If you could give a new starter one piece of advice what would it be?

I was making my tea and I was thinking about this...

If you were to give one piece of advice to someone who is starting what would it be?

it might be the best way to use your points over the three meals or maybe the best filling snack (or best 0 point thing you found ;) especially this one )

Try and leave a bulk of your weeklies for unplanned events. (I save around half). It might mean you can go out for those spontaneous end of week drinks or sudden meal out without ruining the week's weight loss.

I've made sure I set a breakfast reminder on my phone using the app because i know i never loose if i miss breakfast for more then 1 day and if i miss breakfast for one day im more likely to miss more then 1

Don't be afraid to weigh and measure portions. Before I started WW I was probably having 3 times as much food simply because the portions I was taking were very large, and don't guestimate size and weight either, it's always much bigger than you think.

At the same don't panic. A bad meal doesn't have to turn into a bad day, a bad day doesn't have to be a bad week. Acknowledge it, point it, learn any triggers from it and move no. As someone said up thread save at least half your weeklies for unexpected emergencies and damage limitation becomes easier, and you need not feel guilty about drinks in the pub after work etc.

Also, get a pedometer. That's the only piece of WW merchandise that I will advise people to buy, but I was shocked when I got one, how much I wasn't moving at the office and shocked at how much wanted to move an extra 400 steps to get the next point or mile on the clock. And its an easy way of rewarding you for moving more by recording activity points throughout the day.

Back