I'll prove I can do it!!

This is my day 2 on CWP and its been really difficult, the hunger pangs are just pulling me down every second, i am hoping that i do get past these 4 days.

Reading about the outcomes and how everyone coped with the diet is the only way i have been ignoring all the other volcanic emotions, cravings that are creeping into me.

Kira said:
Ash! Sounds like you had a great time! Totally understand you not wanting it to end! But there will be more times. Glad you enjoyed the meal and the wine! It's lovely to savour food and then get back to business with losing the weight. Something which is clearly new to us and interestingly I find that empowering although I confess I am so scared of introducing real food more permanently to my food plan.

one step at a time. I discovered my fitness pal and I think that my be the way forward for me post vlcd. Reviews are mixed it isn't perfect but its working fr my sister in law who's lost 9kg using it over past few weeks.

have a good first day back. X

Well it is Monday - drummed up the courage to jump on the scales this morning and they read the same as Saturday morning which I am very relieved about! At least the food and wine didn't do any damage :)

Back on plan today and making a big effort to ensure I keep my water consumption to the max. Had a choc shake warm for breakfast and just had a cookies and cream shake for lunch, I love them!

Feeling very emotional and hormonal though, been like this for the last month so just hoping it stops soon because it's making me feel really paranoid and panicky. I'm not normally like this so putting it down to this diet...but I may be wrong xx

rayna said:
This is my day 2 on CWP and its been really difficult, the hunger pangs are just pulling me down every second, i am hoping that i do get past these 4 days.

Reading about the outcomes and how everyone coped with the diet is the only way i have been ignoring all the other volcanic emotions, cravings that are creeping into me.

Hi Rayna! Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of CD!!

The first week is by far the hardest, I took it hour by hour and just focused on getting through to the next shake. Once you're in ketosis the hunger stops and it makes it a lot easier. Drink plenty of water as that helps :)

This forum helps no end to keep motivation going, I couldn't have lasted all this time without the wonderful support :)

Good luck!!!! xx

Girls you are doing do fab. I have been making a conscious effort to really try stick to the plan today. I have been a total nightmare. How dare my social life get in the way of me losing weight!! He he. Got absolutely smashed on Fri night and ended up eating Chinese food. Sat I was a nightmare as had the hangover from hell. I'm tired, cold and just want bread. However I shall glug on my water instead. Want to be a comfy 14 for Xmas. Remember ladies...
NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS!! Xxxxz

Keep the focus lovely!!! After my 7lb whoosh last week I have only lost 1lb so far - fed up because I've been so good and also drunk loads of water. Dreading weigh in because it's on Friday and in the afternoon. That means at least a 2lb gain - I'm not seeing my normal CDC as she's away in the States with work so I'm meeting her mum who is also a CDC. I'm tempted to say I will just have products and not get weighed...will have a ponder... Xx

Weighed myself this morning and I appear to have lost 2lbs overnight! Scales are saying 15st9 this morning. Need to keep the focus going and see what I can shift by tomorrow - I'll make a decision about WI when I weigh myself tomorrow morning - 2lbs to go until I have lost 5 and a half stone since my heaviest in May. Only 9lbs to go since I've lost the most weight ever!!! Wow! Xx

Well done Christy!! Personally I think as long as there is some kind of loss on the scales then you should go to weigh in? It will give you the kick up the bum to keep going... sometimes the humiliation is the only thing that works for me, and you've lost anyway!

Christy go and get bloody weighed before I have to come kick your ass to get weighed!!! Xxx

Ha ha ha ok you two - you win! I'll get weighed tomorrow!! I was 15st9 this morning which felt good :) mind you I've just eaten a Bon maman raspberry tart which I brought back from France at Easter. Found a pack at the back of the cupboard and as I hadn't had my third shake I was starving and ate it....I'm rubbish!!!

Other than that I've stuck to plan so fingers crossed if I drink enough water I'll get away with it....

Quiet weekend is planned so hopefully won't fall off the diet wagon this weekend xx

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow Christy - got my fingers crossed for you. You'll be fine!

Scales say 15st8 this morning....4lbs down from last week! Definitely going for WI and expecting a 2lb loss to be recorded as I am bound to gain a couple of pounds during the day. As my CDC is currently in the States I'm hoping her mum has her diary and will get me back on Saturday morning WIs - I much prefer a morning one as I feel they are more accurate xxx

Just worked out my BMI and it's 34.1 - that means if I go down another 5 points I will be classified as overweight, not obese - or indeed morbidly obese like I was in the Spring!!! Now that is a motivator :)

Christy that is great news! I agree with more accurate weigh in the morning preferably post pee naked! Another 5lbs down is so in your reach and I'm sure it will give your that focus we sometimes need just to keep going. I think the change in mindest does help with the losses in that that we now acknowledge food choices will always be something we have to make and it magically solved when one has lost XXXstones on a vlcd or other diet plan. For me learning where I went wrong previously has made a great difference. Reading my old journals back has helped me realise that I felt "Eating" something off plan meant failure when I fact it meant was don't eat the same thing the next day and keep an eye on calories! Sounds so simple but taken me 2 years on and off failed vlcd attempts to work that one out!

Kira said:
Christy that is great news! I agree with more accurate weigh in the morning preferably post pee naked! Another 5lbs down is so in your reach and I'm sure it will give your that focus we sometimes need just to keep going. I think the change in mindest does help with the losses in that that we now acknowledge food choices will always be something we have to make and it magically solved when one has lost XXXstones on a vlcd or other diet plan. For me learning where I went wrong previously has made a great difference. Reading my old journals back has helped me realise that I felt "Eating" something off plan meant failure when I fact it meant was don't eat the same thing the next day and keep an eye on calories! Sounds so simple but taken me 2 years on and off failed vlcd attempts to work that one out!

Absolutely Kira! It's funny because I must admit I read a lot of diaries which I don't comment on....stalker -like I know and ever so cringy lol...but I read a comment made my GG earlier which must have stuck - she said a treat every now and again is ok, but that means ONE treat not a few. It obviously worked because tonight I went shopping after WI and decided as I am having a quiet weekend I would allow myself a treat. So I decided I would buy some wine but instead of buying a real bottle I bought a one glass bottle (like I did when I was pregnant). When I got home I was tempted to grab a slice of cheddar but I decided that as I am having wine that is my treat and no more. I feel very proud of myself for that - the old of me would have had a full bottle of wine, cheese, chocolate and probably a curry takeaway :) xxx

Well WI done - 4lbs off - BOOM!!!!!! :D xxx

That's a fab loss! Really pleased for you! And absolutely thrilled at your choice to make an informed choice to have on,y the small bottle of one glass wine with no extras! I don't know about you but I find it quite exciting to make such choices and not feel deprived or out of control. something I thought I'd never achieve. Long way to go but I'm sure ill get there. GG has certainly been instrumental in helping me to keep going and see there is light at the end of the tunnel in real food world! We simply don't have to eat everything! Have a great weekend and once again well,done on your loss and choices/control!! X

thank you Kira - this site has an amazing collection of people on here to keep fatties like me motivated. Sometimes I can't believe I'm still on CD after nearly 4 months. But then again with results I've had its a no brainer really!

Tried the coconut shake this morning for the first time this morning and really enjoyed it - it's nice to have a change from my usual choices every now and again :)

Have a lovely weekend!! xx

Been feeling so rough today - I am getting agonising stomach cramps and keep having to dash to the loo. Looks like I have the tummy bug my Dad and Son have had this week.....is awful :(

Scales say 15st5 this morning...that's 5 stone off since 15 July!!! x

Back