I'll be slimming all over the world.....slowly!

Amazing!!! Maldives and a big boost on the scales- wooo!! X

I really feel like things are really coming together now and suddenly I can see the changes in my body and my attitude. I think over Christmas while I was having some de-diet time it made me realise that I could easily go back to my old ways of eat whatever and do maybe one exercise class a week....but I don't want to do that. I've got further along this journey then I have in any attempt in the past five years and I know I have it in me to get to my goals. It might take longer than I initially hoped, but that's ok. I think it's only by doing this the long way I will change the habits that got me here in the first place :D

Well, after my disbelief at the scales this week....I can confirm that they were absolutely correct and actually, I have probably lost even more since then! I had my first PT session of 2014 yesterday and we decided to update my details (my last sheet was mid/end Nov) so I had to hop on the scales and they read 84.9kgs, about 187lbs and I was fully clothed (I clocked in at 187.5 in undies 3 days earlier). We also did my body fat % and I can't remember the new reading but I think I was 1.5% down so good news all round!

The big news though, is.....that I am signed up to take part in the Reebok Spartan Race in August :eek:. If you aren't familiar with it, it's a 5k+ obstacle race involving gladiators, fire, mud, water, climbing things and more *gulp*. I have 7 months to get my fitness as high as I can!

Yesterday we moved our fish tank to hubbys friends house. It's miles more complex than it sounds and it took almost all day but they seem happy and he is already asking us to sell it to him! Already been and smashed body pump this morning which killed after my PT session yesterday but did have a rather large curry last night to reward our moving efforts. I'm still trying to average around 1,800 calories a day, which is some 500 below by estimated TDEE (I think it's probably higher now but it seemed a good place to start) and that seems to be doing the trick so far, maybe I really wasn't eating enough calories!

Having a rest tomorrow and then trying to run Tuesday as that hasn't been going too well but I will keep trying :D

well done for you signing up for the race....but more importantly...on the loss! ;)

sometimes it's good when we take things slowly....ok, we all want to lose weight yesterday...but making good changes that will have more chance in staying in place is key i think?

you sound in a much better place huni :D x

Wow!! It's great reading such an inspiring and positive post! You really seem so motivated and happy at the moment :) That race sounds sooo tough but it'll be great motivation for you. I'm amazed by your exercise, definitely inspired me to get moving a bit more. I start a new job in 3 weeks next to an Olympic sized swimming pool so I've got no excuse now! xx

Ah mate, I can't even tell you how glad I am to read that! Your happy chappy mood is definitely coming through in your posts too, which is always a great sign! Happy people get rid of weight :)

I've decided I'm going to try and stop calling it losing weight cos I saw this thing on Facebook where it said that usually if you lose something you want to find it again ... And I definitely don't want to do that, haha!

When's moving day?

Still scheduled to move on the 15th Feb but the landlord on our current flat has apparently decided to hold us to our contract and make us pay until 4th March :(. Seems so unfair really! Our new landlord isn't able to agree a later moving in date there as he now isn't in the country so I am putting pressure on the agent who is taking on our flat to see if they can cajole the landlord into agreeing our early departure - following?

So.....am bang on it with the exercise still! The weekend was hard with pump and PT session back to back. I didn't do a class last night but did a Triccep/Bicep and Shoulder work out last night and tonight I dedicated purely to running and abs. I had struggled running since xmas so put on my game face tonight and pushed through the most horrific exhaustion barrier...to run 3 minutes :eek:. Still, I did it and now know I can push through which is a great boost. Body pump tomorrow. :character00116:

Yay 1lb off again today! Need to check my weight spreadsheet at work but I'm sure I'm close to my lowest recorded weight since 2009...will update later :)

Well done on the loss and being your lowest weight since '09!!
That race sounds SO COOL! Can I skip the running and just do the fire and mud stuff?? Haha... I can run about 30 seconds before falling over and dying :p so 3 mins is pretty good in my books!
Glad you are feeling positive about weigt loss stuff :) sounds like you are doing really well! X

Thanks ladies. Unfortunately not quite at that lowest weight in 4 years, I think another pound will do it though so would be great to get that next week!

Pump was killer, soooooo busy and hot in there with lots of newbies. Did a 20 min rolling hill walk afterwards and might run tomorrow seeing how my legs :D

Well doneeeeee! That's amazing, I can't wait to be your weight! That'll pound will come off for sure and then ... Hellooooo miss slinky Jody!

Great at work on the exercise too ... I've really let that die down. But my exercise buddy has now finished all her exams so I'll have someone to go with again! Woohoo!

So, I suddenly realised that holiday is actually ridiculously close (11 days!) and I need to start sorting out clothes, buying any toiletries we need and digging out paperwork etc. Yesterday I saw an offer on Travelzoo for a local Falconry centre, it was £29 for 2 people to do a two hour handling and flying session, hubby loves birds of prey so I thought it would be something nice to do together so I bought it and then booked it for the weekend of my birthday in March. That means that the next months look busy:

Jan - Holiday
Feb - Move
March - Birthday/Falconry
April- New Forest break
May - Seeing Jimmy Carr
June - Hubby bday & Holiday

Had a complete day off exercise on Thursday, mostly as I was fiddling around with my MP3 player! Did go to the gym after the pub last night and did another workout from C25k and then 12 mins on cross trainer and a bit of weight lifting. Off to my PT session shortly and booked in for pump tomorrow. My boss is now off so I've had to bring some work home with me for a bit later but might go to lunch tomorrow with mum, will see how knackered I feel!

Exciting that hol is so near :D and the birds of prey thing sounds great!! X

Sounds like you've got loads of things to keep you busy. Not long now 'til Thailand, bet ya can't wait! Have you been before?

Well done on the pound loss too! Glad things are on the up for you! Hopefully the landlord will stop being such a dick too x

How exciting! I bet you just cannot wait! I am incredibly jealous, I'm not going to lie.

Sounds like you have some really great things coming up, I love it when I have loads to look forward to!

I hope weigh in (if you had a weigh in!) was good yesterday :)

Sorry for absence, weight was similar over past week or so, need to concentrate on food more.

Posting from Thailand! Arrived yesterday, taking a while to adjust to timezone but hoping to get out and about today for some exploring. Scenery looks stunning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow- have an awesome time in Thailand! and do let me know any tips as I'm heading that way in a few months too :D so excited. Hope you have a brill time!! X

Hope you're having fun in Thailand! Full travel report when you get home please missy xx

Woooo, hello Thailand!! Hope you're having a fab time,looking forward to hearing about it!

Back