I'll prove I can do it!!

Aw well done hunny that is bloody amazing!! I am totally treating it like a new diet. I'm gonna take my weigh in tonight on the chins... Ha ha see what I did there. X

I felt so scared at my last WI, was convinced I had gained and was hoping to stay the same...someone must have been looking down from on high and decided to be kind on me...I had lost 2lbs! I promised myself whatever the WI result I was going to be 100% this week and so far so good :)

I'm sure you will have an amazing week if you get back on it properly...roll on the 15s lady!! xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will defo be into the 15s in two weeks. I get weighed every 2 weeks so I will get tonight over with and get to it. X

Sounds like fighting talk lady - love it!!! Let me know how you get on :)

I've got yet another horrific period, I swear they are getting worse, it's very painful xxxx

Ha ha no way I lost 4lbs!! I got measured too. I have lost 6 inches off my waist, 6 off my hips, 3 off my bust, 1 and half off my arms, 1 and a half inches off my thighs. Is that good? I'm not too sure about measurements. X

Ha ha brilliant!!!!! That's pretty amazing - well done :)

My CDC hasn't been measuring me so on 17 Aug I got my sister to start taking my stats, since then I've lost:

Chest - 5.5"
Arm - 2.5"
Waist - 6.5"
Hips - 7"
Thigh - 4.5"

So I think u've got pretty impressive stats :) my boobs have shrunk from a 40E to a 38DD too xxx

Happy Halloween everybody!!! I'm having a Halloween party for the kids tonight so hoping to god I can stay clear of the treats on the buffet and I will be giving everything away at the end so I'm not tempted to pick after they've gone! xxx

Good plan Christy. I made bags of goodies last night but only made 20 bags. Once they have gone that's them gone. X

My plan didnt work...I've eaten sandwiches...and crisps...and sausage rolls.....and don't get me started on the rice crispy eyeball cakes and freaky fairy cakes!!! Oh well, it's Halloween - back on it with a vengeance tomorrow. I'm off out with my bezzy mate from my school days tonight as she is back visiting her mum. I'm going to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine as a rare treat, she doesn't drink so it won't be a crazy night xx

Ah **** it hunny. Most important thing is you get bak on it tomorrow. I just had a couple spoons of peas, mash and gravy. Not the best choice but I am bloody starving!! X

Yeah, I was going to try and abstain but it was just too hard and I won't get time to eat anything more appropriate before my mate picks me up, so sod it lol!

I'll make sure I'm super good for the rest of the week so I still have a good loss this week. I'll make sure I'm downing in water tomorrow too xxxx

Hmmm well had a lovely night on Wednesday night, was 100% yesterday but today has not been good at all. Survived Maccy d's earlier when I took the kids for lunch, but then we went to Mr Sims after the park and I just couldn't resist having some sweets. Did some baking with the kids and had a cupcake and then opened one of the bottles of wine I bought in France at Easter when my sister came round to pick up my niece - she's had OFSTED in and her OH is on a stag weekend in Budapest so it was treat for her surviving the week.

It's WI tomorrow at 8am so hoping I've not done too much damage to the hard work I put in earlier this week.

The sis and I are taking the kids to a big bonfire event tomorrow night then I'm staying at hers, she's cooking so I am going to have a night off plan tomorrow. She's very healthy though so it won't be a blow-out, just a case of slightly bending the rules and she's promised me it will be low calorie and low carb. Alcohol will no doubt be involved though - bonfire night is always a big thing with the family and some traditions just need to continue whether or not I am dieting.

Something struck me this week which is I don't want to be perfect on this diet, I need to be able to live and enjoy my life - plus what happens after CD?? If I haven't learnt how to balance social events with being careful then I am just going to end up piling the weight back on. I have lost large amounts of weight (we are talking 5+ stones and more at least 3 times before) but I have just ended up putting it all back on. I am trying to educate myself to be able to let my hair down but know when I need to stop and control my food intake. That is the secret to maintenance, not saying no all the time - that simply isn't realistic and anybody who thinks they can do that forever is just fooling themselves.

So people....I am just hoping I am still in the 15s....I was 15st11 this morning!!! Watch this space....!! xxx

Just had WI......officially 6lbs off this week!! Yay!!!! So I'm officially in the 15s and my CDC is getting very excited about my progress. 7lbs to go and I have lost 5 stone on CD :D

I know I've said this hundreds of times before but I bloody love this diet!!!! Xxx

AMAZING!!!! Wow just shows when you go back to being 100% just how effective this diet can be

Massive pat on the back Christy!

Christy well done you your weightloss this week! I was reading with interest your earlier post about learning educating yourself about food/choices. Whilst CD is brilliant and effective (as are other vlcd' if one sticks at them) you are right there is life after CD unless one want to use it as a "tool" to lose weight every now and again. That method isn't for me because I spent 2 years failing to do exactly that. This time around i took the approach of I have a social event I will make a good food choice and I did exactly that. However, last Sunday I chose to have cheese and crackers and I did get depressed about it the next day as I had gained. However,this time, Idid not allow that food choice to turn into an excuse to eat more and then continue eating which is exactly what i have done in the past. So on Monday or Tuesday on my return from london I weight 9st 7lb 8oz and my sneak daily weigh in this morning I weighed 9st 5lb 6oz becaues i chose to stick to plan (happens to be S&S). I strive to make the right choices post vlcd so with you on what you posted earlier.

Well done! And keep going! xx

Tbag said:
AMAZING!!!! Wow just shows when you go back to being 100% just how effective this diet can be

Massive pat on the back Christy!

Thank you! I think it was a case of getting complacent and not following the diet properly and it affected my losses. I am doing the 810 plan and I had stopped weighing my veg, when I started weighing it again a realised I was having twice as much as I should have done and not enough protein! Plus I wasn't drinking nearly enough water xx

Kira said:
Christy well done you your weightloss this week! I was reading with interest your earlier post about learning educating yourself about food/choices. Whilst CD is brilliant and effective (as are other vlcd' if one sticks at them) you are right there is life after CD unless one want to use it as a "tool" to lose weight every now and again. That method isn't for me because I spent 2 years failing to do exactly that. This time around i took the approach of I have a social event I will make a good food choice and I did exactly that. However, last Sunday I chose to have cheese and crackers and I did get depressed about it the next day as I had gained. However,this time, Idid not allow that food choice to turn into an excuse to eat more and then continue eating which is exactly what i have done in the past. So on Monday or Tuesday on my return from london I weight 9st 7lb 8oz and my sneak daily weigh in this morning I weighed 9st 5lb 6oz becaues i chose to stick to plan (happens to be S&S). I strive to make the right choices post vlcd so with you on what you posted earlier.

Well done! And keep going! xx

Thanks Kira!! Yes I totally agree - I have got so fed up of yo yoing and during my journey this time I have been thinking about people I know who have lost weight and kept it off. I have spoken to a lot of them about their approach and whilst they all have their own methods the common thread is balance - they all enjoy the odd blow-out or treat but most of the week they stick to a controlled diet.

My sister for instance dropped from a size 16 to a size 10-12 several years ago (she will not tell me her weight) and has had a baby in that time and did not gain excess weight whilst pregnant. She told me she follows a 900 calorie diet Monday-Thursday and then eats/drinks what she wants at the weekend.

I also met up with a very dear friend this week who had, like me, gained a huge amount of weight over the years. She's recently lost 3 stone on SW and is still losing. She said we didn't get to be a size 24 overnight - it was consistently 'treating' ourselves and making excuses over a number of years. She's so supportive of this diet and says she finds me an inspiration - it was fantastic to hear that and did make me feel proud.

God just thought - I was a size 24 in May...I am now finding my size 18 clothes getting loose!!! Wow!!! :)

So yes, like you, successful maintenance is about being in control enough to allow ourselves to enjoy treats but then to know when it's time to stop there and make good healthy choices xxx

Christy you are spot on and that it isn't until now I am realising or permitting myself to accept I cannot continue with treats and I have to exert some level of control in order to maintain my weight and not allow it to creep up again. It amazing how long it can take for some (particularly me!)for the penny to drop! You have done brilliantly and you are continuing to do it. I am very excited for you and hope to follow the rest of your journey through to maintenance. So keep posting!

Thanks Kira! Lord knows its taken me long enough for the penny to drop too ;)

I've had a lovely weekend with my sister - she cooked a gorgeous chicken casserole for when we came back from the bonfire last night. She got the recipe from the Hairy Dieters Cookbook so it was healthy...yummy too!

We shared a couple of bottles of red wine which won't have done the diet any good but it was a lovely evening :)

Back to work tomorrow and dreading it...really don't want the holiday to end :( xxx

Ash! Sounds like you had a great time! Totally understand you not wanting it to end! But there will be more times. Glad you enjoyed the meal and the wine! It's lovely to savour food and then get back to business with losing the weight. Something which is clearly new to us and interestingly I find that empowering although I confess I am so scared of introducing real food more permanently to my food plan.

one step at a time. I discovered my fitness pal and I think that my be the way forward for me post vlcd. Reviews are mixed it isn't perfect but its working fr my sister in law who's lost 9kg using it over past few weeks.

have a good first day back. X

Back