1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

I'll be dangerous when I get to target!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by funcurls, 6 March 2010 Social URL.

1. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi folks, I just wanted to share with you that I went into Laura Ashley yesterday to buy a Birthday pressie for my M-I-L and I totally fell in love with their clothes!! On one hand I found it inspiring as I imagined myself nice and slim wearing them, but on the other hand it made me realise how dangerous I'll be when I get to target!! Not that I could afford to buy many clothes with such a big price tag, but Next, Oasis and many other shops are now starting to catch my eye and I'm imagining myself in their clothes!!! How have people who have lost a lot of weight and had to buy a whole new wardrobe managed?! Has it been a pricey affair, and where do you stop now that there's so much choice available to you?!?!X
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jenks212

jenks212 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    i think once at target i think i will be leathel also but hile im losing weight i buy all my clothes from george or the likes cant wait to go to "normal shops"
  4. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

ebay is hevan and you can get plenty of LA stuff, no point wasting a lot of money if your losing a ton of weight over a period of time :)
  5. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Slim & Save
    When I lost weight before (using naughty naughty diet pills), I still preferred to shop in George or Tu (Sainsbury's my fave). I would only buy the odd thing from Next and a few things from DP (until I went off their clothes (too Top Shop for my liking)). Oooo, just remembered that I also love New Look (both then and now) but haven't been for ages....
  6. philly_x

philly_x Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    lol!! I know im going to be TERRIBLE! Right now I buy most of my clothes from Primark...because I dont see the point in spending lots of money on fab clothes if im not going to look good in them...

but once I could look good in them...I know i'll be splurging on expensive fab clothes!! Cant wait tho!! x
  7. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I really like the shop Republic, but am too fat at the mo! So when I slim down I think I may end up going crazy in there! Oooh and River Island and Oasis!!

Will need a bank loan! lol
  8. NewSlimmerMe

NewSlimmerMe Full Member

Slimming world - Body Optimise
    I am going to be TERRIBLE. I have expensive taste.

I love my Ted Baker handbags and D&G sunnies, I also love Tiffany jewellery.

I'll just have to transfer that expensive taste to clothes. I can't wait to be able to shop in Ted Baker, FCUK, etc.

It currently makes me sick when I look in designer clothes shops (which I do ALL the time, but can only buy accessories!) and an XL is something like a size 10!
    Last edited: 7 March 2010
  9. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I am just a few lbs from target - and actually starting to think my weight just won't drop any lower. I'm totally addicted to trying on clothes and have to be really strict to resist buying everything I try, now I'm a size 10!

I love looking through magazines and catalogues for inspiration - I recently scanned loads of pictures from magazines and catalogues onto my computer so I can flick through them as a kind of virtual fashion show. If I find something on the internet that I like, I save that too. These are mostly looks using combinations of clothes similar to ones I already have that I would never have considered or dared trying together before losing weight.

My major problem is that I can't bear to throw things away, but I've found there's a limit to how much you can take in clothes! On the positive side, though, I can now wear clothes I last wore 15 years ago and which are now back in fashion - I've got a fab "new" little denim dress and suede mini skirt, though my skinny leg leather trousers are now too big!

I now try to set a budget by sticking to a list of "essentials" for the coming season, but try to make sure the items I buy will not date too quickly. Adding new accessories is often a cheaper option to bring things up to date.

Good luck everyone - you will LOVE it when you are the size you want to be. Your credit card may not be quite so happy though!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.