if you had to how would you cut your syns?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by FatGirlSlim81, 31 March 2011 Social URL.

1. FatGirlSlim81

FatGirlSlim81 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    thinking from the other thread on syns and potential changes, if you had to cut back on your daily/weekly syns how would you do it?

i would have a few less sweeties (mentos fruit chews) and less sauces like ketchup and mayo?

you?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    Being on SW brought it home to me how synful my red wine is! I have cut down a lot since I started SW but I would probably cut down even more if I had to.

Don't eat chocolate or sweets, just the occasional biscuit or cake if my daughter has been baking in school (she's only 13 and it would be rude not too ;))

My other syns go towards the odd sauce like pesto or olive oil so I wouldn't like to see myself give up these.

4. Helen Clark

Helen Clark Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.65%)
    I really struggle to use my syns and often eat something just to use some up, so I don't think I would really miss them - even if they were halved or something.

5. JemmaBe

JemmaBe Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I really have no idea how I'm going to do it. 10-15 syns a day keep me sane, and allow me enough treats :(
    I have to realistically cut ONE thing out. Maybe the hot chocolate at bed time, rather than the sweet treat after dinner. Sob.

6. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I rarely use syns daily zero so far from monday - I keep them for a few voddies on the weekend so could cut those down but I rarely use more than half my syn allowance

7. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like a drink at the weekend, so I would tend to use my syns for that. I'm a red wine drinker, and the wine I drink is 8 syns per large glass (or 24 for the bottle)

I noticed in my book that vodka is 4 syns per measure, so I decided to switch to that, only I found I ended up drinking a lot more of it and took on board more syns than I anticipated, so I stick to the red wine, and wouldn't use my syns any differently.

Aside from this, I would use them for ketchup, HP sauce, or extra cheese.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.