If you over syn one day...under syn the next?

Mamacandoit

Almost each week I end up having a day where I go over 15 syns. I don't deliberately do it but life happens.
Not for the same reason each week although I've narrowed a lot of it down to tiredness.

I know the official line is to just get up the next day and resume having 15 syns maximum per day without compensating for yesterday's over synning but if I did that surely I'd not lose weight?
So far I've been adjusting my syns to compensate and have lost weight.

I don't cut back. If I start saying no to things, that's when it will all go wrong for me. I don't often use all my syns, though. I maybe use 8-10 on average, so if you were to look at it over a week, I've got a few going spare, but it's not a conscious decision.

Almost each week I end up having a day where I go over 15 syns. I don't deliberately do it but life happens.
Not for the same reason each week although I've narrowed a lot of it down to tiredness.

I know the official line is to just get up the next day and resume having 15 syns maximum per day without compensating for yesterday's over synning but if I did that surely I'd not lose weight?
So far I've been adjusting my syns to compensate and have lost weight.

Suppose whatever works for you, really and if by cutting back a bit to compensate is still allowing you to lose weight, I'd stick to what you're doing. As long as, like shygirl says, you don't feel like you're missing out, seems to be good for you. :)

Kathy

Almost each week I end up having a day where I go over 15 syns. I don't deliberately do it but life happens. Not for the same reason each week although I've narrowed a lot of it down to tiredness. I know the official line is to just get up the next day and resume having 15 syns maximum per day without compensating for yesterday's over synning but if I did that surely I'd not lose weight? So far I've been adjusting my syns to compensate and have lost weight.

A lot of fellow ladies and gents on here count down from 105 syns as a weekly total, so i'd assume compensating must work...i always look at it as15 a day because i need the rules and regulations otherwise i'd have 105 on the first day and none left for the rest of the week, lol

I always consider my syns to be a weekly total. I eat out usually once and often twice a week, so if I didn't I'd be stuffed! It's always worked for me. I then average it at the end of the week to check I'm averaging 10-12 a day as I know I'll usually get a loss at that level.

I don't really use syns except for 1-2 days a week when I'm out with friends so tend to consider them more a weekly total than a daily thing just like flashharry above. :)

Hi. You can count your syns over a week but for no longer time. Although i know my consultant doesnt recomend doing this every week. I only save syns if i know i have a meal out or something over a weekend. Everyones different though and if you use your syns over a week and are still loosing i wouldnt worry about it.

I tend to eat out at least once a week, and although I try and be sensible with my choices, I can never be sure how many syns are in what I am eating, so I tend to at least cut back the day before and the day after. I always seem to keep up with my weight loss this way, but our consultant says that we are not following plan if we don't eat our syns. I've never been sure whether there is some 'synergy' element to including them in the plan, or whether they are more there so that we don't go off-plan, but opinion seems to be divided on this. I've never been good with moderation, unfortunately, and I'd agree with others that a weekly total is a good way to go if you feel you are the same. I'd carry on with whatever works for you :).

if I know iv got a weekend out planned or had a naughty day I always tend to cut back a little bit it works for me by mentaining or a little gain depending how bad iv been lol

I do this and it's not hurt me so far.

The cadburys mini rolls and muffin I had today might though. Ooops!!

Iv got a turkish meal on Friday and I cannot wait and a night out on Sunday so am cutting back on my syns these next couple of days just hope it works and I don't have a gain fingers crossed!

My consultant reminds us every week that we have 105 syns a week! If we want to have them all in one day then that's our choice. If its working for you go for it! If I have something that I know will take me over my daily syns then I try to save up syns to use or cut down syns after and it has worked for me so far x

Back