If at first you don't succeed try, try, try and try again....

Cutting out wine during the week sounds like a great plan El, it makes it easier to avoid those pesky carbs :classic_roll_eyes:.

Feeling very positive this evening! I have done some meal planning, and it all looks good and most of all it is all easy to prepare!

Dinners
- Prawn Thai curry with veg (no rice)
- Sweetcorn Salsa with either salmon or grilled halloumi
- Steak, broccoli and celeriac

Lunch
- Bulgur wheat salad with feta, sweetcorn, cucumber, red pepper and chives.
(Will think of other things as the week goes on)

Breakfast will be the usual greek yogurt and fruit.

To act as an alcohol substitute I am going to get some elderflower cordial and soda water. Also going to keep going with the chamomile tea! I'm loving it in the evenings.

Afternoon all :)

Day off work today! I'm quite glad as it is one less day in the furnace that is my office. Good day so far, went food shopping, got some washing on and dishwasher is ready to go once washing machine has finished.

I was very self controlled at Sainsbury. No terrible impulse buys. I found a juniper and tonic drink which is non-alcoholic and tastes lovely!! Very junipery, and perfect with ice! So it should help me to not miss my G&T's of an evening. Also got 2 bottles of soda water and a bottle of elderflower cordial.

B - raspberries and greek yogurt
L - cold gammon, x2 fried eggs and spring greens
D - Salmon and sweetcorn salsa.

I now plan on spending the day watching Wimbledon and keeping hydrated.

Thank you Susie :) Raspberries are excellent at the moment! I had some big juicy ones today.

Ended the day well. I fried off some Halloumi instead of the salmon, but the salsa was awful. It would of been lovely, but it turns out I hate fresh coriander! It over powered the whole thing and I just couldn't eat it. The halloumi was good though.

Lunch is all sorted for tomorrow, just need to sort out breakfast. Shower and bed soon I think.

That juniper drink sounds good, I wouldn't mind trying some. I like elderflower to but am always concerned about the sugar in it.
Have you tried slimming noodles ( konjac noodles) with your curry as a rice substitute, they have no calories.
Some people just can't stand coriander, my daughter included. Apparently some taste buds identify it as a bleach type taste.

I buy elderflower cordial, and I dilute it way more then the serving suggestion. Besides, it is much better than alcohol, and ifit helps me be teetotal for a while it's worth it. I think I have some of those noodles in the cupboard, I keep forgetting I have them though.

Another good day today, even though I was back at work and that was rubbish. Food was good, and didn't buy any wine or gin went I popped in to Sainsbury! I really wanted some though.

B - Low fat greek yog, strawberries and raspberries.
L - Bulgur wheat/Quinoa, feta, toms, cucumber and sweetcorn.
D - Halloumi and with cheesy garlic giant mushrooms.

Snack - Apple

I haven't been very good with the water drinking today. My target tomorrow is make sure I have a few cups, as well as my coffees.

I'll report back on the Twinings cold infuse flavourings that I've bought El - they should arrive tomorrow, and i think they sound like a great way to get flavouring into the water for zero/minimal calories :).

Oooh love the sound of your dinner!

Wow your menu sound lush, good clean eating, lots of goodness in those meals xxx

Your menus sound really nice x

Thank you lovelies :)

Yesterday was a terrible day! I felt odd all afternoon, then felt really sick on the way home, ended up throwing up in the toilet at the park and ride car park (very classy). Then got home and all hell broke loose! I then ended up passing out for a couple of hours, then I woke up, had a shower and went back to bed. I think it could be the heat combined with time of the month. Whatever it was, I felt so awful I nearly called 999. Thankfully I didn't, as I think it would of been a waste of their time, but in the moment it felt like a possibility.

Today I haven't eaten much. Had little bit of yogurt, a chicken salad sandwich and some watermelon. Water has been my main focus, I've had about 2 litres which is really good for me. I don't feel like much this evening, so just cooking some chips.

This weather can go away now. Give me a nice crisp Autumn day!

Moderation is key. Make the best choices that you and but enjoy life as well. One dink is good, anything more is excessive. You have the strength and discipline inside you that will help you make the right choices. 80/20 80% of the time be healthy (make it fun and delicious ) and then 20% of the Time have that drink or yummy treat. As long as you keep progressing consistently you are winning. Being healthy and fit is not a quick fix diet, its a life style, and once you make that lifestyle enjoyable for yourself by realizing you need to be committed for the long run everything will be ok. I have faith in you and I KNOW you are going to achieve you goals on this journey yet enjoy the path that you are taking. YOU GOT THIS.

xxx

Oh El you poor love, that sounds awful!

I'm with you on the heat, I'm sitting indoors with a fan blowing on my face - and sweat dripping delicately off the end of my nose :classic_eek:. A crisp autumn day sounds perfect right now! :)

I have my fan going too! Best thing I have ever bought! On the plus side of this week, I am 5 days alcohol free!! That's the longest I have gone without for a very long time!

Thank you Susie :) xx

Weighed in today, 5lbs off! So that's my 3lb gain plus 2 more gone! Very pleased with that! Just had my treat of an egg and bacon sandwich, so that should keep me full for ages! Also got my Massive jug filled with water to get through. It's already roasting here! About 25 degrees! So I'm just going to stay in, try and keep cool and relax. Hope everyone has a good day, stay cool!! xx

Firstly, I’m so sorry you had such a terrible day yesterday. It must of been really worrying. I hope you’re feeling much better today. Secondly, a massive WELL DONE on your loss and your 5 days!!!! X

Thank you ladies :) It's been a good-ish day. Lots of water, but I overate at dinner. I have learnt something about myself today, that I've never noticed before. I'm really lazy and eat my dinner on tray sat on the sofa. Today, I instintively put it to one side after eating probably about half and I thought to myself that I was full. But, as I left it while I was watching the tennis I kept picking at it, and it was nearly all gone before I realised!! So, lesson is, when I naturally put my dinner down, the plate needs to go straight to the kitchen!! I think it is something I do a lot without realising.

Back