass of red wine.

Hellooo!

I am actually feeling pretty good at the moment. Now I am not worrying about Weight Watchers I am feeling more positive. I know what I need to do, and it is actually so straight forward. I keep getting cravings, but I'm trying to ignore them. Today it is chips! But I drove straight home and didn't give in and go to the shop.

I did a sneaky weigh in when I got home from work today. Lost 3lbs since Sunday! So hopefully official WI this coming Sunday it will be a good result :)

I think I have finally turned a corner. Making an effort to just eat the right kinds of carbs is easier than it sounds!! I am prepared for there to be off days, but I also know that there are going to be good days! I need to focus on the good days!

Oh that's fabulous El, it's so great when your head is in the right place and it doesn't all feel like a real struggle - I predict a mahoosive loss for you on Sunday!!! :)

Hi Elanor. Sounds like you’ve made some great swaps and your menu is looking great. Sometimes less structure takes the pressure off and can be easier. Well done on your 3lb loss and good luck for your weigh in.

Charlotte x

Good news!! Official weigh in shows a 4lb loss!! That's the most I have lost in one go for about 2 years! Now 19st 10lbs!! I'm finding low sugar and making healthy swaps a lot easier than Weight Watchers, so that subscription is going!! My next challenge is going to be alcohol. As that is definitely not low sugar and is not brilliant for losing weight. I have cut down a lot recently, but I'm still enjoying a tipple every evening. Sometimes it's a gin and tonic, sometimes it's a glass or two of wine. One challenge at a time though.

Food for the week is nearly planned out. No pasta this week, and will have veg with my curries instead of rice. Trying to keep the veg intake nice and high!

Woohoo!!!!! well done El, that's fabulous!

And I love the veg swaps for pasta - and try cauli or broccoli rice, i love them with curries :).

What about low cal G&T?

I love baby corn, green beans and broccoli with my curries. I tried broccoli rice, but it confused me. Might try it again one day. I need to try cauli rice one day as well.

I usually have the Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic with my gin. I will swap to the light tonic and see how I get on with that. I also need to measure the gin!! I think I probably have either triple or quadruple measures!!

That is brilliant Elanor! Well done! I used to love a slimline G&T or with bitter lemon, yum. I can’t drink anymore as I’ve had alcohol intolerance for about 5 years now, makes me really ill and feels like I’ve been poisoned 🤢. The swaps sound great. I’ve not tried broccoli or cauliflower rice before, I normally just miss out the rice so that would be a nice filler to add. Keep up the good work, you’re doing great x

Hellooo! Yesterday was a good day! Good choices most of the day and I didn't feel hungry. Another good day today, feel full up after dinner.

Yesterday:

B - Skyr (not a fan, back to greek yoghurt when the pot is finished), with raspberries and strawberries
L - Ham salad sandwich (from the Co-Op, could of been worse) and watermelon.
D - Cheese and garlic giant mushrooms with fried eggs on bread.

Snack/treats - cashews, glass of red wine

Today:

B - Skyr with strawberries and raspberries
L - Mixed quinoa and seeds with cherry toms, cucumber, feta and kalamata olives
D - Chicken korma (no rice) with carrots, baby corn, broccoli and sugar snaps.

Snack/treats - dark choc and cashews, glass of red wine

I don't like Skyr either, find it a bit too claggy (is that a word? LOL).

El I just love your menus! They are really well rounded, fruit and veg in there, plus some fibre - and they sound yummy too - GO GIRL! :).

Claggy is definitely a word, in fact, I think it is the word I was trying to think of to describe it. It's edible, but not overly pleasant. Back to Greek yoghurt for me.

Aww, thanks for the positivity and menu love :)

Today could of been better. All was going well until I bought and ate a pizza. I wanted sweet potatoes in Sainsbury's and they didn't have any, so instead of just leaving it and sticking with what I already had at home, I gave in to temptation. Oh well, just one bad meal out of 3 today! Could be worse :)

It's just one meal so don't worry about it love, I actually think you'll get better results by dipping over your cal allowance every now and then anyway x

The last couple of days have been ok. I have been doing well for breakfast and lunch, but dinner has been trickier. Mainly as I have been getting back from work late, so cooking has been last thing on my mind. Last night could of been better, x2 skinny burgers with camembert!! and crispy potato slices! So bad, but it was yummy.

Today has been ok. 2 slices of bread and butter with some emmental cheese for breakfast, and not hungry yet, so may just try and wait until dinner before eating again. If I do get hungry then I have some eggs and spinach.

I had a sneaky WI this morning, it showed a 1lb gain, so that will be the pizza on Wednesday! I'm feeling ok though, and not like I'm about to fall off the wagon, so that's progress.

Back