I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

I've just been sitting here trying to decide whether to have a milky bar or not.

I have decided I can fight the urge tonight (and tomorrow) and reward myself with a FULL SIZE bar on Wednesday.

How sad, I am soooooooooooooooooo excited!

Hope you've had a nice evening! Sometimes it can make such a difference to the rest of the week if you just give yourself the time to plan ahead and prepare.

I really need to have a look at some of these recipes, I only ever make mine up in my head so I think I need to bulk cook and freeze as I haven't really done that yet. I tend to make 2 days worth of food but then I run out and am at a loss as to what to do for lunch at work! Organisation is key I feel.

How long are you giving yourself off at Christmas?

Ahhh, a full size bar sounds amazing, and it'll be totally worth it!

Sitting at group trying not to cry....I've been 100% all week and I've maintained....had an awful day at work too and really needed a good result and I get a stay the same.

I think life might be having a big old laugh at my expense right now.....

Aw no :( that really sucks! Did you eat anything heavy throughout the day? I cant imagine not eeighing in the morning when I havent got loads of food/water in my system :(
*BIG HUG*!! Double loss next week- stick to it!!! X

No, I've been good today too, apart from being ridiculously stressed.

I probably weigh less now than I did an hour ago because ive spent 20 minutes crying. I know I shouldn't but it's been such an awful day and I really don't feel like there is anymore I can do to lose this weight.....

Oh chicken, that is so ****. Bloody weightloss. It will come off though so let yourself have a good cry and then tomorrow think about what you've achieved so far. You've done amazingly well and just think of how much healthier you are! How many more great years you're adding to your life. And, I know I've said this before, but I know you will have lost body fat - FOR SURE. you're doing this the completely right way so try to take comfort in that - amazing things are going to come from this. Massive hugs mate, I know it's such a horrid feeling but so much can play a part in how much you weigh, especially for us women.

Keep going, keep going! X

I dont mean not being good- having a pint of water before WI would screw your chances, so a carby/salty lunch or something could be heavy on your stomach.
So sorry that you are so upset :( I totally get it! Had an unexpected gain and it was gut wrenhing! I do find that even when I stick to plan 100% I have two good weeks and two bad weeks for weight loss- nothing to do with what I ate, entirely to do with hormone cycle I think.
*hug*!! X

Thanks ladies. It really hit me hard last night, probably because of the way I was feeling generally but also because I really believe SW would work and I've had enough of plateauing after 2/3 weeks!

It left with me with a real dilemma too, what do I do this week? Do I commit 100% again? Do I loosen up a little and allow myself some leighway?

Off plan was never an option, I've come too far for that. Hubby had bought me a macadamia subway cookie and thought I might need it last night, he was right and it was worth the 10 syns! I'd already planned a treat today so I have had that too so subsequently made the decision to go for weekly syns this week and see how that works. I've been quite strict on my syns and had less than 10 most days so I think weekly will perhaps allow me to have some treats and make it feel less diet-y? Not that I can say I've felt hard done by but sometimes it's hard to have treats as I like to use some syns to have fish etc.

I need to plan some meals for the next week based on what I have in the freezer, that will help me stay on track I am sure. Was supposed to be at pump tonight but I got stuck on a call at work so came home to put the xmas tree up! Have a PT session tomorrow night and got exercise planned Saturday and Sunday so it's not too bad. I keep being told that exercise should help, but not cause weight loss so I won't worry too much.

Just wanted to get to 1.5 stone down by Xmas and now it's looking unlikely :(

It sounds like you're in a better place today. Go with whatever will help you most in the long run. If taking the stress out of it is the answer, then go for it. Whatever you do I know you'll be really good at.

ahhh, Christmas tree! I love Christmas. Put on home alone tonight, I loved it. I hope you've had a nice, relaxing evening and feel a bit better now.

Sounds like you have some great exercise planned, you're doing so well with it! Have you taken your measurements?

Not taken any measurements but over due for another set of pictures so might do that tomorrow, I think from the original I will see a big difference!

Been a hectic week, went out for lunch with an old colleague on Wednesday and ended up having chips, then work xmas do last night (which I have no idea on syn value!). I am just trying to keep my syns lower over the next few days to try and recoup a bit. Got a funny compliment last night, my best mate was squeezing my biceps and one of the girls I work with told me afterwards I have huge muscles lol! Must be all the body pump.

Been good today with food, tried the speedy prawn curry from the SW curry book and it was incredibly good, have planned all meals pretty much till xmas now and did my last big shop today for fruit, yoghurts etc for the week. Have spent so much money on food lately and I am not sure why! Will have to get a bit stricter in the new year I think or I'll be broke before I know it. Body pump in the morning and PT session monday, also got to make my choc orange squares for party taster night at some point!

So.....I maintained AGAIN

I am having issues with my job but am trapped there.

Oh, and we got home to a letter from our estate agents telling us the landlord wont renew the lease so we have to be out end of Feb.....after living there 5 years. Looks like I'll have to cancel Maldives and we don't have any holiday left to pack and move.

Merry Christmas?!

Oh mate, I'm sorry. How have you been food wise?

Thats so **** about your flat and job - remember though that something good will come out of everything. How come you're trapped in your flat? I'm sorry things aren't great at the moment mate x

I second you on the job - and doesn't it make you stressed! Don't worry about your weight for now - at least you are maintaining and not gaining, sounds like you need some TLC and to get ya thinking cap on...moving house is hard enough but at short notice its very full on ( I did it on a weeks notice once!!!), take time to plan and try to relax, do a big money plan and work out if the holiday is do-able after all? Fingers crossed for some happy news/results for you soon chick x

Hope you're doing okay Jody ... Merry Christmas x

Hi Jody, just popping in to sub.

I've been having a read through your diary and found it refreshing to meet a fellow holiday addict! I'm completely the same and absolutely love to travel.

Sounds like you're not having a great time at the minute so sorry to hear that. Hope things get better for you and you have a lovely Christmas xx

Thank you all for your posts and Welcome along CT!

I had a bad week, which included having an epic emotional breakdown on the treadmill last week and having to be rescued by my PT, embarassing!

I've given myself almost a week off and am anticipating some serious damage but I needed a break, both physically and mentally. I will catch up more at the weekend as I am at work tomorrow. xx

Sad to hear you had a bad week last week - hope you're feeling a little happier now and that you had a fab Christmas :)

Hi Jody

Just popping by to say *hi* I'm also a travel junky who gains to much whilst away. I'm hoping 2014 going to be a different year!

Lisa x x x

Hey Jody! Sorry that you broke down on the treadmil :( hope you had a nice break over xmas? X

Hi All,

Very sorry I haven't been around much, and have been miserable as sin when I have posted. I appreciate all of your kind words and hope you all had a fab Christmas.

Ok, so I will try and recap from the top!

Moving - So, the 17th we got the letter advising us the landlord wasn't renewing our tenancy in March which was a big shock considering the fact we have been here 5 years and we know he is an investment buyer so it's not like he wants to move in himself. He did give us just over the required two months notice but considering we were right upon xmas and new year we were both a bit peeved, there is very little on the rental market at the moment as no one wants to move or do viewings this time of year! Anyway, hubby wanted to move so we had a heart to heart, I said I wanted to stay if we could, we want to buy in 2015 anyway and I just don't need the hassle of moving, especially with holiday slap bang in the middle. So we spoke to the new agent, who said they would contact the landlord............then my hometown flooded (we were on national news!) and the agents office is damaged so we haven't heard from them.

We started looking anyway and have viewed 2 places. One was a 2 bed semi bungalow with dry garage and massive driveway. Hubby likes it but it didn't feel homely to me, there is a single guy living there and it really lacked a female touch. We then looked at a two bed house which was lovely and modern but just too small :(. I spoke to the current management agent Friday again and she finally let on why we are being evicted. The contract they have with the landlord says that if he changes agent and the existing tenants remain in the property, the landlord, or new agent have to pay them a loss of earnings compensation figure. Funnily enough, neither want to do that so we get shafted, charming eh?

Because I hate being in this position and not knowing, we decided that the bungalow gave us a reasonable amount of space, I can set up my gym in the garage, kitchen is bigger, it has a garden and patio etc so hubby phones them this morning to say we will take it and it turns out they showed someone around this morning and if he is also interested then the landlord has to decide who to let to! Honestly, you couldn't write this stuff! It's also available just as we fly out so landlord could decide to go with the other tenant who wants to move asap :(. Hopefully we will know tomorrow and then can start planning/give notice etc OR hoping and praying something suitable comes on soon!

Holiday - Well, am gutted. We've cancelled Maldives for the time being due to the impending move and cash flow. I really hope it is only temporary, Kuoni have kindly agreed to hold the deposit for up to 6 months so at least we haven't lost it. I have been doing lots of research into alternative islands and I have some cool ideas. Fortunately I also have a great travel agent who is doing her best to get things organised so all hope is not lost. Thailand is not just over 4 weeks away so it will be time to start getting paperwork etc together and planning on trips, organising money etc, it's going to come round really quickly now, just a shame that we will have to move the weekend after we come back, it's not great timing!

Diet/Exercise - Hmmm, well, as you gathered, my last PT session didn't go well. It was the day after I'd maintained and had the letter about the flat and I struggled on a treadmill run and just broke down in tears. I felt like such a failure at it all and just mentally, emotionally and physically tired. When I am not thinking about food I am either planning it, preparing it, buying it or recording it! A cuppa tea and chat with my PT really helped. I think I was at my wits end with putting in so much effort and not really getting anything back. Interestingly, although SW weighed me at a maintain both weeks, my scales at home said I had lost 4lbs so not sure what is right. Am due back to SW tomorrow but might not go and wait until we move and see how I feel. I have been very lax with exercise, especially after coming down with a cold the Saturday before xmas but I have kept Pilates up and I was back at body pump yesterday (and my god do I ache!). Have booked 3 more PT sessions until holiday and need to pick up running again, hubby got me a little MP3 player for xmas so gonna load it with some dance tunes and get running!

The Plan for 2014 - Whilst talking to PT after my melt down I had a big think about what I have already achieved and whether I could continue. I don't want to give up, I've lost just over a stone which isn't much to some people but I am/was only a few pounds away from my lowest weight in 5 odd years and I am starting to see muscle definition and am miles fitter. I think I need to not get so wound up over food, especially not with the amount of calories I burn. I want to stick to SW principles - fruit and veg, lean meat etc but I need to eat more, I guess I am going to being cleaner again. The area we are looking to move to is also further away from the gym than I am now so I am planning to stick to body pump and run straight from work on Wednesday and then a PT session on Saturday and Body Pump Sunday, once we have moved I will try and get a 2nd hand treadmill for the gym room (which I am excited about!).

So, I need to weigh myself, which I am planning to do New Years day, and then see how the first few weeks go, am definitely going back to weighing at home, regardless of whether I go back to SW or not. Hubby got me a slow cooker for xmas so we will be planning on some easy meals with that but I need to start running the cupboards down which will hopefully save some money as well :D

Back